[1850] - Khorne Daemonkin - Rate my list - Khorne Daemonkin v2

The ideal discussion board for all traitors, heretics, and the warp-spawned Daemons.

How competitive is the army list below?

5 - Tournament ready for any event
No votes
4 - Tournament ready for local events
25%
3 - Competitive for pick up games
50%
2 - Standard for pick up games
25%
1 - Substandard for pick up games
No votes

Total votes: 4

Akaitsuki
MiniWarGaming Veteran

[1850] - Khorne Daemonkin - Rate my list - Khorne Daemonkin v2

Post by Akaitsuki » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:36 am

Worked on my Khorne Daemonkin list after the previous review and commentary received trying to build a stronger more competitive list. Simple question to answer I want to know how competitive you'd find this list as is (no changes) if you had to face it with your best army list. Rate then comment

Comment on the following points
- Would you win on pure brute strength? rulebook mission objectives? both?
- Would you need to list tailor to win or can your standard list take it down?
- What would you find most challenging to deal with in this list, what are you most concerned about?
- How would you rate yourself as a 40k player on a scale of 1-10 (1 being a Novice brand new to the game, 10 international/global tournament winner (top 8))

Combined Arms Detachment

HQ

Bloodthrister of Insensate Rage

Bloodthrister of Insensate Rage

Elite
3x Chaos Terminators - Power Fist; Combi-Melta

Troops

11x Bloodletters - Banner of Blood; Bloodreaper
11x Bloodletters - Banner of Blood; Bloodreaper

Heavy Support

Maulerfiend - Lasher Tendrils

Maulerfiend - Lasher Tendrils

Gorepack Formation

3x Chaos Bikers - Meltagun x2

3x Chaos Bikers - Meltagun x2

8x Flesh Hounds

8x Flesh Hounds

5x Flesh Hounds

5x Flesh Hounds
Last edited by Akaitsuki on Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lightningsymphony
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Re: [1850] - Khorne Daemonkin - Rate my list - Khorne Daemonkin v2

Post by Lightningsymphony » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:18 pm

1. I would win in a combination of both-my army just had better ways to deal with the list.
2. My standard list could take this down without too much trouble from what I see.
3. The Maulerfiends may be trouble, or maybe the bikes. The Hounds are simple enough if you mass fire on them enough.
4. 5-6 rating Enough games to know better, and having played against KDK.
Great Ascendent Drakthia-Servant of Rivera, Drothri of Solaris

Great Leviathan Vasa-Master of the Milky Way

Lesser Leviathan Rivera-Guardian of Belliath, Servant of Vasa

Geradox
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Geradox » Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:35 pm

Both I rhinks,
My standard list could deal with it rather easy
the Maulerfiends would by far be the hardest for me to take out
I'd say am a 5 or 6 skill wise. Though kdk was my starting army so my tactics 4 them and against them are sound
Chaos always, always chaos.

Akaitsuki
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Akaitsuki » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:08 am

Thanks for the responses fellas interesting to say the least, I would like a more indepth breakdown on how your army would win exactly. So I can better understand any weaknesses specially wether it's losing from either not being hard hitting enough or losing on objective play.

Also i did an edit i totally forgot I have terminators in this, didnt list them.

Lightningsymphony
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Lightningsymphony » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:44 am

Well, the weakest form of Bloodthirster you have two of, so it isn't hard to take advantage of that. Fleshhounds are good, yes, but the lack of large numbers will make the units quickly run out as your opponent just focus fires units down. The bikes and terminators would be more difficult to deal with, but not impossible. A general list for me, at 1850 points? Includes enough units to focus fire and have enough protection to avoid the worse of the return fire. Bloodthirsters would normally be a problem, but initiative 1 kills them quickly. My Praetor could easily kill one with a paragon blade; the other dealt with by some fire or a pair of Contemptors.

After that? It's just a matter of wounds against a semi-decent list.

Geradox
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Geradox » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:05 am

I run one of two list my word bearers list and a khorne list (my khorne listcwould get wrecked it's just fun and fluffy not really too competitive) if I was being competitive I'd be using my word bearers list. Which would summon in daemons to bog down all your troops. Hold the objectives. And two helldrakes to fly around and burn anything not locked in combat. And since my two daemon princes would be higher int againt your d thirsters once all my summoning shenanigans are done id send them in to take care of your thirsters cuz daemon weapons are fun right?
Chaos always, always chaos.

Akaitsuki
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Akaitsuki » Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:58 am

Played this list today and won by a large margin on objectives against a guilliman centered list of space marines.

Skyhammer Annihilation destroyed both my bloodthristers turn 1, grav-cannons are deadly deadly deadly.

The rest of my army got to assault and racked up several bloodtithe points and ultimately there weren't enough guns to kill my guys and i completed dominated all cc except for the one that guilliman was involved in but fleshhounds tarpitted him quite well and kept him busy for several turns.

This is the first time both thristers die to shooting so quickly for me, i didn't think it could be done all in 1 round of shooting from grav with a 4+ cover save and all i figured i should live barely but still alive and kicking.

Have any of you guys engaged a D-thrister in close combat?? That initiative one is very misleading in my opinion. I won't say that a daemon prince properly equipped can't win (there are a couple nasty daemon weapons that help) but for the most part and having engaged him in CC, the D-thrister survives and wrecks whatever hit first in return. Only guilliman has bestested my thrister in CC, i expect the same to apply to most units that arent getting a crap ton of hits in CC.

A daemon prince needs at least 12 attacks at strength 8 to have a chance of defeating a D-thrister. This can be done via daemon weapons but were I a betting man I would still put my money on the MC with the D.

Lightningsymphony
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Lightningsymphony » Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:38 am

Akaitsuki wrote:Played this list today and won by a large margin on objectives against a guilliman centered list of space marines.

Skyhammer Annihilation destroyed both my bloodthristers turn 1, grav-cannons are deadly deadly deadly.

The rest of my army got to assault and racked up several bloodtithe points and ultimately there weren't enough guns to kill my guys and i completed dominated all cc except for the one that guilliman was involved in but fleshhounds tarpitted him quite well and kept him busy for several turns.

This is the first time both thristers die to shooting so quickly for me, i didn't think it could be done all in 1 round of shooting from grav with a 4+ cover save and all i figured i should live barely but still alive and kicking.

Have any of you guys engaged a D-thrister in close combat?? That initiative one is very misleading in my opinion. I won't say that a daemon prince properly equipped can't win (there are a couple nasty daemon weapons that help) but for the most part and having engaged him in CC, the D-thrister survives and wrecks whatever hit first in return. Only guilliman has bestested my thrister in CC, i expect the same to apply to most units that arent getting a crap ton of hits in CC.

A daemon prince needs at least 12 attacks at strength 8 to have a chance of defeating a D-thrister. This can be done via daemon weapons but were I a betting man I would still put my money on the MC with the D.
My weapons tend to have Instant Death on them. It would only take one failed Six to kill a thirster. Plus, a +2 poisoned strength 8 prince can kill pretty much anything.

Kovlovsky
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Post by Kovlovsky » Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:27 am

I have never faced or played with the Strength D Blood Thirster, but I've rarely seen it really performing in batreps either. If they charge something that can bring the pain and strikes first while they been already damaged by shooting (which is very likely due to being so big, impressive and obvious models), I saw them getting murdered by Imperial Knights and even dying to stuff like Dreadnoughts or very strong combat characters. I wouldn't throw that Bloodthirster against Gulliman for sure with his strength 10 attacks on initiative.
Forum's NKVD Cpt. Kovlovsky

40k : 3945 points of Thousand Sons
380 pts of Tzeentch Daemons of Chaos

Thousand Sons WiP : http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 6&t=114889

Fantasy : OnG

Akaitsuki
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Akaitsuki » Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:56 am

This thrusday I got a couple games to play. I wanted to take the list here and make it deadlier or maybe i just wanted an excuse to bring my newly built renegade knight on the table for the glory of khorne. The world may never know

Anyway I made some cuts to the list to find the points needed, of course I went with a melee knight because I'm leaning towards an all out combat aggressive list. Last time the D-thristers got nailed to the wall by skyhammer dropping down i'm hoping to mitigate this with the knight bubble wrapped in hounds and having the D-thristers swoop in from reserves.

If alpha strike isnt a problem then I'm hoping to just push these 3 combat monsters up the board.

1850 Pts - Codex: Khorne Daemonkin Roster - Khorne Daemonkin

: Combined Arms Detachment (20#, 946 pts)
1 Bloodthirster of Insensate Rage, 275 pts (Warlord)
1 Bloodthirster of Insensate Rage, 275 pts
7 Chaos Cultists, 58 pts
1 Cultist Champion
7 Chaos Cultists, 58 pts
1 Cultist Champion
1 Maulerfiend, 140 pts (2x Lasher Tendrils)
1 Maulerfiend, 140 pts (2x Lasher Tendrils)
1 Combined Arms Detachment, 0 pts

: Forsworn Knight Detachment (1#, 325 pts)
1 Forsworn Knight Detachment [RKn], 325 pts
1 Renegade Knight [RKn]

Formation: Gorepack (31#, 576 pts)
1 Gorepack, 576 pts
2 Chaos Bikers (Meltagun x2)
1 Biker Champion (Bolt Pistol; Close Combat Weapon)
2 Chaos Bikers (Meltagun x2)
1 Biker Champion (Bolt Pistol; Close Combat Weapon)
8 Flesh Hounds
8 Flesh Hounds
8 Flesh Hounds

Total Roster Cost: 1847