I've been gone a few years. A lot has changed.

The ideal discussion board for all traitors, heretics, and the warp-spawned Daemons.
SweetSorrow
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Re: I've been gone a few years. A lot has changed.

Post by SweetSorrow » Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:41 pm

Personally, I always found paying the bit extra points to run the chainfist over a powerfist was worth it for me. Then again i am not sure how often people buy or bring fortifications anymore or if you still can. I agree with Kov though that it always worth the points to mark out your lord to give him a bit of an extra buff over a standard character.
Only units i ever really cut my marks on at lower points are usually my troops. However that may also just be me being slightly biased towards fluffy marking of HQs. And maybe those boon of mutations i should not put on everything...
Also its nice to see one of the people that was here back when I was super active back as well :D
The Stars Await, Let us now wander together.

Well then, this is rather entertaining
Chaos Marines - 5,000
IIIIIIIIII

Bone2pick
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Re: I've been gone a few years. A lot has changed.

Post by Bone2pick » Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:37 pm

@SweetSorrow I'm pretty pumped to revive my 40k hobby. I've missed building an army, discussing tactics, and writing out fluff for my favorite miniatures. And from what I can tell—it looks like it's the perfect time for a chaos space marine fanboy like myself to unleash hell across the table top once again. 8)

I'll see if I can squeeze a mark on the lord. It'll likely be Nurgle for survivability over something more offensive. But keep in mind, I'm already fielding ten terminators (all with combi guns and a couple with chain fists), and a land raider. Add in the lord and that's a lot of points taken up in a 1500 list.
Space Marines excel at warfare because they were designed to excel at everything.

-Primarch Roboute Guilliman