What do y'all think on the fallen marine rule in rise of the primairc

The ideal discussion board for all traitors, heretics, and the warp-spawned Daemons.
mouser04
MiniWarGaming Zealot

What do y'all think on the fallen marine rule in rise of the primairc

Post by mouser04 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:16 am

What is y'all thoughts on the cypher rules and the new fallen rules and in the section of the book you can actually play greyknights as chaos under the adversary rules weird eh so fire away on each part that contains the chaos marines

Alkuzar
Bronze Vault Member

Re: What do y'all think on the fallen marine rule in rise of the primairc

Post by Alkuzar » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:21 am

Not really any specific thougths on them, but i am playing with the idea to make the Fallen Champions formation as BB for my CSM army, just for some fun.

A 10 man unit, with Cypher attached so they get shrouded besides infiltrate, ATSKNF and stubborn from the formation self.
Plus Cypher being able to fire both weapons twice in the shooting phase and able to overwatch with full ballistic skill, the unit can dish out some nice damage if ignored. But my hope is that my opponent is worried enough about that unit, that he will focus it first, so i can worry about other stuff with my main force.

But as i don't have the book yet, i can't say anything about the Grey Knights being able to play as chaos under the adversary rules, it just seems weird.
Last edited by Alkuzar on Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Warhammer 40k:
106 power. / 1994 pts. Death Guard
33 power. / 667 pts. The Tainted
17 power. / 362 pts. Daemons of Nurgle

Koonitz
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges

Post by Koonitz » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:47 am

Draad wrote: I would equip them with a few Flamers. Perhaps bring a Techmarine to buff up their cover, make it a 2+ and enjoy the enemy trying to dislodge them from here.
If you plan on infiltrating, remember that Techmarines can only bolster a cover save provided by terrain within their deployment zone. As such, you cannot infiltrate close to the enemy and also benefit from said bolstered cover. FYI.
Armies:
40k: Knights Cynosure Iron Hands successor chapter, House Terryn Questor Imperialis, Thousand Sons/Tzeentch Daemons
30k: Thousand Sons
Age of Sigmar: Sylvaneth, Disciples of Tzeentch

Alkuzar
Bronze Vault Member

Post by Alkuzar » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:59 am

Draad wrote:Perhaps bring a Techmarine to buff up their cover, make it a 2+ and enjoy the enemy trying to dislodge them from here.
Also if you want to bring the Fallen Formation, you can't take anything besides Cypher and 1-3 units of fallen, nothing more.
Warhammer 40k:

Alkuzar
Bronze Vault Member

Post by Alkuzar » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:23 pm

Draad wrote:
Koonitz wrote:
Draad wrote: I would equip them with a few Flamers. Perhaps bring a Techmarine to buff up their cover, make it a 2+ and enjoy the enemy trying to dislodge them from here.
If you plan on infiltrating, remember that Techmarines can only bolster a cover save provided by terrain within their deployment zone. As such, you cannot infiltrate close to the enemy and also benefit from said bolstered cover. FYI.
Very true... I tried to find some infiltrating IC that could grant them Stealth or anyway buff their cover save a little but I have not found anything cheap or simple.
If you have Cypher attached to the unit he gives shrouded to them, so +2 to cover saves.
Warhammer 40k:

Alkuzar
Bronze Vault Member

Post by Alkuzar » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:32 pm

Draad wrote:What I meant was to "buff their cover saves beyond 3+" (Ruins starts at 5+, add Shrouded => 3+). This is why I was looking in Stealth (additionnal +1 bonus to cover saves, stacks with Shrouded) or a way to buff up the initial cover save of the piece of landscape they infiltrate in.
Then i said nothing. :)
Warhammer 40k:

Koonitz
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges

Post by Koonitz » Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:20 pm

Draad wrote: What I meant was to "buff their cover saves beyond 3+" (Ruins starts at 5+, add Shrouded => 3+). This is why I was looking in Stealth (additionnal +1 bonus to cover saves, stacks with Shrouded) or a way to buff up the initial cover save of the piece of landscape they infiltrate in.
Ruins do provide a 4+ cover. Shrouded in ruins would give a 2+ cover save. In this case, it would all depend on what kind of terrain you most often use.
Armies:
40k: Knights Cynosure Iron Hands successor chapter, House Terryn Questor Imperialis, Thousand Sons/Tzeentch Daemons
30k: Thousand Sons
Age of Sigmar: Sylvaneth, Disciples of Tzeentch

mouser04
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by mouser04 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:20 am

U do know in the rise of the primairch oh can spell right now there is a section u can play the fallen army they have warlord traits for and army wide rules u have to look in the book to see what they have I don't have it on me right now

Alkuzar
Bronze Vault Member

Post by Alkuzar » Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:04 am

mouser04 wrote:U do know in the rise of the primairch oh can spell right now there is a section u can play the fallen army they have warlord traits for and army wide rules u have to look in the book to see what they have I don't have it on me right now
I have the book myself and i can't find anything about this, only the rules for Cypher, the Fallen and a formation for them. As you have the book can you tell me on which page I can find these warlord traits and army wide rules? Because i can only find those for the Ultramarines.
Warhammer 40k:

Alkuzar
Bronze Vault Member

Post by Alkuzar » Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:11 am

mouser04 wrote:U do know in the rise of the primairch oh can spell right now there is a section u can play the fallen army they have warlord traits for and army wide rules u have to look in the book to see what they have I don't have it on me right now
I have the book myself and i can't find anything about this, only the rules for Cypher, the Fallen and a formation for them. As you have the book can you tell me on which page I can find these warlord traits and army wide rules? Because i can only find those for the Ultramarines.
mouser04 wrote:What is y'all thoughts on the cypher rules and the new fallen rules and in the section of the book you can actually play greyknights as chaos under the adversary rules weird eh so fire away on each part that contains the chaos marines
It's not really that only the Greyknight are playable under Chaos, each army of your opponent (when you are playing Grey Knights) have an option to upgrade to some Daemonic rules, doesn't really matter what they play. So they don't become fullfledged Chaos armies, just a couple of upgrades.
Warhammer 40k: