Which primarch next to return?

The ideal discussion board for all traitors, heretics, and the warp-spawned Daemons.
Jeffers
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Which primarch next to return?

Post by Jeffers » Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:57 am

So Magnus and Gilliman have returned. Who do you believe is next?

My punt would be Fulgrim and Lion El'Jonson.
Fulgrim simply to update the resin/finecast line to plastic and within with the current story . Lion simply due to Cypher appearing and Gilliman may have to rely on another great strategist in order to whip the imperium into shape. Thoughts?

quzzaq
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Re: Which primarch next to return?

Post by quzzaq » Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:08 pm

If i am correct, the first one was magnus, then roboute, next one is gonna be a traitor one, so im between mortarion, fulgrim or angron.

steam
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Post by steam » Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:33 pm

The ones that I want to see, and which are my most favorites, are.
1- Lion El'Jonson
2- Mortarion

Guildenstern
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Guildenstern » Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:13 pm

I thought Lion El Johnson wasn't technically a traitor? (I'm only on book 32 of the HH so don't spoiler it :P)

Anyway, honestly I'd like to see Angron or Mortarion. I'd love to see the rules for Angron, just because he should be a beast imho. And Mortarion is just one of my fave traitor primarchs.

I have a sneaking suspicion tho that Lorgar might be next.
Dez: "PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!"
Guildy's WIP thread (mostly Skaven)
Guildy's weeklypaint thread! (everything mostly not Skaven!)

Imperia
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Post by Imperia » Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:34 pm

My money is on Mortarion, assuming we go with the Traitor then Loyalist and back again, then its time for a Traitor, and with some of the Rumors feeling like they could be something broken and gothic (Like the Grim Reaper Mortarion is) Then it could be him, there is also someone fighting a bloodthirster, which makes me question who it could be, as it would likely be an epic piece of art it would be Imperial vs Chaos but it might be a big release and just that art relates to just one model in that release. Also Mortarion is the only other Primarch we know is active in realspace, considering he was doing things in Wrath Of Magnus, and we haven't heard about any of the others.

I would of course always prefer Lion 'El Jonson but I'm a DA fanboy so anything edgy in a robe gets me excited.

Kovlovsky
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Post by Kovlovsky » Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:48 am

Jeffers wrote:My punt would be Fulgrim and Lion El'Jonson.
Fulgrim simply to update the resin/finecast line to plastic and within with the current story . Thoughts?
The finecast thing is irrelevant because Fulgrim is made by Forgeworld for the Horus Heresy and it's not GW's Finecast. FW resin is of much higher quality. Furthermore, Fulgrim currently looks like a male Marilith with wings and would be completely different to the FW model that represents Fulgrim before his ascension to daemonhood. So, GW's decision wouldn't be based on the "need" to update its miniature.
Imperia wrote:Also Mortarion is the only other Primarch we know is active in realspace, considering he was doing things in Wrath Of Magnus, and we haven't heard about any of the others.
Angron has actually been active in realspace. He participated in the First War of Armaguedon, leading his World Eaters when they invaded the planet. He was also active in some kind of dark crusade from memory too...

Personally, I believe next will be Leman Russ even though I have no enthusiasm for him. This is because his comeback is hinted in Wrath of Magnus through a vision of Logan Grimnar (which was kind of lame BTW) and also because Space Wolves usually get a favored treatment. Lion El'Johnson is probably the next most likely loyalist primarch to come back first because he's just asleep in the Rock, Cypher is back and we all know that he carries his primarch's sword.

If GW decides to keep alternating between traitors and loyalists, I would say that Angron and Mortarion are the two most likely to be made first. This is because both are extremely popular and so are their legions. Mortarion has probably more modelling potential, so he might be a little more likely to come back first.
Forum's NKVD Cpt. Kovlovsky

40k : 3945 points of Thousand Sons
380 pts of Tzeentch Daemons of Chaos

Thousand Sons WiP : http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 6&t=114889

Fantasy : OnG

Jeffers
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Jeffers » Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:22 am

When i was talking about finecast, i was referring to the noise marines and not FW line

Jeffers
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Jeffers » Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:24 am

Might be cool to see Lorgar due to his hatred towards Ultramarines more and update chaos undivided with rules

Tirpydurp
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Tirpydurp » Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:05 am

I agree with Jeffers about Lorgar. Hearing the news about Guilliman' return he might want to get up of his arse and seek to finish the job Fulgrim failed to do. It also make sense to have Lorgar come back over the rest of the traitor primarchs due to the hate between the Ultramarines and Word Bearers however anything is possible.

That being said, I haven't read anything as to why Cypher is with Guilliman but considering the history with the Dark Angels and Cypher it would make sens Lion El'Johnson to return.
Horus Heresy Word Bearers - 1000 Points

Kovlovsky

Post by Kovlovsky » Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:14 am

Tirpydurp wrote:I agree with Jeffers about Lorgar. Hearing the news about Guilliman' return he might want to get up of his arse and seek to finish the job Fulgrim failed to do. It also make sense to have Lorgar come back over the rest of the traitor primarchs due to the hate between the Ultramarines and Word Bearers however anything is possible.
The same can be said for Leman Russ actually. Since Magnus is out for good, Leman Russ might come out of his hiding place and challenge Magnus. Also, Lorgar is the most reclusive daemon primarch. However, if I was given a choice, I would bring back Lorgar 100 times over Russ for sure.
Tirpydurp wrote:That being said, I haven't read anything as to why Cypher is with Guilliman but considering the history with the Dark Angels and Cypher it would make sens Lion El'Johnson to return.
Yes, it would.

Tirpydurp
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Tirpydurp » Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:53 am

Kovlovsky wrote: The same can be said for Leman Russ actually. Since Magnus is out for good, Leman Russ might come out of his hiding place and challenge Magnus. Also, Lorgar is the most reclusive daemon primarch. However, if I was given a choice, I would bring back Lorgar 100 times over Russ for sure.
That's true, i'd also agree with Lorgar over Russ but maybe they will be released at the same time?

There was a post a while ago of a "leaked" deamon prince with huge wings and a scythe, the image on the post is really small and hard to make out any other feature but it looked like Mortarion. If this is the case then it looks like they're going through all four marks of chaos releasing their respective Primarchs along with a book and new plastic models for the marks, Death Guard being next.

What ever happens I hope GW keep it up, 2017 looks to be the year of Chaos.
Horus Heresy Word Bearers - 1000 Points

Salamand3rs4Lyfe
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Salamand3rs4Lyfe » Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:23 pm

Tirpydurp wrote: What ever happens I hope GW keep it up, 2017 looks to be the year of Chaos.
More like the year of Mary sue failures :lol:, but to not be a negative Nancy on the way cadia fell (haven't read wrath of magnus, but heard rumors) I feel like chaos has some potential for great releases
Armies i collect:
11,115pts csm The Privileged
7,268pts Salamanders
1,200pts gsc Sons of Jormangandr

Kovlovsky

Post by Kovlovsky » Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:07 pm

Salamand3rs4Lyfe wrote:
Tirpydurp wrote: What ever happens I hope GW keep it up, 2017 looks to be the year of Chaos.
More like the year of Mary sue failures :lol:, but to not be a negative Nancy on the way cadia fell (haven't read wrath of magnus, but heard rumors) I feel like chaos has some potential for great releases
Wrath of Magnus fluff is bad. I mean, really bad. If you've already read "Battle of the Fang", Wrath of Magnus is literally the same book in shorter and more poorly written. It's the exact same plot, with the same plot devices, about as much Deus ex Machina in Space Wolves favor and the same unbelievable Space Wolves heroics. The Thousand Sons consistently out think their opponents. Doesn't matter. Plot armor and Deus ex Machinas come to the rescue! The only things that are good about this book are the new art and the rules. The fluff is pure rubbish and not worth reading. If you want to read on the Thousand Sons, try the Ahriman trilogy. I won't say that it's 1000 times better than Wrath of Magnus because 1000 times 0 is equal to 0. Wrath of Magnus is a waste of time, Ahriman trilogy is amazing and subtle, especially the first book. From what I heard, Fall of Cadia is about as bad. This article pretty much sums up everything wrong in Wrath of Magnus: http://thegoodthebadtheinsulting.blogsp ... -lore.html.

Salamand3rs4Lyfe
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Salamand3rs4Lyfe » Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:08 pm

Sweet heavens, kov....I think I am going to vomit or cry, I can't tell which. And I was looking forward to reading about the conquest of one of my least favorite chapters at the hands of a traitor legion I enjoyed but now. Now I'm just going to peruse eBay for the rules book for wrath of magnus and steer clear of the story book. :cry:
Armies i collect:
11,115pts csm The Privileged
7,268pts Salamanders
1,200pts gsc Sons of Jormangandr