2nd attempt emperor children+night lords army list

The ideal discussion board for all traitors, heretics, and the warp-spawned Daemons.
quzzaq
MiniWarGaming Beginner

2nd attempt emperor children+night lords army list

Post by quzzaq » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:54 am

Im triying to improve my army list, so i will love to hear some comments:

Rapture battalion:
Warlord
sorcerer lord
mark slaanesh
+2 mastery level
spell familiar,
sigil of corruption

Kakophoni
Hq: chaos lord
mark slaanesh
the soul snare lash
power sword
sigil of corruption

1x7 noise marines
icon of excess
power lance
rhino
7ccw.
1x7 noise marines
6 sonic blaster
icon of excess
rhino

2x5 noise marines
blastmaster

1x1 spawn
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mayhem pack
2x hellbrute
multimelta+power first
1xhellbrute
2power first
2 heavy flammers.
.............................................................................................
Night lords CAD

chaos lord
jumpack
power sword
combiflammer
melta bombs
sigil of corruption
vox daemonicus

troops
1x10 cultist
8 autogun
1 heavy stubber
1shotgun

1x5 raptors

fast attack
1x heldrake.

All: 1849 pts, some comments and ideas plz.

Jeffers
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Re: 2nd attempt emperor children+night lords army list

Post by Jeffers » Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:39 am

Lose the power lance and i wpuld strip the cultists to bare bones and get more bodies or spend the points elsewhere as they dont have the staying power.

The problem you have is the night lord with vox has to be on the board and with a squad of 5 raptors, is not enough bodies as i have found recently. Ideally you want to have say 7-8 and take the 2 special weapons as they still have their full attacks

quzzaq
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by quzzaq » Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:39 am

Do you recommend to take out the cultist in favor of a few more raptors? i think that with the 65 cultist points i can add 2 more raptors with meltas or flammers, not sure about wich special weapon.

The lance in the noise champ is cause the cc noise marines are a cc kamikaze unit. so i dont think he will survive more than 1 charge XD and is fluffy, but what do you recommend? a power sword? is more reliable i think

My plan is to set everything on the table but the mayhem pack and the heldrake, so i can launch a massive attack by 2-3 turn, im pretty new at this and the people i play dont help me much in the army list regard,

thegeAK
Now we're getting somewhere...

Post by thegeAK » Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:58 am

Why have the PSword AND Soulsnare Lash on your lord? Why not just give him Blissgiver? That gives you D6 attacks and AP3. You lose the 6's cause insta-death but gain a some attacks and catatonic trance (yeah it's VERY situational, but could be good for deleting some low leadership units)

You also have 4 units of Noise Marines. 6 gets you the +1 STR and 3 is the min. I would combine the two 5 man squads into one 10 man squad with 2 BMs and move the IoE from the squad with sonicblasters over to this squad. You have splitfire so the two BMs could still target different units if needed. Also, you CC squad should probably have a doom siren on the champ!

I agree that more Raptors would be ideal. 5 is really super bare bones in a points game of this size. I'd definitely strip the cultists down to a bare bones unit and see what you could pump into raptors. If you're only using Helbrutes for tank hunting I'd drop that formation completely and use the points to fluff out more raptors with melta guns. They'll probably attract less attention, be easier to hide in terrain, are more mobile, and potentially just as lethal to armor.

Just some food for thought! I love list building, it's probably even more enjoyable than playing for me!