1250p CSM (Red Corsairs)

The ideal discussion board for all traitors, heretics, and the warp-spawned Daemons.
steam
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

1250p CSM (Red Corsairs)

Post by steam » Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:16 pm

Hi. So this is the list that I used in a 1250p tournament. 1st game I lost to eldar, but not because eldar are OP, because I made very big mistakes. Second game was vs dark angels, I tabled him. And third game was against a very strong or list. That game I lost by 1 point.
But I still think this list need work, I am thinking of droping the chaos lord and maybe reduce the biker squad a little bit? And add 2 mauler fiends to the list?
PLS, dont suggest me adding oblitirators and havocs, because I will not do that.

HQ
Daemon Prince (Nurgle/Black Mace/Wings/Power Armor/LVL3 Psy) 340p

Chaos Lord (Bike/Deamonheart/Sigil of coruption/Lightning Claw/Nurgle) 170

Troops

7 CSM (Plasma) 116
7 CSM (Plasma) 116

Rhino (Havoc Launcher) 47

Fast Attack

7 Bikers (7nurgle/2 Melta/ Power Fist) 237

Heldrake (Baleflamer) 170

Kalidas
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Re: 1250p CSM (Red Corsairs)

Post by Kalidas » Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:26 pm

I agree I dont think you need the lord with a maxed out kitted daemon prince like that.

Also why no trators detachments? You seem to like Nurgle a lot(why else would you have units of 7 CSM ;) ), right now DeathGuard is very good. Of course if you did that you would have to keep the lord and get chaos spawn, just curious is all though

Also I dont think havoc launchers on a rhino are worth it, rhinos just dont last long enough to use them.

steam

Post by steam » Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:53 pm

I dont use traitors because I am keeping with the theme of red corsairs.
Also I dont think havoc launchers on a rhino are worth it, rhinos just dont last long enough to use them.
Disagree. For me, they always work very good. And for what they cost, they are a must.

Kovlovsky
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Post by Kovlovsky » Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:48 pm

Yeah, I think the changes you suggest would be a good idea. 2 big characters rarely pay off in low points games. You need a bit more antitank and the Maulerfiends will do nicely for this. Just make sure to keep the plasma cutters. The Lasher Tendrils just do anything good 90% of the time.

I'm not sure why you won't take Havocs however. They have an excellent price/quality ratio and fit the theme.
steam wrote:
Kalidas wrote:Also I dont think havoc launchers on a rhino are worth it, rhinos just dont last long enough to use them.
Disagree. For me, they always work very good. And for what they cost, they are a must.
I agree, havoc missile launchers are very good for the price you pay. A mere 12 points for Twin-linked S5 AP5, Heavy 1, Small Blast is very good if you have the points for them. It makes your Rhino like a Razorback with 10 transport capacity.

And I congratulate you for keeping with your chosen theme and not jumping in the legion bandwagon. I kept with my Thousand Sons theme for years even if everybody constantly told about how much they suck and in the end, I was rewarded for my tenacity. One should always play the army like they like to and not like the meta tells you to.
Forum's NKVD Cpt. Kovlovsky

40k : 3945 points of Thousand Sons
380 pts of Tzeentch Daemons of Chaos

Thousand Sons WiP : http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 6&t=114889

Fantasy : OnG

Kalidas
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Kalidas » Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:22 pm

Hhmmm maybe you guys just have better luck than me. I have never once had havoc launchers work for me simply becuase the rhinos get blown up like turn 1

Now dont get me wrong I would never tell someone to avoid a thene they love because there is a better meta. I liked the Death Guard before they were good, I just got lucky is all. I agree entirely stick with what you like. I was just curious why is all, but I got the answer and it is a totally acceptable answer

steam

Post by steam » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:47 am

Would this list be better then?

HQ
Daemon Prince (Nurgle/Black Mace/Wings/Power Armor/LVL3 Psy) 340p

Troops

6 CSM (Plasma) 103
6 CSM (Plasma) 103