1500 T-sons tournament list

The ideal discussion board for all traitors, heretics, and the warp-spawned Daemons.
lowny
Now we're getting somewhere...

1500 T-sons tournament list

Post by lowny » Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:37 pm

Hi guys. I need help building a 1500 point list for T-sons. In my last tournament all i played against was drop pod marines (and i mean all 3 rounds were drop pod lists). The only condition is it has to be a CAD.

Kovlovsky
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Re: 1500 T-sons tournament list

Post by Kovlovsky » Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:03 pm

lowny wrote:Hi guys. I need help building a 1500 point list for T-sons. In my last tournament all i played against was drop pod marines (and i mean all 3 rounds were drop pod lists). The only condition is it has to be a CAD.
Honestly, I have very little experience about competitive TS since I've always played for fun and not to bash skulls in a very orky way. Also, the CAD is kind of limitative for TS now that we've got a lot of formations that are very adapted to our needs. My suggestion is to go for a classic early 7th ed force structure: a TS CAD and a daemon allied detachment. That would mean to take one or two psykers as HQ, either an Exalted Sorcerer (for divination) and a sorcerer or a daemon prince and a sorcerer. Then, you take a Rubric squad and a big unit of cultists or Tzaangors. After, that you try to bring as much firepower as you can and a Heldrake. I really like a to take a Chosen squad with 5 meltas and one combi-melta. Havocs (4 ML or 4 Autocannons are great), Obliterators, a Predator Squadron are all great choices for support. A Termicide squad with combi-meltas can be handy too. For your daemons, you take a ML3 Herald of Tzeentch and 1 or two squads of pink horrors. I generally field them at 11 or 20 strong for maximising warp charges. If you have points left, you can add a 6+ unit of Screamers of Tzeentch for adding some speed to your army. This should do reasonnably well. Are formations entirely forbidden in your tournament rules?

Against drop pod armies, your best bet is often to put as many things as possible in reserve and then slaugther the disembarked enemy marines in the open when you come on the board from reserve.
Forum's NKVD Cpt. Kovlovsky

40k : 3945 points of Thousand Sons
380 pts of Tzeentch Daemons of Chaos

Thousand Sons WiP : http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 6&t=114889

Fantasy : OnG

lowny
Now we're getting somewhere...

Re: 1500 T-sons tournament list

Post by lowny » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:47 pm

final rules pack just been posted so its 1600 points and only 25% on super heavys or GMC.

Looking at running a list a little like this. its maelstrom VP
CAD with CAD

HQ
Exalted Sorcerer lvl 3 +Astral Grimoire + spell familiar = 230
Exalted Sorcerer lvl 3 + spell familiar = 200

ELITES
Scarab Terminators + soulreaper cannon = 280

TROOPS
10x Tzaangors = 70
10x Tzaangors = 70

HQ

TROOPS
Rubric Marines = 150
Rubric Marines + Rhino = 185

Total = 1595

My plan is to make a mini Deathstar with the termies and the sorcerers and use the other units for support and objective taking