1850 word bearers

The ideal discussion board for all traitors, heretics, and the warp-spawned Daemons.
Geradox
MiniWarGaming Veteran

1850 word bearers

Post by Geradox » Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:29 pm

Word bearers grand host

Core warband

Lord with cursed crozius, sigil, GoM, plasma pistol

Termi sor ml3 familiers, ichor blood, force axe, MoT, GoM

1 three man termie squad with bolters and power swords

1 raptor squad with Mark of khorne plasma pistol power sword on champ

Hellbrute with powerfist and lascannon

2 5 man squads of csm's to hide and hold objectives

Lord of the legion

daemon Prince of nurgle with with wings and armour maelific time and a familiar ml3

Daemon Prince of nurgle with scripts of erebus, wings armour and a familiar ml3

Aux choice

Heldrake terror pack
2 hell drakes with flamers

I wanted to make a all comers list that's not too strong but isn't weak. Reason for brute is I don't got havocs reason for raptors is no bikes. We won't be playing with new flyer rules. But what y'all think I wanna summon with this list and make the sor a Lord of change and just flood the board
Chaos always, always chaos.

Salamand3rs4Lyfe
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Re: 1850 word bearers

Post by Salamand3rs4Lyfe » Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:23 pm

If your sorcerer is for summoning why go MoT? Without it you can roll all 3 powers on malefic demonology, plus you save 15 points
Armies i collect:
11,115pts csm The Privileged
7,268pts Salamanders
1,200pts gsc Sons of Jormangandr

Geradox
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Geradox » Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:22 pm

I was taking that mainly to improve invuln bit I see your point ty

Geradox
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Geradox » Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:02 pm

Anything you would change if you know you bout to play cheesy tau

Salamand3rs4Lyfe
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Salamand3rs4Lyfe » Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:38 pm

I've never played against normal tau, yet alone cheesy tau so unfortunately I can't help you on that front.
Armies i collect:
11,115pts csm The Privileged
7,268pts Salamanders
1,200pts gsc Sons of Jormangandr

Arnathos
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Arnathos » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:25 am

Against Tau, one of the best things we have access to are Land Raiders with Dirge Casters. It stops their overwatch shenanigans.

The other thing you can do is load up on havocs and other units with weapon ranges of 36+ inches and make sure you deploy your stuff at least 31" away from the Tau.

The most important thing is to take out their markerlights first, then focus on other units.

An allied soul grinder of nurgle can also be effective, behind a ruin it forces the Tau player to spend a lot of marker lights combatting it. And its blast is 36" range.

If you have access to forgeworld there are a bunch of things you could do with a combined arms detachment. Tau love conversion beamer rapiers and with love I mean hate. The Infernal Relic Sicaran can do a number on Tau Transports. A Fire Raptor or Storm eagle with a Dirge Caster and the Screams of Lugganath also ruins their day. Brass Scorpions are all kinds of fun.

Lastly when you are tired of fighting Tau, stuff your whole army in 2-3 Chaos Spartan Assault Tanks with ceremite plating, use sorcerers with Heretech to boost your AV to 15 if you can get the power and bring an Armoured Ceremite Typhon Siege Tank along. Admittedly just the Typhon will already be enough to do some serious damage.
Time will tell... Sooner or later... Time will tell.
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
Word Bearers 10000pts[89% Painted]
WHFB:
Empire 5000pts[95% Painted]

FYI, I'm Dutch, not Finnish, I just live there.