Traitor Legions

The ideal discussion board for all traitors, heretics, and the warp-spawned Daemons.
manape
Now we're getting somewhere...

Traitor Legions

Post by manape » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:52 pm

Can i have a Tzeentch army (ex, War cabal + Auxiliary) and add a CAD or an allied detachment and still get the full benefits? (or if it is even legal)

Kovlovsky
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Re: Traitor Legions

Post by Kovlovsky » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:39 pm

manape wrote:Can i have a Tzeentch army (ex, War cabal + Auxiliary) and add a CAD or an allied detachment and still get the full benefits? (or if it is even legal)
Yes absolutely! The rulebook says that you are allowed to take any number of detachments or formations. The only things to keep in mind are:

- A particular unit can only be part of a single detachment or formation with the exception of detachments that are composed of formations (such as the Thousand Sons Grand Coven). In this later case, the individual units are inevitably part of both their formation and the wider detachment. It's the only exception.

- You need to respect the minimum requirements of every detachments and formations that you take.

- You need to follow ally rules found in the rulebook.

- Your army need to be Battleforged to take detachments.

- The specfic Ally Detachment found in the rulebook cannot be of the same faction than your primary detachment (the one contening your warlord). To the best of my knowledge, it's the only detachment in the game that specify this.

I don't think I forgot anything.

So your examples are perfectly legal.
Forum's NKVD Cpt. Kovlovsky

40k : 3945 points of Thousand Sons
380 pts of Tzeentch Daemons of Chaos

Thousand Sons WiP : http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 6&t=114889

Fantasy : OnG

manape
Now we're getting somewhere...

Post by manape » Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:03 pm

So for example if i have a War Cabal, Ahrimans Exiles and Daemon engines plus a CAD or allies do they get all the same benefits Like Masters of Arcane Knowledge, or do the allies and CAD only get the normal Thousand sons special rules?

Kovlovsky
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Post by Kovlovsky » Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:17 pm

manape wrote:So for example if i have a War Cabal, Ahrimans Exiles and Daemon engines plus a CAD or allies do they get all the same benefits Like Masters of Arcane Knowledge, or do the allies and CAD only get the normal Thousand sons special rules?
No, only the units part of a detachment gets the bonuses from the detachment. Only the units part of a formation get the bonuses from the formation. So, the War Cabal, the Ahriman Exiles and the Daemon Engines would benefit from the Grand Coven bonuses (Masters of the Arcane Knowledge and the warlord trait reroll) while the troop choices inside the CAD or Ally Detachment would get Objective Secured.
Forum's NKVD Cpt. Kovlovsky

40k : 3945 points of Thousand Sons
380 pts of Tzeentch Daemons of Chaos

Thousand Sons WiP : http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 6&t=114889

Fantasy : OnG