Question regarding a modeling idea

The ideal discussion board for all traitors, heretics, and the warp-spawned Daemons.
Kalidas
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Re: Question regarding a modeling idea

Post by Kalidas » Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:29 pm

Kovlovsky wrote:
Kalidas wrote:That sounds so awesome. Maybe an eagles head too? I dont know but sticking the head of some old school egyptian god on a TS lord sounds great. I guess the big issue would be trying to model it as a helmet or a head piece as a mutation wouldnt be fluffy, thanks Ahriman
I do have at least two helmets shaped like bird heads from the same terminator kit. I plan to use one for a terminator sorcerer and the other just for a regular terminator. Also, the new Exalted Sorcerer kit and the art in Wrath of Magnus sports some mutated bird or devilish heads, mutated arms, etc. They seem to have somewhat retconned the Rubric of Ahriman effects and changed it from stopping the mutation to simply slowing them down. I'm a bit divided on how much I like it, but some of the mutated bits look quite cool so, I think it might be interesting in the end. And it adds like an additional fatalistic feeling to the TS that is kind of cool.
Becuse the Thousand Sons arent fatalist enough ;). The more I read about the Thousand Sons legion the more I feel for them. The Imperiums bigotry of psykers(despite the emperor being a psyker himself) hurt them really bad, and when Magnus saw the heresy unfold and try and warn the Emperor what happened? The Emperor threw a tantrum and tried to have them killed.

You and I both need to post pictures of our armies, I also have a story regarding my lord and his legion to finish :D

Kalidas
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Re: Question regarding a modeling idea

Post by Kalidas » Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:53 pm

Progress report!

http://m.imgur.com/a/rbxmx

The heat gun was not as hard as I thought, I moved the front cloak around and lifted the tips of the back chains. But there was a bunch of space inbetween still so I added a saddle which helped but the bottom of the model was entirely hollow(since I removed the parta between the legs)so if you looked at it just right you would see empty nothingness, so I had to model a butt and crotch! Never thought I would EVER have to do that!