Tzeentch Psychic D6+4+1 = 11

The ideal discussion board for all traitors, heretics, and the warp-spawned Daemons.
FreakHehe
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Tzeentch Psychic D6+4+1 = 11

Post by FreakHehe » Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:59 pm

With the Locus of Conjuration (+1 strength of psychic powers) can the strength of the tzeentch psychic powers go to 11? The rulebook says that strength scales 1 to 10, but it does not say that 10 is the maximum. Nor does the Locus of conjuration say that the strength is limited to 10. I could just assume it is common sense that strength would max out at 10, however it does not seem to state it in the rules...
Mostly I would just like somewhere in the rules where I can point to to say that this is not that case.

Marit Lage
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Re: Tzeentch Psychic D6+4+1 = 11

Post by Marit Lage » Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:21 pm

It says 1-10. As in 10 is the maximum and 1 is the minimum.
Chaos Space Marine Tactica (old)
Models painted in 2018:
2 Exalted Champion
Dark Apostle
Abaddon
7 Raptors
2 Chaos Bikers
5 Chaos Terminators
4 Custodians

gorefangz
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by gorefangz » Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:26 pm

it says that no stat can ever excede 10 excep in incredibly rare cases and it is almost entirely the attacks characteristic where the stat itself doesnt go above ten, its just a multitude of adding attacks. to be frank, the answer is no. its tops at 10
All Orks is equal, but some Orks are more equal dan uvvas.

FreakHehe
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by FreakHehe » Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:40 pm

The rules state that a model's strength can not go past 10, however where does it say in the rules that a weapon's strength cannot? I am trying to find where it specifically prohibits a weapon's strength of over 10. Also, under general principles, under modifying dice rolls, it specifically states that dice rolls can be modified much further than 10... (ie. "...such as D6x5 to provide a result between 5 and 30.")
I have searched the rules for a rule denying this, however it only limits the characteristics of models, not weapons.... I wish GW would just make their rules in a more structured language... All my friend has to say is, "where in the rules does it say that?" and I'm stumped...

Marit Lage
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Marit Lage » Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:47 am

The weapon's characteristics are treated like a model's characteristics in all cases. Otherwise, weapons would not function at all.
Chaos Space Marine Tactica (old)
Models painted in 2018:
2 Exalted Champion
Dark Apostle
Abaddon
7 Raptors
2 Chaos Bikers
5 Chaos Terminators
4 Custodians