Maulerfiend magma cutters.

The ideal discussion board for all traitors, heretics, and the warp-spawned Daemons.
LowWattBulb
MiniWarGaming Regular

Maulerfiend magma cutters.

Post by LowWattBulb » Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:10 pm

The magma cutters says it gives you and extra S8 melta attack if he hits with one attack and 2 if he hits with all of his attacks. He has 2. Does this mean he gets 2 cutter attacks with one hit and 4 with all other attacks :?:

Thief of Dreams
MiniWarGaming Regular

Re: Maulerfiend magma cutters.

Post by Thief of Dreams » Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:19 pm

Yes

edit:
well 4 all together if his standard 2 attacks hit, so first attack hits, he gets a magma cutter attack, second standard attack hits and he gets his second magma cutter attack.

LowWattBulb
MiniWarGaming Regular

Post by LowWattBulb » Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:24 pm

What if he's reduced to one attack? So if he hits 1 time only one, 2 he gets 2 and all 3 he gets four?

Thief of Dreams
MiniWarGaming Regular

Post by Thief of Dreams » Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:42 pm

if he is reduced to 1 attack then if it hits he would only get the 1st magma cutter attack, as he is unable to attack and hit a second time to get his second magma cutter attack. AFAIK magma cutter hits do not proc additional magma cutter hits, only the attacks in his profile.

LowWattBulb
MiniWarGaming Regular

Post by LowWattBulb » Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:48 pm

Really should have spelled this out in the codex lol. So I need 4 attacks tog get all 4 cutter attacks? Basically I need to charge with no damage.

Marit Lage
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Marit Lage » Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:51 pm

LowWattBulb wrote:Really should have spelled this out in the codex lol. So I need 4 attacks tog get all 4 cutter attacks? Basically I need to charge with no damage.
You either get one for hitting once, or two for hitting with all of its attacks, whether or not it charged. You never get four.
Chaos Space Marine Tactica (old)
Models painted in 2018:
2 Exalted Champion
Dark Apostle
Abaddon
7 Raptors
2 Chaos Bikers
5 Chaos Terminators
4 Custodians

LowWattBulb
MiniWarGaming Regular

Post by LowWattBulb » Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:53 pm

In the cutter profile it says if you get one hit you also get a magma cutter attack, but if you hit with all your attacks you get 2. The problem I was having was he has 2 magma cutters on him.

obsidiankatana
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by obsidiankatana » Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:18 pm

If a Maulerfind hits with at least one Attack in the Fight sub-phase, it may make an additional Attack with oneof its magma cutters against one of the models it hit. If it hit with all of its Attacks, it instead makes two additional Attacks with its magma cutters against one of the models it hit.
Hit with one attack, on extra attack. Hit with all, two extra attacks.
They are my bulwark against the Terror. They are the Defenders of Humanity. They are my Space Marines, and they shall know no fear.

LowWattBulb
MiniWarGaming Regular

Post by LowWattBulb » Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:25 pm

Even if he has 2. If that's the case why both putting 2 one him?

obsidiankatana
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by obsidiankatana » Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:52 pm

He has two by default. You're not putting them there, they already exist.
They are my bulwark against the Terror. They are the Defenders of Humanity. They are my Space Marines, and they shall know no fear.

LowWattBulb
MiniWarGaming Regular

Post by LowWattBulb » Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:17 pm

Then if I put whips on him he reduces attacks on base by 2? Pretty much it seems I'm being told he get one cutter per hit but the rules them selfs phrase it differently but one cutter attack if you get one hit. He has 2 so he should get 2 on the first hit. And it says if he hits with all his attacks the cuter then does 2 instead of one. Shouldn't this mean he gets for based on its wording?

obsidiankatana
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by obsidiankatana » Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:33 pm

I quoted the entry for you. Do I have to do it again?
If a Maulerfind hits with at least one Attack in the Fight sub-phase, it may make an additional Attack with one of its magma cutters against one of the models it hit.
That's part one. For one attack made, the Maulerfiend makes one additional attack with one Magma Cutter. Just one. So if you land one attack, you get one more at the describe profile.
If it hit with all of its Attacks, it instead makes two additional Attacks with its magma cutters against one of the models it hit.
Part two. If you hit with all of your attacks, that being three, or four on the charge, you get two total more attacks at the described profile. So three becomes five, or four becomes six.

LowWattBulb
MiniWarGaming Regular

Post by LowWattBulb » Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:40 pm

Can mag as be destroyed or technicaly not a weapon?

BunkhouseBuster
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Post by BunkhouseBuster » Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:40 pm

The Maulerfiend has two attacks base, plus two Power Fists. The first Power Fist changes how he hits in combat (double strength, AP2), the second gives him an extra attack. He will roll at least 3 dice in close combat so long as he does not lose one of his Power Fists. These attacks will be made with the Power Fists (S10, AP2). See page 84 of the 40K 6th edition rulebook for more information.

Magma Cutters do not have Melee under their weapon profile, therefore are not regular attacks. You do not roll for these until the other attacks are completed, one way or the other. Magma Cutters are a bonus that have a prerequisite to attacking. They are NOT regular attacks to be confused with his base profile stats.

{
IF the Maulerfiend HITS with AT LEAST ONE of his attacks, he gets ONE Magma Cutter attacks;

ELSE IF the Maulerfiend HITS WITH ALL of his attacks, he gets TWO Magma Cutter attacks.

ELSE IF the Maulerfiend MISSES WITH ALL of his attacks, he gets NO Magma Cutter attacks.
}

A Maulerfiend can NEVER make more than TWO Magma Cutter attacks in a single Assault Phase.

Please note that the Magma Cutters AUTOMATICALLY hit the target and function like Melta Bombs.
My Wargaming Collections
Space Wolves and Space Marines
Lizardmen
Astra Militarum
Khador

LowWattBulb
MiniWarGaming Regular

Post by LowWattBulb » Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:48 pm

That would make him an amazing tank hunter with power fist, melta attacks and moving 12 in