Assault on Black Reach Conversion

Talk about all the armies of the Imperium here, from the mighty Space Marines to the innumerable Astra Militarum.
Locked
User avatar
Loco9443
MiniWarGaming Regular
Posts: 85
Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:45 pm
Location: England, UK
Contact:

Assault on Black Reach Conversion

Post by Loco9443 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:13 am

Im trying to convert the Space Marines in Assault on Black Reach into Black Templars. The Task for in Ultra Marines is 585 points but I can only work out 504 points in Black Templars. What am I missing? :(
Please Check out and enjoy my Youtube Channel and Work in Progress from the Links below.

Youtube Channel

Work in Progress

Painting Pledges complete = 2

User avatar
Korsarro-Khan
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Posts: 1508
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:17 pm
Location: Minehead or Plymouth, UK

Re: Assault on Black Reach Conversion

Post by Korsarro-Khan » Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:55 am

black templars have a different codex, therefore some different point costs, so some black templar stuff may be cheaper than vanilla codex

User avatar
Loco9443
MiniWarGaming Regular
Posts: 85
Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:45 pm
Location: England, UK
Contact:

Re: Assault on Black Reach Conversion

Post by Loco9443 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:18 am

Yeah I noticed that the Captain is about 35 points more than the BT's Castellan. Has anyone got a exact conversion online?
Please Check out and enjoy my Youtube Channel and Work in Progress from the Links below.

Youtube Channel

Work in Progress

Painting Pledges complete = 2

User avatar
Bjorn
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Posts: 3021
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:51 pm
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges
Location: Carlisle.

Re: Assault on Black Reach Conversion

Post by Bjorn » Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:28 am

Loco9443 wrote:Yeah I noticed that the Captain is about 35 points more than the BT's Castellan. Has anyone got a exact conversion online?
Not legally no. Buy the Codex.
Gott mit uns

User avatar
Loco9443
MiniWarGaming Regular
Posts: 85
Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:45 pm
Location: England, UK
Contact:

Re: Assault on Black Reach Conversion

Post by Loco9443 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:23 pm

commando_jim wrote:
Loco9443 wrote:Yeah I noticed that the Captain is about 35 points more than the BT's Castellan. Has anyone got a exact conversion online?
Not legally no. Buy the Codex.
I have the BT codex.
Please Check out and enjoy my Youtube Channel and Work in Progress from the Links below.

Youtube Channel

Work in Progress

Painting Pledges complete = 2

User avatar
Bjorn
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Posts: 3021
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:51 pm
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges
Location: Carlisle.

Re: Assault on Black Reach Conversion

Post by Bjorn » Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:41 pm

Then why do you need to know? Black Templars and normal Space Marines have different Codexes for a reason, separate points, upgrades etc.


You don't actually need to know.
Gott mit uns

Tavenknaughtlin
MiniWarGaming Regular
Posts: 96
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:02 am

Re: Assault on Black Reach Conversion

Post by Tavenknaughtlin » Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:57 pm

What Commando_Jim said. There isn't a conversion between codexes because they are completely separate armies. That would be like trying to convert Orks to Grey Knights point-per-point; just doesn't work.

User avatar
Loco9443
MiniWarGaming Regular
Posts: 85
Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:45 pm
Location: England, UK
Contact:

Re: Assault on Black Reach Conversion

Post by Loco9443 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:16 am

Im sorry I think you guys arnt understanding what Im on about but I don't know how to explain any better than I have already :S
Please Check out and enjoy my Youtube Channel and Work in Progress from the Links below.

Youtube Channel

Work in Progress

Painting Pledges complete = 2

User avatar
Bjorn
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Posts: 3021
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:51 pm
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges
Location: Carlisle.

Re: Assault on Black Reach Conversion

Post by Bjorn » Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:52 am

Are you trying to make them Into Black Templars? Because with the Loadout of the Marines in the Black Templars Codex, it comes out to

Marshall with Boltgun and Power sword.-96 points
- Sword Brethren Terminators Command squad. (You can't have a Sergeant in normal Terminator squads as a BT player) Sergeant with Power sword.- 215 points.

Elites: Dreadnought with Close combat weapon and Multimelta-105 points

Troops: (Amusing you want a legal list.)

Five initiates,3 Boltguns One with Flamer, One with Chainsword and bolt pistol- 86 points

Five Initiates,Four Boltguns One with Missile launcher.- 90 points.


Not a very good list Imo, and it's a total of 592 with the wargear that I have listed, which is what is on them.
Gott mit uns

User avatar
Loco9443
MiniWarGaming Regular
Posts: 85
Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:45 pm
Location: England, UK
Contact:

Re: Assault on Black Reach Conversion

Post by Loco9443 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:32 pm

commando_jim wrote:Are you trying to make them Into Black Templars? Because with the Loadout of the Marines in the Black Templars Codex, it comes out to

Marshall with Boltgun and Power sword.-96 points
- Sword Brethren Terminators Command squad. (You can't have a Sergeant in normal Terminator squads as a BT player) Sergeant with Power sword.- 215 points.

Elites: Dreadnought with Close combat weapon and Multimelta-105 points

Troops: (Amusing you want a legal list.)

Five initiates,3 Boltguns One with Flamer, One with Chainsword and bolt pistol- 86 points

Five Initiates,Four Boltguns One with Missile launcher.- 90 points.


Not a very good list Imo, and it's a total of 592 with the wargear that I have listed, which is what is on them.
Thank you this is what I was looking for :D
Please Check out and enjoy my Youtube Channel and Work in Progress from the Links below.

Youtube Channel

Work in Progress

Painting Pledges complete = 2

User avatar
Bjorn
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Posts: 3021
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:51 pm
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges
Location: Carlisle.

Re: Assault on Black Reach Conversion

Post by Bjorn » Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:48 pm

No problem, although I highly advise against it, it's not a good list at all.
Gott mit uns

MFletch
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Posts: 3168
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:22 pm

Re: Assault on Black Reach Conversion

Post by MFletch » Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:14 pm

At least it is legal. No other codex can do that with those models. DA and wolves come close enough.

User avatar
Loco9443
MiniWarGaming Regular
Posts: 85
Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:45 pm
Location: England, UK
Contact:

Re: Assault on Black Reach Conversion

Post by Loco9443 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:00 am

commando_jim wrote:No problem, although I highly advise against it, it's not a good list at all.
Dw I am adding other things to it lol
Please Check out and enjoy my Youtube Channel and Work in Progress from the Links below.

Youtube Channel

Work in Progress

Painting Pledges complete = 2

Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest