Dreadnaught CCW

Talk about all the armies of the Imperium here, from the mighty Space Marines to the innumerable Astra Militarum.
Raide
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Dreadnaught CCW

Post by Raide » Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:42 am

It says somewhere in the rul book (i think) that Dread's CCW are treated as powerfists?

does that mean i attack last, my strengh doubles up also?

would this apply to a librarian's CCW too?

Or did i just sniffed something? (I dont have my rulebook with me now)

Asrodrig
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Re: Dreadnaught CCW

Post by Asrodrig » Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:49 am

Raide wrote:It says somewhere in the rul book (i think) that Dread's CCW are treated as powerfists?

Yes. Page 73 of the Rulebook.

You mean the Blood Angel's Librarian Dreadnought thingy? I can't say for sure, since I don't have the Blood Angel's Codex, but I imagine it works more like a Force Weapon of a normal Librarian (page 50 of the Rulebook). Unless there's a special rule in which it states otherwise.

Tavenknaughtlin
MiniWarGaming Regular

Post by Tavenknaughtlin » Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:13 am

Raide wrote:It says somewhere in the rul book (i think) that Dread's CCW are treated as powerfists?

Close, they are treated as powerWEAPONS

Strength is doubled, but you attack at your normal initiative.

Yes, which gives Libby Dreads the choice to use their str 10 power weapon, or str 6 Force weapon

Nah, this comes up every now and then. My brother was mortified when he found out my Furioso Dread attacks at the same init as his space wolves, lol.

Raide
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Raide » Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:40 am

Tavenknaughtlin wrote:

Close, they are treated as powerWEAPONS

Strength is doubled, but you attack at your normal initiative.

Yes, which gives Libby Dreads the choice to use their str 10 power weapon, or str 6 Force weapon

Nah, this comes up every now and then. My brother was mortified when he found out my Furioso Dread attacks at the same init as his space wolves, lol.

but then that would mean the strengh becomes 12?, normal dread strengh is 6

Zeruel13
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Post by Zeruel13 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:50 am

No stat can ever exceed 10, you get cut off there.

Raide
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Raide » Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:57 am

Zeruel13 wrote:No stat can ever exceed 10, you get cut off there.
I need to re read my rule book.....thanks for the help guys!

MFletch
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...

Post by MFletch » Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:51 am

Raide wrote: Nah, this comes up every now and then. My brother was mortified when he found out my Furioso Dread attacks at the same init as his space wolves, lol.
It gets even better when every 6th game you get red thirst and you get the assault.

Though no idea which weapon can kill a dread at I4 anyway? a single meltabomb will miss, kraks from everyone else will do nothing, mark of the of the wolf has a chance but very slim.

kaliastro
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Post by kaliastro » Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:46 am

MFletch wrote:
Raide wrote: Nah, this comes up every now and then. My brother was mortified when he found out my Furioso Dread attacks at the same init as his space wolves, lol.
It gets even better when every 6th game you get red thirst and you get the assault.

Though no idea which weapon can kill a dread at I4 anyway? a single meltabomb will miss, kraks from everyone else will do nothing, mark of the of the wolf has a chance but very slim.
Maybe a relic blade with furious charge, Mephiston could mess it up, but he is not I4 (he is much higher, lol) A rend from Shrike could glance it at I4, Orikan the diviner (necrons) could pen it in his "empowered" form at I4. Furious charge wraiths (necrons) can pen it with str7 rending (though they would be at I3, BUT their whipcoils would make you I1 which ends up better than I4 anyway. If they had a D-Lord with them He could easily pen it under the same circumstances. A GK Dreadknight with greatsword pens it easily at I4, etc..... when you start to think about it, there is tons of stuff that can hurt a furioso at either simultaneous I4 combat or by going before the dread. Its not commonplace, but there are certainly things that a furioso is not immune too.
Rules for playing massive tabletop battles with Star wars miniatures!
http://starwarstabletopbattles.webs.com/

MFletch

Post by MFletch » Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:25 am

I meant in the space wolves codex. I guess it was: "no, my dread hits I4", proceeds to wipe out the entire unit(blood talons :) ) before the powerfist even gets to swing. Yes, that is a bit painful :)

Raide
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Raide » Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:00 am

of course,a furioso dreadnaughts with blood talons is mortal.

I would advise against engaging a furioso with infantry except with some exceptions

The ones listed above, and I would add full assault terminator squad with thunderhammers, that might actually incapacitate it.

Tavenknaughtlin
MiniWarGaming Regular

Post by Tavenknaughtlin » Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:46 am

MFletch wrote:It gets even better when every 6th game you get red thirst and you get the assault.
Those games are amazing :D . Almost makes me want to take Astorath for the 50% Red Thirst chance. But then why hope for 1 in 6 games when I can bring a Sang Priest :D.
MFletch wrote:Though no idea which weapon can kill a dread at I4 anyway? a single meltabomb will miss, kraks from everyone else will do nothing, mark of the of the wolf has a chance but very slim.
Unfortunately Space Wolves have just that kind of weapon in their codex. They have the Wolftooth Necklace that allows anyone to hit on a 3+ in CC. This can include Meltabombs. Thankfully only the HQs can have both Meltabombs and a Wolftooth Necklace, so I try and avoid charging into unit with HQs attached., just in case.
kaliastro wrote: Maybe a relic blade with furious charge, Mephiston could mess it up, but he is not I4 (he is much higher, lol) A rend from Shrike could glance it at I4, Orikan the diviner (necrons) could pen it in his "empowered" form at I4. Furious charge wraiths (necrons) can pen it with str7 rending (though they would be at I3, BUT their whipcoils would make you I1 which ends up better than I4 anyway. If they had a D-Lord with them He could easily pen it under the same circumstances. A GK Dreadknight with greatsword pens it easily at I4, etc..... when you start to think about it, there is tons of stuff that can hurt a furioso at either simultaneous I4 combat or by going before the dread. Its not commonplace, but there are certainly things that a furioso is not immune too.
Don't forget that with all those Sanguinary Priests running around, as is normal for BA, those Furies will have Furious Charge as well. Got to be I5 or higher in order not to be ravaged by them if you let them get their charge. Meph can definitely take them down, but then if you're playing BA, you simply send your meph after his :D.
Raide wrote:The ones listed above, and I would add full assault terminator squad with thunderhammers, that might actually incapacitate it.
They certainly have a shot, got to hope for those 3+ saves.

Corpsey

Post by Corpsey » Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:04 am

Attacks can go past 10
The Rule Monkey is always right. Always.

Zeruel13
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Post by Zeruel13 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:54 pm

Corpsey wrote:
Attacks can go past 10
Only through bonus attacks though, attacks on the base profile will never exceed 10.