Custodes/IG Mix

Talk about all the armies of the Imperium here, from the mighty Space Marines to the innumerable Astra Militarum.
mrazek22
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Custodes/IG Mix

Post by mrazek22 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:06 am

Has anyone tried to soup Custodes with IG infantry? I feel like it has but I haven't seen any competitive lists. IG tanks and Custodes, yes. IG Infantry and Custodes, no. I searched, and all I found was Shield captains on bikes with venerable DKs, and an armored IG battalion with Pask.

Any advice?

Salamand3rs4Lyfe
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Re: Custodes/IG Mix

Post by Salamand3rs4Lyfe » Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:25 am

With the new faq restricting army lists to one specific faction keyword per detachment seems to have killed soup lists from what i have personally seen
Armies i collect:
11,115pts csm The Privileged
7,268pts Salamanders
1,200pts gsc Sons of Jormangandr

mrazek22
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by mrazek22 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:33 am

Right, so a battalion det of Custodes, and a Battalion Det of IG. It's not hard to do either. As a matter of fact, I could likely do 2 bn dets of IG. All I would need is four Company commanders, and 6 squads of Guardsmen. Like, 500 points. Then the 15 hundred points of a Custodes BN, I would be swimming in CP with a pretty effective blocking force.

Marit Lage
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Marit Lage » Tue May 01, 2018 1:12 am

With that many bodies and 13 command points, do you even need a battalion's worth of regular Custodian Guard? Seems to me you'd want a vanguard detachment with multiple Vexilla.
Chaos Space Marine Tactica (old)
Models painted in 2018:
2 Exalted Champion
Dark Apostle
Abaddon
7 Raptors
2 Chaos Bikers
5 Chaos Terminators
4 Custodians

Aclys
Silver Vault Member

Post by Aclys » Fri May 25, 2018 3:07 am

Bullgryns with slab shields and mauls paired with the vexilia defensor get a 2+/3++ and only cost 42 points a bull, plus you can stuff them in cheap transports for express delivery and beam the vexilia in as a custode terminator. (Or just have him run his golden self up alongside the apcs).