New Player Blood Angels List 2,000 pts

Talk about all the armies of the Imperium here, from the mighty Space Marines to the innumerable Astra Militarum.
davemurray38
Bronze Vault Member

New Player Blood Angels List 2,000 pts

Post by davemurray38 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:44 pm

Hey all,

I'm just getting back into 40k after a 15 year+ absence! The guys here at MiniWarGaming.com are a huge part of what convinced me to take it up again, so thanks guys!

Last month I got myself the Dark Imperium Starter Set and since then I've added the Start Collecting Blood Angels set and the Death Company Strike Force box set. I'm planning to work towards the list below, but would appreciate any feedback before I go and purchase the rest of the models.

2,000 pts (Battalion & Vanguard for 7 command pts)

Battalion

HQ
1 x Captain in Terminator Armour with Storm Bolter & Thunder Hammer
1 x Primaris Lieutenant with Master Crafted Autobolt Rifle

Troops
3 x 5 Man Tactical Squads all Sergeant's with bolter and all Heavy Weapons Las Cannons

Heavy Support
1 x Baal Predator with Twin Assault Cannon, Two Heavy Bolters, Storm Bolter and Hunter Killer Missile
1 x Predator with Twin Lascannon, Two Lascannons, Storm Bolter and Hunter Killer Missile

Transport
1 x Razorback with Twin Lascannon, Storm Bolter and Hunter Killer Missile

Vanguard

HQ
1 x Chaplain with Jump Pack, Inferno Pistol and Crozius Arcanum
1 x Sanguinary Priest with Jump Pack, Inferno Pistol and Chainsword

Elites
1 x 15 Man Death Company Squad all with Jump Packs, 3 with Thunder Hammers and 12 with Bolt Pistol & Chainsword
1 x Death Company Dreadnought with a pair of Furioso Fists, Meltagun & Storm Bolter
1 x Redemptor Dreadnought with 2 Fragstorm Grenade Launchers, Heavy Flamer, Heavy Onslaught Gatling Cannon and Redemptor Fist

I might switch one of the dreadnoughts for a unit of Sanguinary Guard but I'm not sure yet. The plan is that the Dreadnoughts would join the units in the Battalion on the field at the start of the game with the Redemptor forming part of the gun line, and the Death Company one advancing up the field toward the enemy. The Chaplain, Sanguinary Priest and 15 man Death Company unit will deep strike and assault. The Captain and Lieutenant will buff the gun line units with re-rolls and provide close combat assistance along with the Redemptor Dreadnought.

Any thoughts?

Trillex
Now we're getting somewhere...

Re: New Player Blood Angels List 2,000 pts

Post by Trillex » Wed May 30, 2018 8:42 pm

First off welcome back to the grim-dark (Don t let chaos say we don't have cookies because we do) . Did you plan on having your tactical squads on foot? Or did you plan on getting them into say a rhino or razorback to move up the board. Having more bodies on the field is a better idea,BUT having that extra armor never hurt anyone's feelings. Also did you have a plan for flyers?

Koonitz
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges

Re: New Player Blood Angels List 2,000 pts

Post by Koonitz » Wed May 30, 2018 8:44 pm

Trillex wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 8:42 pm
First off welcome back to the grim-dark (Don t let chaos say we don't have cookies because we do) . Did you plan on having your tactical squads on foot? Or did you plan on getting them into say a rhino or razorback to move up the board. Having more bodies on the field is a better idea,BUT having that extra armor never hurt anyone's feelings. Also did you have a plan for flyers?
Just as a quick note, this post was made in January, several months ago. Make sure not to necro old threads, per the rules of the forum.
Armies:
40k: Knights Cynosure Iron Hands successor chapter, House Terryn Questor Imperialis, Thousand Sons/Tzeentch Daemons
30k: Thousand Sons
Age of Sigmar: Sylvaneth, Disciples of Tzeentch