New Player Blood Angels List 2,000 pts

Talk about all the armies of the Imperium here, from the mighty Space Marines to the innumerable Astra Militarum.
Silver Vault Member

New Player Blood Angels List 2,000 pts

Post by davemurray38 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:44 pm

Hey all,

I'm just getting back into 40k after a 15 year+ absence! The guys here at are a huge part of what convinced me to take it up again, so thanks guys!

Last month I got myself the Dark Imperium Starter Set and since then I've added the Start Collecting Blood Angels set and the Death Company Strike Force box set. I'm planning to work towards the list below, but would appreciate any feedback before I go and purchase the rest of the models.

2,000 pts (Battalion & Vanguard for 7 command pts)

1 x Captain in Terminator Armour with Storm Bolter & Thunder Hammer
1 x Primaris Lieutenant with Master Crafted Autobolt Rifle

3 x 5 Man Tactical Squads all Sergeant's with bolter and all Heavy Weapons Las Cannons

Heavy Support
1 x Baal Predator with Twin Assault Cannon, Two Heavy Bolters, Storm Bolter and Hunter Killer Missile
1 x Predator with Twin Lascannon, Two Lascannons, Storm Bolter and Hunter Killer Missile

1 x Razorback with Twin Lascannon, Storm Bolter and Hunter Killer Missile

1 x Chaplain with Jump Pack, Inferno Pistol and Crozius Arcanum
1 x Sanguinary Priest with Jump Pack, Inferno Pistol and Chainsword

1 x 15 Man Death Company Squad all with Jump Packs, 3 with Thunder Hammers and 12 with Bolt Pistol & Chainsword
1 x Death Company Dreadnought with a pair of Furioso Fists, Meltagun & Storm Bolter
1 x Redemptor Dreadnought with 2 Fragstorm Grenade Launchers, Heavy Flamer, Heavy Onslaught Gatling Cannon and Redemptor Fist

I might switch one of the dreadnoughts for a unit of Sanguinary Guard but I'm not sure yet. The plan is that the Dreadnoughts would join the units in the Battalion on the field at the start of the game with the Redemptor forming part of the gun line, and the Death Company one advancing up the field toward the enemy. The Chaplain, Sanguinary Priest and 15 man Death Company unit will deep strike and assault. The Captain and Lieutenant will buff the gun line units with re-rolls and provide close combat assistance along with the Redemptor Dreadnought.

Any thoughts?

Return to “Imperium”