Death company power axes

Talk about all the armies of the Imperium here, from the mighty Space Marines to the innumerable Astra Militarum.
Tellierken
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Death company power axes

Post by Tellierken » Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:28 am

Hi.

I got myself the deayh company strike force box with 15 death company marines.
I would liketo give 12 of em the power axe but there were none in the box. I could not find em on the games workshop store(i'm from Belgium) could somebody tell me where i can get them?

Kind regards Andy Tellier

Arnathos
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Re: Death company power axes

Post by Arnathos » Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:58 am

Power axes for the imperium are only found in the vanguard veteran box, black templars upgrade sprue and held by honour guard as well as various character models. So bitz sites would be your best bet!
Time will tell... Sooner or later... Time will tell.
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
Word Bearers 10000pts[89% Painted]
WHFB:
Empire 5000pts[95% Painted]

FYI, I'm Dutch, not Finnish, I just live there.

Driedguide42
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Driedguide42 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:00 am

looked on forge world and you can get Ten resin Chain Axes

https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/Chain-Axes -link here

You could basically use them as count-as power axes.

Otherwise you have to go third party or buy a lot of vangaurd boxed as GW doesn't make it easy to get weapons that aren't fists or swords.

Hope this helps
Iron Wardens - By the will of the Gorgon
"Make war and move on, and again, and again, until nothing breathes which stands against us. All else is sophistry and pretty lies"
- Ferrus Manus, Primarch of the Xth Legion Iron Hands.

Kovlovsky
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Post by Kovlovsky » Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:14 am

Driedguide42 wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:00 am
Otherwise you have to go third party or buy a lot of vangaurd boxed as GW doesn't make it easy to get weapons that aren't fists or swords.
Don't buy a ton of boxes for just getting some bits. Go on Ebay and find a good bit seller. You will save a lot of money if you do. If you live in the US or Canada, Bits World is my favorite bits seller. They are very professional, have good prices and ship very quickly and without troubles. They've got an excellent customer support too. Here is a link to their Ebay store page (they also have their own website): http://stores.ebay.com/Bits-World?_trks ... 7675.l2563

However, keep away from Hoard O'Bits like a plague. The guy has an horrible customer support and if there is any issue with your order and you insist that he refunds you or send replacements, he will just black list you and stop answering your messages and you will have to open a Paypal dispute.
Forum's NKVD Cpt. Kovlovsky

40k : 3945 points of Thousand Sons
380 pts of Tzeentch Daemons of Chaos

Thousand Sons WiP : http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 6&t=114889

Fantasy : OnG

Tellierken
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by Tellierken » Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:31 am

Thanks everyone.
I had a look at the forgeworld bits and they look good.
I might order thos.

blippityblip
MiniWarGaming Veteran
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entry

Post by blippityblip » Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:16 pm

There's a few axes on the honour guard sprue I believe, if your collecting blood angels then you could pick up a few boxes
power levels
Iron hands 1384pl
Ynnari 88pl
Admech 162pl
Imperial guard 326pl
Chaos 128pl
Space wolves 110pl
Tyranids ?

And a small dwarf army

blippityblip
MiniWarGaming Veteran
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entry

Post by blippityblip » Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:12 am

blippityblip wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:16 pm
There's a few axes on the honour guard sprue I believe, if your collecting blood angels then you could pick up a few boxes
Just realised my mistake when I saw your other thread, honour guard is the old name for the box, back when they were metal, the one I'm referring to is the sanguinary guard (or whatever it's called) that box has a few axes in it, also if you know anyone that collects dwarves for AoS/fantasy then they should have a ton of axe heads you can use with a little conversion work
power levels
Iron hands 1384pl
Ynnari 88pl
Admech 162pl
Imperial guard 326pl
Chaos 128pl
Space wolves 110pl
Tyranids ?

And a small dwarf army