alternative female model for use an inquisitor?

Talk about all the armies of the Imperium here, from the mighty Space Marines to the innumerable Astra Militarum.
Litanyoffury
MiniWarGaming Veteran

alternative female model for use an inquisitor?

Post by Litanyoffury » Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:10 pm

Hi all

I was thinking I would like to add an inquisitor and a retinue to my sm list for fluff reasons however I don't like any of the current inquisitor models as they are looking a bit dated now, greyfax is cool but too iconic to look like what I want. So my question is does anybody have any suggestions for alternate female inquisitor models?
It's grim? It's dark? Sounds like my thing .....

Litanyoffury
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Re: alternative female model for use an inquisitor?

Post by Litanyoffury » Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:35 am

Thanks kroll I'll be sure to have a look at some of there models and I love your ordo malleus inquisitor.

MetalNids
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by MetalNids » Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:14 pm

Not sure of your location globally, but some of the Wargame Exclusive models could fit your need. Look in the Heresy Hunters and the Sisters section specifically, but all sections are awesome.

https://wargameexclusive.com/

I ordered a couple of the Necroborg models for a fellow gamer as part of a secret santa, and he loved the models. Top notch stuff. It took about 2 and half weeks to reach me in the US when i ordered.
I play the following Warhammer 40K armies:
Bugs
CSM
Harlequins
Cult Mechanicus
Chaos Demons

Signet-Powers
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Post by Signet-Powers » Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:59 am

As has already been mentioned, Reaper bones is pretty good and very cheap. I got this one of them a short while back and i'm still finishing the conversions and paint on it. It's not an inquisitor, but as you can see it matches the size of 40k miniatures pretty well. not sure if the same can be said for repaers miniatures outside of bones though...
[+] Expand

and mine:

Dark Age has a couple of pretty cool Tim Burton gothic style models for a possible Inquisitor as well for an inquisitorial retinue:
[+] Expand

Also a female inquitor and two male death cult assassins? (you can easily just just paint over the exposed skin and slap a shoulder pad on to make it look like they're wearing more layers.)

I also recommend the pulp section of statuesque miniatures if you're interested in a design a bit less gothic and more... well pulpy. they also sell female heads so you can always just convert a model from elsewhere to female if you can't find a model you like (make sure to pick the right scale head).
[+] Expand
While Raging Heroes has a few pretty good models swimming in a sea of... well, let's say "exposed assets", the models are way too big for 40K scale, towering over space marines. The wargaming exclusive models are gorgeous if not for the chests, but you culd easily stick an inquisitorial seal or book or something over them to hide it.

Litanyoffury
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Litanyoffury » Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:18 pm

Awesome I love those pulpy looking ones in particular thanks for the info :)