Sisters of Battle - Starting Anew

Talk about all the armies of the Imperium here, from the mighty Space Marines to the innumerable Astra Militarum.
jbeil
Silver Vault Member

Sisters of Battle - Starting Anew

Post by jbeil » Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:29 pm

I've just got back into Sisters (The objectively Best Army[TM]), and I'm wondering what people have found works for them. At the moment I've got two full squads of ten, with enough flamers and storm bolters to have at least one per squad, plus some other storms left over, with a Canoness and a Mistress, simply because the model is cute.

Hideously expensive metal notwithstanding, where do people suggest I go with it? I'd like to run a pure Sororitas list, with maybe female Ministorum priests if they're worth it, which would give me an excuse to buy MORE Mistresses or the Lady Inquisitors. Is there anything particularly exciting in the new book?

Also, what colours go well with gold armour plate? Uh...asking for a friend?

abf36
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Re: Sisters of Battle - Starting Anew

Post by abf36 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:21 pm

Right now probably isn't the best time to buy too many of their models as there is a small chance that we could see new stuff in the coming months. My optimism is more than likely misplaced but oh well. I'm not expecting a full new release for them or even a new shiny standalone book. However, the Imperial Agents book which will soon be landing doesn't seem to contain the Canoness Veridyan rules, so I would wait until her rules are released before putting any serious money into the models.
AM 8K -¦- AS 4K -¦- GK 4K -¦- IH 10K -¦- DW 2K -¦- BT 2K5 -¦- OA 570 -¦- LC 1K5

Htedomsa
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by Htedomsa » Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:39 pm

I could use these tips too, so far I have a... cannoness ;)
~Htedomsa~
[/color][/b]
"If your good at anticipating the human mind, it leaves nothing to chance."

abf36
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Post by abf36 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:54 am

Since my last post we've also seen the upcoming Celestine and Gemini models. They could very well be written into the Fall of Cadia book which is coming soon, so not long to wait.
AM 8K -¦- AS 4K -¦- GK 4K -¦- IH 10K -¦- DW 2K -¦- BT 2K5 -¦- OA 570 -¦- LC 1K5