Devedor's Soon to be Vostroyans

Talk about all the armies of the Imperium here, from the mighty Space Marines to the innumerable Astra Militarum.
Devedor
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Devedor's Soon to be Vostroyans

Post by Devedor » Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:27 am

Long time to chat guys! It's been a heck of a year or so. After my long(ish) break from 40k I'm back!

I have a pipe dream army, and that is Death Korps of Krieg! Unfortunately I don't have any black market connections, and thusly, selling a kidney is not an option. I have a decent discount at my LGS, so I'm planning a Vostroyan Firstborn Army!

So my LGS is planning on doing an escalation campaign, and I've got a few lists I'll be working on over the next couple months. The armies are as follows:

Necron Wraith Cult
Mechanicum
Eldar allied Dark Eldar
My Vostroyan w/ allied inquisitors
and possibly some Orks, depending if the S/O will join in, and if money permits

We're running a few game sizes throughout being: 750, 1k, 1500, 2000, 2500, and one big 3k per person apoc game.

Restrictions are bound lists only, so we don't get silly lists, if we can find any more local players.

So with out further ado, here's the 2500 pt list and 500 list! I'll be adding the other lists as I fine tune the bits and pieces from the 2500.

2500 list:

HQ:

Company Command Squad 100
Master of Ordnance
Officer of the fleet

Troops:

Infantry Platoon 210
Platoon Command Squad
Infantry Squad x3
Autocannon

Infantry Platoon 210
Platoon Command Squad
Infantry Squad x3
Autocannon

Elietes:

Ratlings (10) 100

Fast Attack:

Devil Dog Squadron (2) 270

Armored Sentinal Squadron (2) 100
Lascannons

Lascannons

Heavy Support:

Leman Russ Battle Tank Squadron (2) 300

Hydra Battery (2) 140

Wyvern Battery (3) 195

Lords of War:

Hellhammer 640
Sponson pair x2

Allies:

ordo hereticus inquisitor 64
3x servo-skulls
mastery lvl 1

ordo hereticus inquisitor 64
3x servo-skulls
mastery lvl 1

Next the 500 pt list:

Company Command Squad 100
Master of Ordnance
Officer of the fleet

Infantry Platoon 190
Platoon Command Squad
Infantry squad (2)
Autocannon

Infantry Platoon 190
Platoon Command Squad
Infantry squad (2)
Autocannon

Ratlings (4) 40

Lascannons

Wyvern Battery 65

Wyvern Battery 65

As of right now I have a command squad and an infantry squad ordered and in the mail, so the rest of the list is subject to change. My 1 stipulation is that I keep a baneblade variant in the list.
Never knows best

My Plog! http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 30&t=74994

Epic Duck Mike: Tausept Ochre and Iyanden Darksun are like cheatcodes for Yellow.
Up Up Down Down Left Right Left Right B A Start Select Tausept Ochre

Devedor
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Re: Devedor's Soon to be Vostroyans

Post by Devedor » Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:00 am

It's a massive blast, and yes it ignores cover. I like it because the only saves against it will be invulnerable saves. Plus it has 7 tl heavy bolters, lascannons, the aforementioned cannon, and has a vindicator stapled to it.
Never knows best

Epic Duck Mike: Tausept Ochre and Iyanden Darksun are like cheatcodes for Yellow.

Arnathos
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Arnathos » Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:28 am

Lord-Terrycus wrote:Ignores cover isn't as important as Damage for me though.
If Ignores cover seems redudant to you, you are not playing with enough terrain on your table!

My personal favorite is the Stormsword, which in my experience is the most overpowered baneblade variant. I like the hellhammer as well, and would prefer it over the baneblade due to the better AP and ignores cover, although it does sacrifice some range.

My suggestion would be to magnetize the guns so you can switch between Baneblade and Hellhammer, in case you ever want to run a Steel Fury baneblade company.

Back on topic:
As for your lists, they could use a couple of priests or commissars to keep the platoons in line, in case you want to blob up. Either that or go for a Ordo Xenos inquisitor with his rage-inducing Rad and Psychotroke Grenades, which work wonders for platoons.

I also prefer Plasma cannons on my armoured Sentinels, because anything that relies on Ballistic skill tends to be unreliable. But lascannons are always fun.
Time will tell... Sooner or later... Time will tell.
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
Word Bearers 10000pts[89% Painted]
WHFB:
Empire 5000pts[95% Painted]

FYI, I'm Dutch, not Finnish, I just live there.

Devedor
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Devedor » Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:33 am

Good idea on the magnetized guns! I'll keep that in mind for when i spring for the model.

I went with the Ordo Hereticus Inquisitor because I wanted that -1 to reserves power (cant remember what it's called) which (I think) stacks with the OotF's -1.

I did originally want to go with the plasma, but my friend (who's running the Eldar/deldar) talked me into the las cannons because "statistically I'll be wrecking something like 2 ish sentinels with gets hot"

I would love to run 3 plasma Russes, and plasma sentinels for a fluffy list, but with my dice rolls, it's not a good idea.
Never knows best

Arnathos
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Arnathos » Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:50 am

Statistically a single armoured sentinel should take 0.5 hullpoints of damage in a 6 turn game. Sure it doesn't always work out that way, but lascannons have a 50% chance to do nothing each turn.
Granted Plasma cannons aren't too accurate either, but I found them to be decent. You could always magnetize and see which suits you best, magnetize the autocannon and missile launcher while you are at it!

Also, you could use a company commander to get the -1 reserves power from the strategic traits and have a chance to get crazy OP other powers as well, or just take 2 CCS's with 2 OotF :D
Time will tell... Sooner or later... Time will tell.
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
Word Bearers 10000pts[89% Painted]
WHFB:
Empire 5000pts[95% Painted]

FYI, I'm Dutch, not Finnish, I just live there.

Devedor
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Devedor » Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:24 am

I'll have to give em a try then!

I was planning to use the autocannons for my infantry, seeing as gw doesn't make a vostroyan autocannon model anymore.
Never knows best