Blessed banner and allies.

Talk about all the armies of the Imperium here, from the mighty Space Marines to the innumerable Astra Militarum.
Arnathos
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Blessed banner and allies.

Post by Arnathos » Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:46 am

While reading through the Adepta sororitas book I noticed the Blessed banner on the command squad. Re-rolls for morale and such are pretty ok, but then I saw the +1 A for all friendly models within 12". Now I love using big blobs of guardsmen to do my combat for me, 40-50 dudes with power axe sergeants, and suddenly that 40 points for the banner seems like a pretty good deal, with re-rolls for morale to boot!

I was thinking of the following:

Cannoness
Rosarius
Book of St. Lou(pseudo-ATSKNF guardsmen? Yes please!)
Inferno pistol(because badass!)

Command Squad
3 Meltaguns
Sacred Banner
Sister Hospitalier(purely because the model is amazing looking)

Immolator with either melta's or flamers.

For troops probably just a basic 10ish squad of sisters, possibly in a rhino, then either Rets or an Excorcist as HS, depending on my mood.

I know this might not be uber cheese, but I am loving this concept! It will be around 360ish point minimum, not too bad. What do you guys/gals think?
Time will tell... Sooner or later... Time will tell.
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
Word Bearers 10000pts[89% Painted]
WHFB:
Empire 5000pts[95% Painted]

FYI, I'm Dutch, not Finnish, I just live there.

abf36
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Re: Blessed banner and allies.

Post by abf36 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:16 pm

If you're going to walk this path I suggest you make space for at least one Priest with Litanies of Faith - to give your unit Zealot and re-roll to Wound.
AM 8K -¦- AS 4K -¦- GK 4K -¦- IH 10K -¦- DW 2K -¦- BT 2K5 -¦- OA 570 -¦- LC 1K5

phatonic
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by phatonic » Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:55 pm

Old news! Been using priests along with my Black templars, reroll 2 + armor save for my Honour guard and terminators <3 <3. Sisters buff space marines allot with these cheap priests ^^
BE THERE KILLIN' BE THERE TEEF, BE THERE DAKKA BE THERE TEEF, BE THERE 'UMMIES? NO TEEF I TELL YEH! BAD FER BUISNEZH!

Arnathos
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Arnathos » Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:43 am

Well, priests will be there anyway, but I guess litanies of faith would be amazing, autopassing battle hymms makes priests a lot more reliable. Kinda bummed out the canoness is temporarily unavailable in yurp, which might mess up my plans quite a bit.
Time will tell... Sooner or later... Time will tell.
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
Word Bearers 10000pts[89% Painted]
WHFB:
Empire 5000pts[95% Painted]

FYI, I'm Dutch, not Finnish, I just live there.