Militarium Tempestus Formations

Talk about all the armies of the Imperium here, from the mighty Space Marines to the innumerable Astra Militarum.
general-metcalf
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Re: Militarium Tempestus Formations

Post by general-metcalf » Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:10 am

I just cant wait to use that order on a wraithknight with them....hitting on 3s wounding on 4s with an ap3 weapon goodbye wraithknight hahaha

IGfanatic
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Mods, please no more ribbons for me. They break!

Post by IGfanatic » Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:29 am

Deepstrike and move through cover. Extra lethality.

Though I can't be the only one thinking that the order names are incredibly stupid. XD
Iggy's are proud and noble creatures.

The Jank Collective Youtube channel.

Captain-Shawn
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Captain-Shawn » Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:56 pm

That is an amazing Army men toy model, the fact it's proportionate and everything is so beautiful for use as a Taroux too!

But ye, since they get the Sniper special rule they will wound on 4s, rend on 6s. And you get to Rapid fire since, well, Rapid Fire. The name of the orders from what I've been spoiled sound nothing like orders but more like you're putting in cheat codes to buff up your guys. And with the effects they give, it pretty much is!
"Why did the Necromancer kill everyone in the tavern? He wanted to raise the bar!"

IGfanatic
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Mods, please no more ribbons for me. They break!

Post by IGfanatic » Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:16 pm

It reminds me of the second level in CoD Black Ops. While you're escaping the prison.

STEP 1, SECURE THE KEYS.

Except, DIRECTED FIRESTORM! SANCTIONED!
Iggy's are proud and noble creatures.

The Jank Collective Youtube channel.

general-metcalf
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by general-metcalf » Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:51 pm

yeah sniper rule makes you wound anything on 4s but you are only able to fire a single shot with this order and cannot assault in that turn but I think its still worth its weight in gold to take out a wraithknight!

The Airman
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Post by The Airman » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:53 am

Ronin wrote:Got a chance to try them out and I'm really loving the Taurox Prime! I was skeptical at first with it being 11/10/10, but that thing has so much firepower and it's long ranged too. Been kitting it out with the standard cannon and autocannons since they're both the same range and complement each other well at having the same strength and AP. On top of that it just glides over terrain effortlessly since it's able to reroll dangerous terrain checks. If you treat it like a land speeder with typhoon missile launchers, you'll be ok. Filled with a squad of storm troopers, it acts as a great deterrent unit to protect vulnerable targets like artillery pieces.
What would your opinion on armored fist Taurox spam be? I'm thinking IFs with an LC and PG/Sniper each.
Clearly Superior.

'Airman, a winner is you. :wink: '-commando_jim
'I <3 you Airman!'-dreadlord
'I <3 you aman!'-Ronin
'I agree with Airman 100%'-Ashran

general-metcalf
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by general-metcalf » Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:59 pm

I think they'll work well for those who want to use the storm troopers as they light as well make them troops by allying in the militarium tempestus