Rumour round up.

Talk about all the armies of the Imperium here, from the mighty Space Marines to the innumerable Astra Militarum.
Arnathos
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Re: Rumour round up.

Post by Arnathos » Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:12 pm

Seems Al'Rahem, Bastonne, Chenkov and marbo all went away, leaving us with Creed, Kell, Yarrick, Pask, Nork Deddog, Straken and Harker. At least I think that's all of them.
Time will tell... Sooner or later... Time will tell.
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
Word Bearers 10000pts[89% Painted]
WHFB:
Empire 5000pts[95% Painted]

FYI, I'm Dutch, not Finnish, I just live there.

The Airman
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Post by The Airman » Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:55 pm

If the Spanish codex leaks are correct, then Hydras also are open topped and do not have interceptor but are priced at 70 points each. Definitely not going to be on my list; for the price of two I could have a quad gun and an aegis defence line.

Also, Valks are 140 pts and Vendettas are 170 pts. Have fun, air cav. You've been nerfed hard.
Clearly Superior.

'Airman, a winner is you. :wink: '-commando_jim
'I <3 you Airman!'-dreadlord
'I <3 you aman!'-Ronin
'I agree with Airman 100%'-Ashran

IGfanatic
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Mods, please no more ribbons for me. They break!

Post by IGfanatic » Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:51 pm

140 for a valk is quite rediculous. Sure its a flyer but it has 2 missiles and a multi-laser really. Nothing to write home about.
Iggy's are proud and noble creatures.

The Jank Collective Youtube channel.

The Airman

Post by The Airman » Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:47 pm

Ronin wrote:Not sure I agree with the Valkyrie points increase, but the Vendetta was bound to happen. That thing was way too powerful for what it could do and I actually agree with the lowered transport capacity. Now it pushes players to actually use the valkyrie as a transport while the vendetta serves more as a dedicated gunship platform.
A minor price bump for both would be okay, but I think they went overboard like the Chimeras. If they gutted the Hydras and raised the price of Valks/Vends, then how to Guard players anti-air? I'm becoming more and more convinced the GW codex staff do not actually play the game.
IGfanatic wrote:140 for a valk is quite rediculous. Sure its a flyer but it has 2 missiles and a multi-laser really. Nothing to write home about.
There's also some nonsense about both having to purchase rockets/missiles and lascannons on top of their bloated costs. Air cav lists took a big hit probably just because they want us to but their Taurox models @ 40 pts a pop. Yeah, no thanks.

On the flip side, we could see the vanilla Russ @ ~120 pts. This makes sense because GW completely threw out the Lumbering Behemoth rule with 6th ed. However, you can drop Pask into a Punisher to get a bunch of shots @ BS 4 with rending. Not bad, but I'll still spam Wyverns because it's cheaper than Pask + Punisher.

Word is Harker and Straken may not be in the codex. These removed units might be rounded up into dataslates later on, but this is quickly becoming ridiculous. Tabletop DLC is cancer.
Clearly Superior.

'I <3 you aman!'-Ronin

The Airman

Post by The Airman » Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:32 pm

Ronin wrote:Well, I suppose you could always run the inquisition codex if you want a cheap air cavalry army and then ally with guard for tanks and artillery.
Also Inq Chimeras are cheap and easy to take.
Clearly Superior.

'I <3 you aman!'-Ronin

Arnathos
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Arnathos » Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:42 am

Also, the new priests, zealot for 25 points? Plus a bunch of other stuff. If only GW had a included an option for warrior weapons, guard would be a close combat powerhouse.
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
WHFB:

The Airman

Post by The Airman » Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:29 am

I think 50 man conscript blobs with a priest that gives Hatred and Shred will be brutal if you tar pit MEQs or just use FRFSRF on them, ESPECIALLY in rapid fire range. This is a game changer, but an expensive and time-consuming one. Who wants to push around 51+ models for a single squad, let alone purchase and paint them?

Regardless, I'm beginning conversions for my Baal Predators -- they are now going to be Leman Ruses. If the rumor of 120 pt MBTs are true, then I'm stocking up.
Clearly Superior.

'I <3 you aman!'-Ronin

Arnathos

Post by Arnathos » Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:15 pm

Takes me an average of about 10 hours or so to paint up 30-40 guardsmen, some washes and edge highlights plus a little freehand, looks good enough on the table top.

That and I have a fetish for taking at least 10 models per squad, per turn off the board.
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
WHFB:

IGfanatic

Post by IGfanatic » Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:56 pm

New cadian/catachan "battleforce". $200 CAD/ $165 USD and you get 2 infantry squads, command squad, heavy weapon squad, chimera, and leman russ battle tank.

New ogryn kit. $56 CAD/ $47 USD Gives the option for regular ogryns, bullgryns, and/or Nord Deddog. 3 models in the kit.

Plastic commissar. $25 CAD/$22 USD Bolt pistol or plasma pistol with a power sword.

Hammer of Cadia. $395 CAD/ $330 USD Comes with 3 leman russ's, 3 hellhounds, one hellhammer super heavy.

Bullgryns are an elite choice with a varying stat line (will compare to guard dex when im home). Elite choice costing 145 for 3 models and can include 7 more for just 5 points less than your standard squad per model.

They have essentially a S4 grenade launcher with a 12" range and a slabshield. Every model in base contact with a model in the same unit with a slabshield gets a +1 to their save and every unit (friend or foe) partially concealed by the firers view because of a slabshield gets a +1 cover save.

For 15 more points you replace its gear for a power maul and brute shield. Essentially a 5++ and reroll to wounds when resolving hammer of wrath. Yes, bullgryns have hammer of wrath.

Will compare stat line in WD to our 5th ed dex when im home.

Captain-Shawn
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Captain-Shawn » Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:06 pm

That is quiet the hefty point cost for those 'Bullgryns', though a 4+ cover for everyone behind them is very nice, particularly for tanks. Still an Aegis is cheaper and can't be killed, will need to see how quality their armor is before really placing any stock in them. No point in taking Bullgryns if they're not survivable enough to take the inevitable pounding.
Vendetta's price is fair, if that's accounting for all 3 twin-linked lascannons. If not, that's way too much. Compared to other fliers, the Vendetta's in their price range (even cheaper than a Stormraven) and putting out the kind of firepower that will be terminal for any flier. Valkyrie, can't see much of a use for it. Way too expensive for such little firepower.
If the Hydra still has the 'ignore all jink' then I'm still going to field a duo. Also, the Hydra's effectiveness against Skimmers will be handy, as almost every Xeno has Skimmer transports. This is granted it retains the 'ignore jink' ability, which it most likely has.

Sergeant Harker actually went up in the world, or so it would seem. He's in the HQ section on GW now rather than troop. Would be really bizarre for the codex to incorporate a picture of Harker in it, but have him unplayable. Now the fact that Straken isn't included in the preview pages concerns me, but they seem to want to keep diversity. IG's mention of a Catachan makes me a lot less worried too.
"Why did the Necromancer kill everyone in the tavern? He wanted to raise the bar!"

IGfanatic

Post by IGfanatic » Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:33 pm

Bullgryns are T5 W3 4+ SV

Captain-Shawn
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Captain-Shawn » Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:22 pm

Okay, that's pretty good. I had fears that because they get +1 to armor saves when next to each other, they were going to be stuck with 5+ armor or something silly like that. Though this brings up a question, does the AP of weapon go against the modified or base Armor of the Bullgryn? I'd assume the modified, but still it is rather unique of a rule.
"Why did the Necromancer kill everyone in the tavern? He wanted to raise the bar!"

IGfanatic

Post by IGfanatic » Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:48 pm

Modified is my guess.