Imperial Fists Senntinels of Terra 500pts

Talk about all the armies of the Imperium here, from the mighty Space Marines to the innumerable Astra Militarum.
BewareOfTom
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Completed a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Re: Imperial Fists Senntinels of Terra 500pts

Post by BewareOfTom » Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:44 pm

missle launchers
I have half a mind to kill you, and the other half agrees

"(Lebianism) is rather inefficient... there appear to be interface problems"
- Engelbart Kappa

Kidnapping? I call it surprise adoption!

Thrasius
MiniWarGaming Regular

Post by Thrasius » Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:48 pm

Missile launchers dude (frag against hoards, krak against armour) and using fists chapter tactics they get tank hunter, you can also upgrade them latter if the need arises to skyfire at a cost of 10pts per launcher (so you keep your BS4), so they are quite versatile fella.

BewareOfTom
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Completed a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by BewareOfTom » Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:53 pm

eh, I dont think he'll see many fliers at 500pts, if so they wont be that powerful
I have half a mind to kill you, and the other half agrees

"(Lebianism) is rather inefficient... there appear to be interface problems"
- Engelbart Kappa

Kidnapping? I call it surprise adoption!

drsergen
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by drsergen » Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:54 pm

i was including a missile launcher in each squad. . . i dont have the resources for a whole squad of devestators with missile launchers.
twitter: @drsergenpaintin instagram: drsergenpainting facebook: Drsergenpainting

Thrasius
MiniWarGaming Regular

Post by Thrasius » Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:55 pm

I think you maybe right man but I guessing this wont be the only game he will play!! hence the break down.

Thrasius
MiniWarGaming Regular

Post by Thrasius » Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:00 pm

Anyhow dude good look with the game, let me know how you did, ok.

drsergen
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by drsergen » Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:05 pm

yeah for sure ill prob post o n this thread if i remember.
twitter: @drsergenpaintin instagram: drsergenpainting facebook: Drsergenpainting

jbrown1214
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by jbrown1214 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:07 am

Sorry if I'm coming into this too late for it to matter. Depends on how fluffy you want to get, but why not throw in a heavy bolter in the tactical squads? Rerolling 1s is pretty sweet with the chapter tactics. Also concur on the devastators; again, I'd take advantage of chapter tactics here as well, but Centurions are too expensive. At this point level I'd also consider dropping the plasma pistol on your captain; at this point level I'm not sure SMs have enough hitting power to push forward hard, or get into a lot of challenges.

I also like the scouts with camo cloaks and sniper rifles, if for nothing else to harrass your opponent and maybe get lucky with a precision shot and/or rending. Plus, they get a crazy-good cover save if they go to ground in area terrain, or can push for linebreaker at the end.

Alternatively, you can go defensive and get a cheap Master of the Forge (90-ish points, I think) and buff up a piece of area terrain for one of your squads. You give up some of the initiative, but I'm not certain your rhinos will last long anyways (and you only have one too boot). You could firebase-up with one squad and the devastators, and send the other around the flank, for example, with scouts as harrassers.

Good luck, Son of Dorn!

Jason
New! I have a YouTube channel!

Warriors of Chaos: 4,500-ish points (95% painted)
Chaos Dwarves: 3,000-ish points (85% painted)
Bretonnia: 3,000-ish points (25% painted)
Imperial Fists: 1,500-ish points (40% painted)

Updated 1/7/2014! - WIP here

drsergen

Post by drsergen » Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:10 am

i sat with my codex last night and i think the points and stuff in the app i was using and the 6th edition codex are different . . because when i went through wrote the list and stuff my points cost was way different. do you have to add point for the one ranged weapon and 1 melee weapon on a squad sergeant ? i wanna show you the re written list with points but i know i cant.

drsergen

Post by drsergen » Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:14 am

jbrown1214
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by jbrown1214 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:26 am

Not exactly sure what you're referring to (and unfortunately my own codex is on-loan). Here's my suggestion, because I think the spreadsheet lacks some hitting power:

-- Captain at the points cost you listed (your call on the captain's/sergeants' loadouts)
-- I'd keep the squad with the plasma gun and missile launcher as your "defensive" unit that sits inside terrain and go without the rhino...your heavy weapon can't fire while they're inside it, nor can it the turn you get out so its firepower is largely wasted until turn 3.
-- I'd just go with two troops choices, and go with either the five-man sniper squad (but with camo cloaks) OR the tactical squad in the rhino. Either/both could be your mid/deep presence. Otherwise, you don't have much to target his Annihilation Barge.
-- Dropping one or the other either gets you (or gets you very close to) a Thunderfire cannon, which could be awesome at this points level when it comes to killing troops. If you don't have the model, I'd recommend finding something else with some real punch, like devastators.

Jason

Marit Lage
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Marit Lage » Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:10 am

Missile launchers can fire just fine out of a Rhino. Two fire points and all.
Chaos Space Marine Tactica (old)
Models painted in 2018:
2 Exalted Champion
Dark Apostle
Abaddon
7 Raptors
2 Chaos Bikers
5 Chaos Terminators
4 Custodians

jbrown1214

Post by jbrown1214 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:33 am

Marit Lage wrote:Missile launchers can fire just fine out of a Rhino. Two fire points and all.
Is there a penalty for moving, or am I thinking Warhammer Fantasy? Only 6"?

Thrasius
MiniWarGaming Regular

Post by Thrasius » Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:55 am

Thunderfire cannon's are the business , buy one fella!, I played a 500 pt game not so long ago against Nids and it gave me first blood kept nids moving slow in a couple of rounds and then wiped out another Nid squad late on more than paid for itself, and you get to bolster defences which you could put your sniper scouts in with camo cloaks (big cover save then!) and you get a free tech marine all for 100pts!!!!!!, if you have time check mine on my blog link below.

Marit Lage
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Marit Lage » Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:05 am

jbrown1214 wrote:
Marit Lage wrote:Missile launchers can fire just fine out of a Rhino. Two fire points and all.
Is there a penalty for moving, or am I thinking Warhammer Fantasy? Only 6"?
Snap fire if they move, no penalty otherwise. Personally, I like Rhinos to avoid plasma and battle cannons. Granted, I play Chaos Marines, but the same standards apply here. Plasma cannons to the face hurt.
Chaos Space Marine Tactica (old)
Models painted in 2018:
2 Exalted Champion
Dark Apostle
Abaddon
7 Raptors
2 Chaos Bikers
5 Chaos Terminators
4 Custodians