GB 61 - Dragon's Teeth - Completed

This month's theme: Barricades!
IG_Guardsman
MiniWarGaming Veteran
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges

GB 61 - Dragon's Teeth - Completed

Post by IG_Guardsman » Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:42 am

I've been playing World of Tanks recently and there is a map that came to my mind when this build was announced - Siegfried Line and most particularly the dragon's teeth tank traps around the city. I've tried to pass them with different tanks and got stuck every time ( got myself killed twice ) Damn effective. Some of the details had to bechanged or the thing was going to take up to half of the table. The space between the teeth is enough for a regular soldier to pass or stand and provide cover.

Here is a gate too - wide enough to fit a leman russ with sponsons.

C&C are welcome!
Last edited by IG_Guardsman on Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

respect92
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entries

Re: GB 61 - Dragon's Teeth

Post by respect92 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 1:20 pm

Looks like a good build this far :)
Which direction does the tank come from?
Tallest first or shortest first?
Please nerf damage of GW-prized minis.
Best regards the Wallet

IG_Guardsman
MiniWarGaming Veteran
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges

Post by IG_Guardsman » Sat Feb 07, 2015 2:37 pm

respect92 - the tank was just for scale. If it's like in the picture, then it will be from the defending side :) There are some details to add to the gate, but that is still to come.

Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Epic Duck Mike » Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:15 am

Looks awesome, keep it up :D
Professional Warhammer and Miniature Painting - visit Epic Duck Studios!
I'm NOT currently accepting Commissions. Sorry!
Follow @_EpicDuck on Twitter.

Great artists don't paint because they're inspired; they're inspired because they paint.

Vault
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Post by Vault » Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:35 am

completely different from the "dragons teeth" i have in the works. :) So that makes me happy.
Get thee to a shrimpery!
Tau - 1849 points
Space Marines - 2333 points
Necrons - 3185 points
Tyranids - 3339 points
Orks - 1300 points
Lizardmen - 938 points

IG_Guardsman
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by IG_Guardsman » Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:48 am

Here is some old progress, just didn't find the time to put them - some texture between the "concrete" lines.

And some tracks and tires marks in the "mud". I slapped an undercoat on the whole piece, but can't get the right earthy/mud colour yet... and ideas? I'm working with basic acrylic set of 12 paints and some basic oil washes... First it was too dark, now it's kind of orangish light brown. Will work on it some more this weekend, and hopefully it will be done in a couple of days.

IG_Guardsman
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Re: GB 61 - Dragon's Teeth - Completed

Post by IG_Guardsman » Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:33 am

Here it is! After a week of trying different browns and greys, that's the finished product. I hope you like it guys! C&C are welcome :)

Ximmons
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Ximmons » Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:42 am

Very cool. I think the logs are a nice touch and the mud looks great.

Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Epic Duck Mike » Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:02 am

IG_Guardsman wrote:Image

Alternatively, you've made an awesome paint brush rack ;)
Professional Warhammer and Miniature Painting - visit Epic Duck Studios!
I'm NOT currently accepting Commissions. Sorry!
Follow @_EpicDuck on Twitter.

Great artists don't paint because they're inspired; they're inspired because they paint.

IG_Guardsman
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by IG_Guardsman » Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:52 am

Never crossed my mind, but it's not such a bad idea for the time when it's not in gaming use ;)

Return to “Group Build 61”