TheArmorOfContempt - Weekly painting

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
TheArmorOfContempt
Silver Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges

TheArmorOfContempt - Weekly painting

Post by TheArmorOfContempt » Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:32 pm

So, this is my first forum foray since getting into 40K over a year. It has been a hobby I've always wanted to get into and while I had a failed attempt back in third edition, I've been a fan of the setting ever since.

I chose Ultramarines as my army and after a year of learning the ropes I feel my skull with a brush has finally reached a point where I'd like to show off my work

That being said this week I just finished five Suzerain invictii.

Magnetized the head so he can act as a Champion.

Imperia
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Re: TheArmorOfContempt - Weekly painting

Post by Imperia » Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:47 pm

Wow, he is really cool, are you gonna be using 30k legion rules in 40k? Or are they gonna be used as vanguard vets/command squad?

He is a really awesome model, lovely work, and welcome back!

Guildenstern
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Guildenstern » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:11 pm

that is absolutely amazing, beautiful work! details are lovely and very clean - great job!
Dez: "PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!"
Guildy's WIP thread (mostly Skaven)
Guildy's weeklypaint thread! (everything mostly not Skaven!)

Kovlovsky
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Post by Kovlovsky » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:45 pm

It's an amazing work! You've put a lot of blood and tears in it and it paid off. Your painting is very crisp and I'm a big fan of the inscriptions on the axe. Your hand is very accurate with a brush. I'm looking foward for your next project.
Forum's NKVD Cpt. Kovlovsky

40k : 3945 points of Thousand Sons
380 pts of Tzeentch Daemons of Chaos

Thousand Sons WiP : http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 6&t=114889

Fantasy : OnG

TheArmorOfContempt
Silver Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges

Post by TheArmorOfContempt » Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:01 pm

Thanks for the kind words. He and his pals will be Honor Guard in 40k, the axes have been magnetized so I can swap power weapons.

I did 5 more about 4 months ago and while I like them I made the mistake of going to heavy on gold. All the portions that are painted green on this guy were done in gold and they just look to bland. This was all prompted with my desire to replace my first Honor Guard who just don't measure up to my current painting level.

Lady_Soria
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Post by Lady_Soria » Sat Jan 16, 2016 6:54 am

That looks amazing! Il
Everybody wrestles with an inner beast. Mine just has fangs and claws. - Raven Skylander.

Wanna reading my writings? http://lady-soria24.livejournal.com/ ( WARNING some swearing in some stories.)

Nappen
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Sun Jan 17, 2016 12:56 pm

Looks great!

Munin
Bronze Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting Pledges

Post by Munin » Sun Jan 17, 2016 4:09 pm

Goon spotted! 'sup, Uroboros?!

TheArmorOfContempt
Silver Vault Member

Post by TheArmorOfContempt » Sun Jan 17, 2016 6:39 pm

Munin wrote:Goon spotted! 'sup, Uroboros?!
You got me. I've had this MiniWargaming account I figure I might as well use it.

Also, getting attention for my effort motivates me to keep painting since all my local friends have given up on their armies.

Munin
Bronze Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting Pledges

Post by Munin » Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:12 am

Just ribbin' ya. I totally get it. I post pics in a bunch of fora simply because you get more varied feedback that way, which ultimately makes you a better painter.

TheArmorOfContempt
Silver Vault Member

Post by TheArmorOfContempt » Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:09 pm

Ultramarine Chaplain

Kovlovsky

Post by Kovlovsky » Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:11 pm

It looks absolutely glorious. I like how you painted the skull. It's quite detailled and the red eye lences are nice.
Forum's NKVD Cpt. Kovlovsky

40k : 3945 points of Thousand Sons
380 pts of Tzeentch Daemons of Chaos

Thousand Sons WiP : http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 6&t=114889

Fantasy : OnG

Guildenstern
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Guildenstern » Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:31 am

Very very nice! metals are impressive especially but I love the black armor too
Dez: "PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!"
Guildy's WIP thread (mostly Skaven)
Guildy's weeklypaint thread! (everything mostly not Skaven!)