Viking 21 attempt at theweeklypaint

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Guildenstern
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Re: Viking 21 attempt at theweeklypaint

Post by Guildenstern » Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:18 am

sweeet!! I LOVE the glottkin model, he looks like soooo much fun to paint!

Really sorry to hear about your dog man that sucks :( thank god my dogs are clueless about that sort of thing, we just have to worry about Scrappy Destroyer of Armies taking off with something. Although, of late his Royal PITA-ness simple decides to laze about on unattended armies, more knocking them over than actively stealing and hiding soldiers like he used to when he was younger.

Anyway, errr maybe you could Greenstuff some more spikes in place? =/ he's looking good even with the battle damage
Dez: "PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!"
Guildy's WIP thread (mostly Skaven)
Guildy's weeklypaint thread! (everything mostly not Skaven!)

Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:28 am

I think the glotkin was in The End Times: fall of altdorf. It is the third or fourth. I am nearing the end of the last one. The have all been good reads. I do recommend them. Don't know what other books the big G may be in.

TheArmorOfContempt
Silver Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges

Post by TheArmorOfContempt » Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:10 am

They are coming well enough. Based on your initial pics it's clear you got to skill to make stuff stand out if you invest the time. Personally when I did the 15 cultists from the assassin board game I didn't do anything beyond what they did in the warhammerTV tutorial. They're rabble troops and going the extra mile for them is such a time investment. On your Tyranid pics from months ago, some grey highlights would do them wonders if you got the time.

Kovlovsky
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Post by Kovlovsky » Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:22 am

It looks very good. I'm still a big fan of your yellow and black scheme.
Forum's NKVD Cpt. Kovlovsky

40k : 3945 points of Thousand Sons
380 pts of Tzeentch Daemons of Chaos

Thousand Sons WiP : http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 6&t=114889

Fantasy : OnG