THE RETURN OF OCEANGRAVE

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Oceangrave0
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Re: THE RETURN OF OCEANGRAVE

Post by Oceangrave0 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:21 pm

Kovlovsky wrote:I think the AoS rules tell that bases don't matter. You can keep your old bases and you will have the option to play both 8th ed Fantasy and AoS if you want.
I feel the square bases will make playing it harder though, but idk, I dont play much anymore anyways so it might be fine to keep it this way cuz i like it better.

I have been working as of late on finishing the last unit from my Emperor's Children for sale, and that would be my Command Squad with a lot of conversion work to make it semi-chaotic to use in both armies.

Also found an old Ultramarine captain that I will probably sell for a few bucks. I want to continue painting warmachine models but since they are mine, and they are warmachine models, I tend to spend sooooooooo much time on them to make sure they are perfect that it is burning me out faster... thinking I might work on some 40k nonsense or maybe pick up more mantic skeletons to make my undead army even weirder.
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!
Your local chaotically infused servitor
"I'm starting to wonder if Ocean is in fact a plague marine." - Soria

Oceangrave0
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Oceangrave0 » Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:59 pm

Currently still just selling stuff I have previously finished, going to work on my daemonettes though for my own army, try to find a way to paint them quickly (like I do my bloodletters) without losing detail quality... drybrushing is probably going to be my friend.

After that I think I am going to paint some of my limited edition models and either sell them or keep them for display... idk if I'm that bad on cash to sell yet... we shall see.
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!

Oceangrave0

Post by Oceangrave0 » Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:22 pm

Opinions?
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!

Kovlovsky
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Post by Kovlovsky » Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:22 pm

Oh, I love that scheme. The light purple and blue go well together.
Forum's NKVD Cpt. Kovlovsky

40k : 3945 points of Thousand Sons
380 pts of Tzeentch Daemons of Chaos

Thousand Sons WiP : http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 6&t=114889

Fantasy : OnG

Lady_Soria
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Post by Lady_Soria » Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:17 am

She looks stunning, but she needs something to break up the menotony (?) Of the colour. The colour looks really good but it needs something to make it pop you know? I know its a wip, but just my 2 crowns.
Everybody wrestles with an inner beast. Mine just has fangs and claws. - Raven Skylander.

Wanna reading my writings? http://lady-soria24.livejournal.com/ ( WARNING some swearing in some stories.)

Oceangrave0

Post by Oceangrave0 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:19 pm

Lady_Soria wrote:She looks stunning, but she needs something to break up the menotony (?) Of the colour. The colour looks really good but it needs something to make it pop you know? I know its a wip, but just my 2 crowns.

Hm, I hear what you are saying, I used gold on the banner to give it some more flair but it doesnt break much up. I was trying to use the blue to give some contrast but I do get it is still somewhat muted overall. Might brighten up the blue some more to pop, i'll do that on a more accessible mini to test it.
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!

Oceangrave0

Post by Oceangrave0 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:34 pm

This is the banner girl all finished, I tried the brighter blue on a different model and felt instead of brightening the model it created a "whitewashed" look, dulling the overall look.
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!

Guildenstern
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Guildenstern » Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:49 pm

Oohh that is gorgeous ocean! what about a little bit of gold on her shirt trim? I dunno what it's supposed to be but even if you just did it like it was trimmed in gold maybe? I dunno, just a thought
Dez: "PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!"
Guildy's WIP thread (mostly Skaven)
Guildy's weeklypaint thread! (everything mostly not Skaven!)

Oceangrave0

Post by Oceangrave0 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:24 pm

Guildenstern wrote:Oohh that is gorgeous ocean! what about a little bit of gold on her shirt trim? I dunno what it's supposed to be but even if you just did it like it was trimmed in gold maybe? I dunno, just a thought
If I put gold on this model it'll have to be the thigh band, I'll try it out on a different command model, right now I'm just trying to get good with the people and silver techniques
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!

Nappen
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:33 am

skin looks great. Need to do some more tutorials.

Lady_Soria
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Post by Lady_Soria » Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:47 am

Looks much better now! Awesome!
Everybody wrestles with an inner beast. Mine just has fangs and claws. - Raven Skylander.

Wanna reading my writings? http://lady-soria24.livejournal.com/ ( WARNING some swearing in some stories.)

Kovlovsky

Post by Kovlovsky » Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:25 pm

I really like your colour scheme. It's beautiful.
Forum's NKVD Cpt. Kovlovsky

40k : 3945 points of Thousand Sons
380 pts of Tzeentch Daemons of Chaos

Thousand Sons WiP : http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 6&t=114889

Fantasy : OnG

Oceangrave0

Post by Oceangrave0 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:43 pm

Last 2 before I gotta prime anything, I am enjoying this scheme but I believe I will probably sell these to get another box of daemonettes fresh to make the minis and the scheme better.
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!