THE RETURN OF OCEANGRAVE

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Oceangrave0
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Re: THE RETURN OF OCEANGRAVE

Post by Oceangrave0 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 5:05 pm

Soooooo you'll be seeing a bit more of me I think because I went to the Doc today and for about 3 months now I've been having on-and-off severe pain in my chest, turns out I had muscles that were misplaced, or overlapping the connections between my ribs and my sternum. Couple nights ago I went to grab something from the far part of my desk and felt a crack/pop in my chest, I guess that fixed it, idk.

I AM HERE TO PAINT THINGS!
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!
Your local chaotically infused servitor
"I'm starting to wonder if Ocean is in fact a plague marine." - Soria

Guildenstern
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Guildenstern » Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:22 pm

omg I hope so! sounds like a scary thing, thank goodness it's not serious
Dez: "PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!"
Guildy's WIP thread (mostly Skaven)
Guildy's weeklypaint thread! (everything mostly not Skaven!)

Lady_Soria
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Post by Lady_Soria » Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:48 pm

My quote still stands, Ocean is in fact a plague marine with ridiculously good feel no pain rolls.
Everybody wrestles with an inner beast. Mine just has fangs and claws. - Raven Skylander.

Wanna reading my writings? http://lady-soria24.livejournal.com/ ( WARNING some swearing in some stories.)

Kovlovsky
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Post by Kovlovsky » Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:49 am

Lady_Soria wrote:My quote still stands, Ocean is in fact a plague marine with ridiculously good feel no pain rolls.
Hahaha! Right... I shouldn't laugh, but it was a great comparison. I just it's not severe Ocean.
Forum's NKVD Cpt. Kovlovsky

40k : 3945 points of Thousand Sons
380 pts of Tzeentch Daemons of Chaos

Thousand Sons WiP : http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 6&t=114889

Fantasy : OnG

Oceangrave0
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Oceangrave0 » Sat Dec 05, 2015 11:38 pm

I NEVER FAIL MY ROLLS! I AM A PLAGUE DAEMON LIKE NO OTHER!

Also I have a sick immune system...

Speaking of Plague Marines though, I got about 2k of them done today for a client, quick job, nothing too fancy, spent like 4 hours just watching HBO and painting.
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!

Oceangrave0

Post by Oceangrave0 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:35 pm

Got around 50 plague cultists done today, need to not sit around all day, bad for my back... Gonna start doing some for fun work probably starting friday or saturday
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!

Lady_Soria

Post by Lady_Soria » Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:24 am

If I may suggest, when you paint try to set a time when you get up and move, like a small exercise. I tend to do it when I would have to pause in my painting anyway, like finished with a certain colour in batch painting or whatever I was listening to or watching is over.
Everybody wrestles with an inner beast. Mine just has fangs and claws. - Raven Skylander.

Wanna reading my writings? http://lady-soria24.livejournal.com/ ( WARNING some swearing in some stories.)

TheHoundmaster
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges

Post by TheHoundmaster » Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:26 pm

I mean its good...But it needs more Fantasy! Good to see you back, Ocean!
The Warhammer Fantasy Guy!

Oceangrave0

Post by Oceangrave0 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:19 pm

Hey ya'll, sorry I dissipated again, got myself a permanent job and after working 50 hours a week it was hard to want to sit down and paint anything. Now though, starting either the 7th or 8th THE OCEANGRAVE SHOP WILL OPEN AGAIN. This time more permanently until the summer and winter months, then I'll take hiatus's for other work to fill my wallet.

I have cleaned my desk, got new brushes, am working on getting my figures dusted and repaired, it is time for a true return...

:twisted:

P.S.

Did the MWG Forum change its format? got a new laptop and now it looks strange and weird and I need to get used to it....
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!

Lady_Soria

Post by Lady_Soria » Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:09 pm

MWG had to change its format/ version of the forum software it was using because the database got hacked. There should be a sticky up but long story short, nothing really bad happened BUT the MWG staff reccomends you change your password.

Oceangrave0

Post by Oceangrave0 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:16 pm

Lady_Soria wrote:MWG had to change its format/ version of the forum software it was using because the database got hacked. There should be a sticky up but long story short, nothing really bad happened BUT the MWG staff reccomends you change your password.
Hm... Well that's not what you want... I should probably do that then, thanks for the update :P
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!

Guildenstern
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Guildenstern » Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:21 am

welcome back :D grats on the work, nice to have $$$ to support your plastic crack addiction ;)
Dez: "PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!"
Guildy's WIP thread (mostly Skaven)
Guildy's weeklypaint thread! (everything mostly not Skaven!)

Oceangrave0

Post by Oceangrave0 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:39 am

Been working on more of my Warmachine minis;

Mediocre pic, I know, my light box got smashed in the rearrange of my area.

I've also been looking at picking up the Age of Sigmar starter kit, at least the Chaos side for sale and the Stormcast to just kinda have around. Gotta re-base all my fantasy stuff now which kinda makes me wanna die because.... so many skeletons..... so many......

I'm thinking I should finish some big named Space marine stuff to sell off, like my Emperor's children and even some of my daemons.
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!

Kovlovsky
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Post by Kovlovsky » Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:22 am

I think the AoS rules tell that bases don't matter. You can keep your old bases and you will have the option to play both 8th ed Fantasy and AoS if you want.
Forum's NKVD Cpt. Kovlovsky

40k : 3945 points of Thousand Sons
380 pts of Tzeentch Daemons of Chaos

Thousand Sons WiP : http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 6&t=114889

Fantasy : OnG

Arnathos
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Arnathos » Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:23 am

Kovlovsky wrote:I think the AoS rules tell that bases don't matter. You can keep your old bases and you will have the option to play both 8th ed Fantasy and AoS if you want.
This is what I do, not going to rebase my Empire army, its like 200 models or something, I'd rather just play both games and 8th is the one that really needs bases.

You should also definately finish your Emperor's Children.
Time will tell... Sooner or later... Time will tell.
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
Word Bearers 10000pts[89% Painted]
WHFB:
Empire 5000pts[95% Painted]

FYI, I'm Dutch, not Finnish, I just live there.