THE RETURN OF OCEANGRAVE

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Oceangrave0
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

THE RETURN OF OCEANGRAVE

Post by Oceangrave0 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:49 pm

Hey guys... MISS ME?!?!?!? :twisted:

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG story short I have been on hiatus from all forms of table-top gaming other than the occasional Munchkin game. That is until I noticed my desk was very dusty, and that my friend sent me a few Warmachine minis, trying to get me back into the hobby... It finally worked... I am starting by painting my own personal Scyrah minis... Don't wanna accidentally mess up someone else's minis because I am rusty.... as all get out...

I started with the white paint scheme, which took forever... then moved to the idea of a more forest themed, with Olive green as the main armor color.

I NEED YOUR COLLECTIVE OPINIONS!!!

My picture taking set up isn't alive anymore... cats... boxes... little fire here and there... eh, happens. I'll get a new set up soon.

Oh btw, I missed yall.
Last edited by Oceangrave0 on Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!
Your local chaotically infused servitor
"I'm starting to wonder if Ocean is in fact a plague marine." - Soria

Farseer Oz
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Re: THE RETURN OF OCEANGRAVE

Post by Farseer Oz » Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:30 am

I was wondering where you went off to. Welcome back.

You image didnt come through so I cannot see what your comeback work is like.
Eldar Biel-Tan 18,740 pts - 8,069 pts painted
Chaos Daemons 2,600 pts - 840 pts painted

Oceangrave0
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Oceangrave0 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:41 am

Better?
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:37 am

DUDE! I was just thinking of you a couple days ago, wondering where you'd gotten to. I was getting ready to send a PM, nice to see you back!

I...am not helpful because I like them both. Ok I'll lean towards green.
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

Thalric
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges

Post by Thalric » Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:56 am

I wasn't here when you disappeared, but welcome back anyways :D
Both models look very nice and I am no big help either in deciding. I really like the face on the green guy, but that is beside the actual point I guess ^^

Arnathos
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Arnathos » Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:28 am

Welcome back man!

I really love the white one, but in the interest of seeing an entire army done, I think you should go with the green. Maybe add some dark green thorny vine patterns to one of the thigh protector plates or something to break it up a bit?
Time will tell... Sooner or later... Time will tell.
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
Word Bearers 10000pts[89% Painted]
WHFB:
Empire 5000pts[95% Painted]

FYI, I'm Dutch, not Finnish, I just live there.

Lady_Soria
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Post by Lady_Soria » Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:19 am

HE LIVES!!!!!! Welcome back :)

As for the minis... The green ones details pop more for me.
Everybody wrestles with an inner beast. Mine just has fangs and claws. - Raven Skylander.

Wanna reading my writings? http://lady-soria24.livejournal.com/ ( WARNING some swearing in some stories.)

Kovlovsky
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Post by Kovlovsky » Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:55 am

I'm not sure if I was around when you took a pause, but welcome back. I think both the green and white are nice, but green is more camouflaged and it appeals to my side who loves realism. But the white is really successful too. Follow your heart. :)
Last edited by Kovlovsky on Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Forum's NKVD Cpt. Kovlovsky

40k : 3945 points of Thousand Sons
380 pts of Tzeentch Daemons of Chaos

Thousand Sons WiP : http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 6&t=114889

Fantasy : OnG

Khankore
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Khankore » Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:31 am

Welcome back! There's still a day to get in on the paint anything challenge! Would be a nice way to jump back in :)
Casey Stratton
http://miniaturemodelrescue.blogspot.com

Models: Too many
Painted: Not enough

Oceangrave0

Post by Oceangrave0 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:04 pm

Khankore wrote:Welcome back! There's still a day to get in on the paint anything challenge! Would be a nice way to jump back in :)
I work today so I don't got a lot of time to do painting, though I am continuing my test minis with the green scheme, after brightening up the arcane glow I like the scheme both in technique and look.
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!

Guildenstern
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Guildenstern » Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:37 pm

white! ice army!!!

welcome back dude =D

love both the colours really, but I do like the white
Dez: "PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!"
Guildy's WIP thread (mostly Skaven)
Guildy's weeklypaint thread! (everything mostly not Skaven!)

fluffyfen
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by fluffyfen » Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:53 pm

hey welcome back :D
id have to say i like the green more.
Bromanced to my Brosband - BewareOfTom

Pen gun, mightier than the sword. Sword gun, mightier than the pen gun.

Oceangrave0

Post by Oceangrave0 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:04 pm

OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!

Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:47 am

Welcome back. Like Dez, was getting ready to go start looking for you.

I like the green. lots of folks do those guys in white and the green glow is going to make them shine.