Mars-Crusader's Weekly Paint

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Mars-Crusader
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting Pledges

Mars-Crusader's Weekly Paint

Post by Mars-Crusader » Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:59 pm

My main motivation for joining MWG was to try to motivate myself to clear the long list of models that are sitting waiting for some lovin from my paint brush. I play many different armies and my collection has grown while my time to paint and play has not in the past few years. Now I am making a concentrated effort to clear the back log.

Black Templar
Emperors Champion
Grimaldus and Friends
5x Thunderhammer/Storm shield Terminators
Venerable Dreadnought
8x Vanguard Vets
19x Initiates
Storm Talon
Storm Raven
Land Raider Redeemer
Land Raider Crusader

Mechanicus
40x Skitarri
3x Onager Dunecrawlers
5x Sydonian Dragoons
6x Kastelan Robots
2x Datasmiths
15x Kataphron Battle Servitors
25x Ruststalkers
20x Electro-Priests
3x Imperial Knights

Daemons
Scabeiathrax
Great Unclean One
Keeper of Secrets
Bloodthirster
Herald of Nurgle
30x Horrors
30x Daemonettes
30x Plaguebearers
30x Bloodletters
9x Flamers
10x Seekers of Slaanesh
Exalted Flamer

Minions
Calaban the Gravewalker
Totem Hunter
Ironback Spitter
5x Gatorman Posse

Complete
3x Plague Drones
An'ggrath
10x Skitarri Vanguard
10x Skitarii Rangers
Tech-Priest Dominus
Onager Dunecrawler
Last edited by Mars-Crusader on Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:58 pm, edited 9 times in total.

Kovlovsky
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Re: Mars-Crusader's Weekly Paint

Post by Kovlovsky » Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:06 pm

Good luckkkkk! as Dave would have said. It seems that you a lot of work coming, but I'm excited to see it being done.
Forum's NKVD Cpt. Kovlovsky

40k : 3945 points of Thousand Sons
380 pts of Tzeentch Daemons of Chaos

Thousand Sons WiP : http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 6&t=114889

Fantasy : OnG

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:30 pm

More Mechanicus!
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

Lady_Soria
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Post by Lady_Soria » Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:55 pm

Welcome! Wow influx of new people lately. May the painting gods bless your brushes.
Everybody wrestles with an inner beast. Mine just has fangs and claws. - Raven Skylander.

Wanna reading my writings? http://lady-soria24.livejournal.com/ ( WARNING some swearing in some stories.)

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:04 pm

PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Epic Duck Mike » Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:10 am

Welcome to the Weekly Paint! Now get painting ;)
Professional Warhammer and Miniature Painting - visit Epic Duck Studios!
I'm NOT currently accepting Commissions. Sorry!
Follow @_EpicDuck on Twitter.

Great artists don't paint because they're inspired; they're inspired because they paint.

Guildenstern
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Guildenstern » Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:50 pm

Sweet can't wait to see them! I love those models
Dez: "PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!"
Guildy's WIP thread (mostly Skaven)
Guildy's weeklypaint thread! (everything mostly not Skaven!)

rollplayinggamer
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting Pledges

Post by rollplayinggamer » Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:01 pm

I want to see that great unclean one painted!
40k armies:
'Nids Hive Fleet Mantis 2000+ pts
Ork Goffs / Orks 1700+ pts
Ragnar Blackmane's Great Company 600+ pts

Mars-Crusader
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting Pledges

Post by Mars-Crusader » Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:04 am

It was a very productive day. I think I got flock on all of my Templar and I got the base coat on Scabeiathrax. The humidity and off and on rain kept me from spraying the Templar. Monday and Tuesday are my off days from work, so that's when I will make the most progress.

First up the 3 Plague Drones.

Mars-Crusader
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Mars-Crusader » Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:11 pm

I got the base coat of paint onto My Kataphron Battle Servitors and around 30 Templar the past 2 weeks. After almost exclusively painting the last 2 days this is what I have to show for it.

For someone with the name Mars-Crusader I am painting a lot of Daemons. That will change next week.

Lady_Soria

Post by Lady_Soria » Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:11 pm

I like the contrast between the wings and his body... A bit shiny but I think that is more camera than you.
Everybody wrestles with an inner beast. Mine just has fangs and claws. - Raven Skylander.

Wanna reading my writings? http://lady-soria24.livejournal.com/ ( WARNING some swearing in some stories.)

Guildenstern
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Guildenstern » Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:35 pm

lookin good! I like his fishing pole ;)

Mars-Crusader
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Mars-Crusader » Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:23 pm

@ Lady Sora- I initially had the wings black, but then I did a small section of the wings with Kantor Blue, followed by a dry brush of Teclis Blue and really liked the contrast between the body and wings. As for the shine its me too. I am terrible with taking pictures with that camera.

@Guildenstern- I chose that angle for the whips because I feel the closer they are to the body the less likely they will be to snag something and break. The heat gun made shaping to that angle very easy.

Guildenstern

Post by Guildenstern » Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:28 pm

makes good sense! can't tell you how many times I put something into what looked really great and then it got bumped/snapped off ><

Lady_Soria

Post by Lady_Soria » Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:49 pm

I will still blame the camera ;) Any road look forward to seeing more stuff. /cracks whip get painting.