Akylos' #theweeklypaint 2015

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Munin
Bronze Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting Pledges

Re: Akylos' #theweeklypaint 2015

Post by Munin » Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:37 pm

Kovlovsky wrote:Good idea, but this is still better than the old Goblin green bases of the 1990s! :D
Hush your filthy mouth, heretic! :wink:

Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:26 am

Nice work.

For your snow table, you could just paint, or make a game mat.

Where in Europe are you?

Akylos
MiniWarGaming Regular
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting Pledges

Post by Akylos » Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:51 am

Nappen wrote:Nice work.

Where in Europe are you?
I've been looking at the one you made and I think I'll take that route as well. I haven't found a suitable white sheet though.

Did you use spraycans/airbrush to create those smooth transitions?

I'm from Belgium :)
*CAW*

Kovlovsky

Post by Kovlovsky » Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:25 pm

You are Wallonian or Flemish?
Forum's NKVD Cpt. Kovlovsky

40k : 3945 points of Thousand Sons
380 pts of Tzeentch Daemons of Chaos

Thousand Sons WiP : http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 6&t=114889

Fantasy : OnG

Akylos
MiniWarGaming Regular
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting Pledges

Post by Akylos » Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:48 pm

Flemish, but half of my family is Wallonian.
*CAW*

Nappen
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:00 pm

Akylos wrote:
Nappen wrote:Nice work.

Where in Europe are you?
I've been looking at the one you made and I think I'll take that route as well. I haven't found a suitable white sheet though.

Did you use spraycans/airbrush to create those smooth transitions?

I'm from Belgium :)
I used a paint tarp. I paited it solid and the airbrushed with craft paint thinned with water. Here is a tutorial, not the best, but it will do. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=c4inBnDwYGo

Kovlovsky

Post by Kovlovsky » Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:40 pm

Akylos wrote:Flemish, but half of my family is Wallonian.
Thanks for the answer. I was just a bit curious. :)

Akylos
MiniWarGaming Regular

Post by Akylos » Sun Jul 19, 2015 3:26 am

Started working on the Destroyers, but I rushed the airbrushing a bit.
I tested a metallic blue "body" on some of the destroyers and I like it. I'll paint the bodies of the rest together with all the details and go back to airbrushing after that.

But first, another project:

This is my attempt at making "American Pancakes". Our pancakes are usually much flatter and bigger, get coated with some sugar and are rolled up, not unlike a Burrito.
*CAW*

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Sun Jul 19, 2015 3:45 am

looks good to me :)

Lady_Soria
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Post by Lady_Soria » Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:17 am

-claws at her screen- gimme.

On that note, the destoryed look greet as well.
Everybody wrestles with an inner beast. Mine just has fangs and claws. - Raven Skylander.

Wanna reading my writings? http://lady-soria24.livejournal.com/ ( WARNING some swearing in some stories.)

Guildenstern
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Guildenstern » Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:15 pm

Yum to both! Though I wouldn't eat the destroyers ;)
Dez: "PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!"
Guildy's WIP thread (mostly Skaven)
Guildy's weeklypaint thread! (everything mostly not Skaven!)

Farseer Oz
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Farseer Oz » Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:27 pm

I think your pancakes could do with a wash of syrup and maybe try adding some highlights such as strawberries or blueberries.
Eldar Biel-Tan 18,740 pts - 8,069 pts painted
Chaos Daemons 2,600 pts - 840 pts painted

Kovlovsky

Post by Kovlovsky » Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:48 pm

Farseer Oz wrote:I think your pancakes could do with a wash of syrup and maybe try adding some highlights such as strawberries or blueberries.
I agree, but beware of Khorne syrup. It's less tasty and it could transform you into a dangerous berserker. What you want to use is maple syrup (quite expensive in Europe unfortunately though, but it won't be pushing you into murdering your own familly at least). :P

Guildenstern
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Guildenstern » Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:50 pm

Kovlovsky wrote:
Farseer Oz wrote:I think your pancakes could do with a wash of syrup and maybe try adding some highlights such as strawberries or blueberries.
I agree, but beware of Khorne syrup. It's less tasty and it could transform you into a dangerous berserker. What you want to use is maple syrup (quite expensive in Europe unfortunately though, but it won't be pushing you into murdering your own familly at least). :P
lol

first khorne flakes, now syrup... what next?! lol

(Khorne obviously has it in for breakfast foods!)
Dez: "PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!"
Guildy's WIP thread (mostly Skaven)
Guildy's weeklypaint thread! (everything mostly not Skaven!)

Munin
Bronze Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting Pledges

Post by Munin » Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:00 pm

It is a veritable Khorne-u-copia of breakfast foods!