Akylos' #theweeklypaint 2015

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Guildenstern
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Re: Akylos' #theweeklypaint 2015

Post by Guildenstern » Sun Aug 16, 2015 5:31 pm

that looks really awesome can't wait to see more!
Dez: "PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!"
Guildy's WIP thread (mostly Skaven)
Guildy's weeklypaint thread! (everything mostly not Skaven!)

Akylos
MiniWarGaming Regular
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting Pledges

Post by Akylos » Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:49 am

It's done!

Now I'm left with a bunch of leftover wood, nails and hinges.
I also have a few square feet of grass mat lying around.

I'm thinking Bloodbowl pitch?
*CAW*

Lady_Soria
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Post by Lady_Soria » Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:37 am

Blood bowl or that new game guild ball. Where'd you get the instructions? Or is this purely your own design?
Everybody wrestles with an inner beast. Mine just has fangs and claws. - Raven Skylander.

Wanna reading my writings? http://lady-soria24.livejournal.com/ ( WARNING some swearing in some stories.)

Akylos
MiniWarGaming Regular
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting Pledges

Post by Akylos » Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:38 pm

Lady_Soria wrote:Blood bowl or that new game guild ball. Where'd you get the instructions? Or is this purely your own design?
I've never heard of Guild Ball. Is it any good?
I've quickly glanced their quick start rules and I might give it a try if I can convince someone in my area to play.

Thanks for bringing it to my attention though. I'll see if I can make the pitch modular so it can be used for more football/soccer-like games.

As for your second question:
No I did not design it myself. I saw a picture of a similar box a few years ago and saved it on my computer. At one point I was planning to make it so I drew up some plans, but I didn't go trough with it as I really didn't have the workspace for it back then. Recently I found my old sketches again and started from there.
*CAW*

Lady_Soria
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Post by Lady_Soria » Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:57 pm

I've heard good things about it, but I haven't played it myself, mostly due to being broke.
Everybody wrestles with an inner beast. Mine just has fangs and claws. - Raven Skylander.

Wanna reading my writings? http://lady-soria24.livejournal.com/ ( WARNING some swearing in some stories.)

Guildenstern
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Guildenstern » Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:03 pm

Very cool! I like it a lot. Now you just have to paint it with your chosen armies theme lol
Dez: "PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!"
Guildy's WIP thread (mostly Skaven)
Guildy's weeklypaint thread! (everything mostly not Skaven!)

Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Epic Duck Mike » Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:32 am

I love that case :D
Professional Warhammer and Miniature Painting - visit Epic Duck Studios!
I'm NOT currently accepting Commissions. Sorry!
Follow @_EpicDuck on Twitter.

Great artists don't paint because they're inspired; they're inspired because they paint.

Akylos
MiniWarGaming Regular

Post by Akylos » Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:35 pm

Case for the Bloodbowl/Football field is halfway built.

Not very exciting I know, but I feel my enthusiasm for this project fading and this log keeps me motivated to get it finished asap so I can get on to do other things (like cleaning my hobby room of sawdust :lol: ).
*CAW*

Munin
Bronze Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting Pledges

Post by Munin » Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:22 pm

Do not hesitate to construct a BloodBowl pitch - it is an awesome and hilarious game!

Akylos
MiniWarGaming Regular

Post by Akylos » Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:40 am

Alas, Bloodbowl pitch has fallen to the wayside. It'll get done, just not now.

I wanted to start painting again, and not in the airbrushy kind of way, so I picked up a random model from the bargain bin in my local store and got busy.

It has been a long time since I painted Fantasy, and now I realise I never really got a good technique (or colors) for skin, so it looks a bit flat. I've yet to go trough all the Miniwargaming painting DVD's to see if they can help with this.
*CAW*

LordMcAllister
Silver Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by LordMcAllister » Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:22 am

I can actually recommend this for progressing in painting skin. Okay, it's about faces... but you can transfer it to all parts of the skin. There is a little booklet in it to explain how to paint faces and all the colours you may need.
Painted in 2018:
AdMech: 2 Vanguard
Marines: 1 Rhino, 6 Primaris Intercessor, 1 Captain in gravis armour, 1 Scribbus Wretch
Shadespire: 4 Sepulchral Guard

Akylos
MiniWarGaming Regular

Post by Akylos » Sun Sep 06, 2015 4:07 pm

Finally finished my Librarian for my Grey Knight army.

There are models where you really enjoy painting, but this wasn't one of them. All those fiddly bits and impossible to reach places made it a very frustrating experience.

I'm also not sold on the colour scheme. It seems to have too much of a "primary colours vibe" going on, but I don't want to redo this model ever again.

*CAW*

Akylos
MiniWarGaming Regular

Post by Akylos » Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:23 pm

Spent some time working on the first unit of Terminators. Halfway done at this point:

Some may find Grey Knights boring, but I quite like them. Quick to paint and simple to play.

Since I have so few models in the army, I decided to give them all a unique name on the base :D
*CAW*

Kovlovsky
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Post by Kovlovsky » Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:25 pm

They look good. I always loved their models, but not what they represent. :)
Forum's NKVD Cpt. Kovlovsky

40k : 3945 points of Thousand Sons
380 pts of Tzeentch Daemons of Chaos

Thousand Sons WiP : http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 6&t=114889

Fantasy : OnG