Skipgiblets #theweeklypaint 2015

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
skipgiblets
Silver Vault Member

Re: Skipgiblets #theweeklypaint 2015

Post by skipgiblets » Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:42 pm

Farseer Oz wrote:Welcome to the forum and the weeklypaint thread hope it gives you motivation.

Very few people do the split colour marine down the middle theme so full credit for going down that path. Based on what you have shown you have a very straight line, are you using tape to achieve this?
Thank you for the welcome and compliment. I have to say that your question made me LOL on my couch, and my wife was looking at my crazy. I don't use tape to achieve the line, although that is a great idea. My wife got me some brushes from a craft store, and I use the fine tip ones. I went with the quartered paint scheme for two reasons. First, I can play them as any successor chapter I want. Second, and most importantly, I'm not a great painter and that made it a whole lot easier for me. :D
I don't like quotations, tell me what you know. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

skipgiblets
Silver Vault Member

Post by skipgiblets » Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:50 pm

So my kids started selling rubber band bracelets to their friends at school. I decided to have them commission some pieces for me to match my armies. The first one is from my oldest son, and the second from my daughter. (The second one is based on my CSM army.) I'm so extremely happy and proud.

Kovlovsky
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Post by Kovlovsky » Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:52 pm

skipgiblets wrote:
Farseer Oz wrote:Welcome to the forum and the weeklypaint thread hope it gives you motivation.

Very few people do the split colour marine down the middle theme so full credit for going down that path. Based on what you have shown you have a very straight line, are you using tape to achieve this?
Thank you for the welcome and compliment. I have to say that your question made me LOL on my couch, and my wife was looking at my crazy. I don't use tape to achieve the line, although that is a great idea. My wife got me some brushes from a craft store, and I use the fine tip ones. I went with the quartered paint scheme for two reasons. First, I can play them as any successor chapter I want. Second, and most importantly, I'm not a great painter and that made it a whole lot easier for me. :D
You have a very precise hand seriously. It's impressive. Nice bracer btw. :)
Forum's NKVD Cpt. Kovlovsky

40k : 3945 points of Thousand Sons
380 pts of Tzeentch Daemons of Chaos

Thousand Sons WiP : http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 6&t=114889

Fantasy : OnG

Farseer Oz
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Farseer Oz » Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:45 pm

skipgiblets wrote:

I see that as being odd, in that people would not do the quartered theme because they would think you had to be a good painter to do it.

The lines look straight so I think you are underselling yourself and with a fine paint brush you could do more with your models such as highlights/shading etc.
Eldar Biel-Tan 18,740 pts - 8,069 pts painted
Chaos Daemons 2,600 pts - 840 pts painted

skipgiblets
Silver Vault Member

Post by skipgiblets » Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:10 pm

So I just watched Kris' quick tip video about brocade patterns on banners. I have a command squad, and I did the banner in a simple quarter pattern like my models. After watching the video, I want to add a simple pattern to it. Anyone have ideas?

Lady_Soria
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Post by Lady_Soria » Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:44 am

Late to the Welcoming party, but I just wanted to say your painting looks good.
Everybody wrestles with an inner beast. Mine just has fangs and claws. - Raven Skylander.

Wanna reading my writings? http://lady-soria24.livejournal.com/ ( WARNING some swearing in some stories.)