Munin's #theweeklypaint 2015

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Guildenstern
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Re: Munin's #theweeklypaint 2015

Post by Guildenstern » Sat Sep 12, 2015 12:20 pm

sooo much awesomeness
Dez: "PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!"
Guildy's WIP thread (mostly Skaven)
Guildy's weeklypaint thread! (everything mostly not Skaven!)

Kovlovsky
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Post by Kovlovsky » Sat Sep 12, 2015 2:06 pm

So, when is the revolution? Will the black flag fly high soon? ;)

Edit: forgot to write flag in the sentence.
Last edited by Kovlovsky on Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Forum's NKVD Cpt. Kovlovsky

40k : 3945 points of Thousand Sons
380 pts of Tzeentch Daemons of Chaos

Thousand Sons WiP : http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 6&t=114889

Fantasy : OnG

Munin
Bronze Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting Pledges

Post by Munin » Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:18 am

Hahaha! Speaking of the revolution, what self-respecting anarchist takes to the streets without a pair of vintage Chucks?

Also, working away on my Haqqislam stuff. My first Ghulam, the prototype for the rest of them. The tan parts of his uniform are done, and I like the way the shading and highlighting came out. The green on his boots is done, and the shoulder pads, padded sections of the arms and legs, and various straps will eventually be that color (for now they're just base coated).

I also started working on a Hunzakut sniper. I decided that since the Hunzakuts have the CH:Camouflage skill, he should be, well, camouflaged! To that end, I did his uniform in a sort of MultiCam pattern. The grey is just a base coat, the final part will be much lighter and should look much better. I liked the grey padding on the one on CB's site, so I figured I'd keep that look.

Kovlovsky

Post by Kovlovsky » Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:23 am

Great stuff! You're great at painting camouflaged uniforms!

BTW, I meant black flag in my last post, but you've got it. I don't want that other people think I wanted to throw black persons with a catapult, so that they "fly high". :oops: I fixed it.

Thalric
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges

Post by Thalric » Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:16 am

Impressive work!
The chucks are a really funny addition :P

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:23 am

If you're flying the Black Flag you'd better have Henry Rollins and Greg Ginn in there somewhere :)
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

Nappen
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:21 am

with a cup of black coffee

Munin
Bronze Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting Pledges

Post by Munin » Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:49 am

No pics tonight, but I'm still working away on my Infinity stuff. So much fine detail! My 20/0 brush is getting a workout.

Munin
Bronze Vault Member

Post by Munin » Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:27 am

Cross-posting from this month's Big Brawl, the theme of which was Mr. or Mrs. Fix-It. I decided to do both, and have been working on a Ghulam Doctor and a Najjarun Engineer for Infinity. The role of both of these minis in the game is to fix or repair other units (drones for him, troopers for her).

Because Kovlovsky asked in the other thread: in order to reduce the absurd cheesecakity of the mini (with her low-rise pants and exposed midriff), I decided to paint her as if she were wearing something form-fitting yet practical, like Under Armor or its futuristic equivalent under her uniform jacket. Bonus points if you can name the fictional sci-fi doctor on which she is based!
The Najjarun Engineer. Given how often my remotes keep getting blasted to smithereens, I figure this guy is going to see some heavy use.
The pair together:

These are my first completed Infinity minis and I'm really happy with the way they turned out. I am especially happy with the color scheme for the base (although the lighting washes out a little of the color variation visible in person) There is a LOT of detail on these minis, and mad-props to Corvus Belli for sculpts that look good and were a lot of fun to paint.

Nappen
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:48 am

I like what you did with the models. Good call on the doctor.

Kovlovsky

Post by Kovlovsky » Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:58 am

Aaaaaah ok I see. Yea, it's kind of a particular idea to go to war with a shirt exposing the belly. It's not really practical when you have to hit the dirt in a wooden or rocky area. :P

They are really well painted, but I must admit I don't recognise the reference unfortunately.

Guildenstern
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Guildenstern » Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:28 pm

awesome job, love the underarmor too

not a clue about the doctor either :( now I'm really curious lol
Dez: "PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!"
Guildy's WIP thread (mostly Skaven)
Guildy's weeklypaint thread! (everything mostly not Skaven!)

Munin
Bronze Vault Member

Post by Munin » Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:47 pm

Hint: I'm a huge fan of the Mass Effect games. ;)

Kovlovsky

Post by Kovlovsky » Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:57 pm

I have bought the first two on Steam, but I haven't played them yet! Damn me! Ironically, I bought and read the prequel novel about Sovereign and how it was discovered. The next novel is half read. It's about Cerberus I think, but it's far in my mind. I will get through them one day!