Munin's #theweeklypaint 2015

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Re: Munin's #theweeklypaint 2015

Post by Nappen » Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:29 am

Good luck and have a blast

Guildenstern
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Guildenstern » Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:59 am

good luck!

and you're totally right about that moustache lol
Dez: "PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!"
Guildy's WIP thread (mostly Skaven)
Guildy's weeklypaint thread! (everything mostly not Skaven!)

Kovlovsky

Post by Kovlovsky » Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:50 pm

Great job on your two new miniatures! For some reason, your HVT makes me think to the WWII Japanese general Tojo Hideki. It's probably the moustache and the round shaped glasses. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hideki_Tojo
Forum's NKVD Cpt. Kovlovsky

40k : 3945 points of Thousand Sons
380 pts of Tzeentch Daemons of Chaos

Thousand Sons WiP : http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 6&t=114889

Fantasy : OnG

Munin
Bronze Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting Pledges

Post by Munin » Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:37 pm

Hahahaha, yeah, he kinda does.

So miracle of miracles, I actually managed to pull off a win in my first ITS event! It was a blast, my opponents were all very cool, and the games were all very challenging (one of them was a bloodbath in which I squeaked out a 2-1 victory). I learned some stuff (AD Ecdromoi are scary! A double-Gecko list is scary!) and had a really good time. I also picked up some swag and took the opportunity to buy some more minis I'd sort of had my eye on (looking at you, Kum Bikers!). Yay, more fodder for the pledge thread!

Kovlovsky

Post by Kovlovsky » Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:37 pm

Congratulations for your win!
Forum's NKVD Cpt. Kovlovsky

40k : 3945 points of Thousand Sons
380 pts of Tzeentch Daemons of Chaos

Thousand Sons WiP : http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 6&t=114889

Fantasy : OnG

LordMcAllister
Silver Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by LordMcAllister » Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:42 am

You've really done well with the Infinity models and congratulations on your victory! :)
Painted in 2018:
AdMech: 2 Vanguard
Marines: 1 Rhino, 6 Primaris Intercessor, 1 Captain in gravis armour, 1 Scribbus Wretch
Shadespire: 4 Sepulchral Guard

Munin
Bronze Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting Pledges

Post by Munin » Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:10 am

As mentioned in the pledge thread, I've been working on more Infinity models, this time some Ghazi Muttawi'ah. These are light infantry, extremely impetuous (meaning they tend to charge headlong at the enemy at every opportunity), armed with chain rifles and boarding shotguns. Additionally, they carry jamming gear and other EWAR weapons, which makes them death to link teams.
These were a dream to assemble. These particular minis are wonderfully engineered, and all the pieces fit together perfectly with no filing, grinding, bending, pinning, or cursing required. Furthermore, the design is really cool, with each pair (male and female) sharing a piece that's the torso and left leg. But given the other variations in pose, weapons, heads, etc, you'd never know it.

I also primed my tournament prize - Armand Le Muet, Freelance Killer! This is a Tohaa mercenary badass.

People always talk about how detailed Corvus Belli's minis are, but it's hard to describe exactly how sometimes. Here is a perfect example: across the pack of Le Muet's jacket is his personal motto: "Rest In Oblivion." Also, check out the zippers on the scope pouch on his rifle case! Keep in mind, this mini is 32mm True Scale, so this dude is a hair over an inch tall.

And finally, I picked up something I'd had my eye on for a while: a pair of Kum Motorized Troopers. Last night I finished assembling the first of their bikes:

Oceangrave0
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Oceangrave0 » Sun Jan 24, 2016 5:03 pm

Ooo.... I like those minis... Like a lot :D
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!
Your local chaotically infused servitor
"I'm starting to wonder if Ocean is in fact a plague marine." - Soria

LordMcAllister
Silver Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by LordMcAllister » Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:34 am

The Mercenary looks really cool! Looking forward seeing him coloured! ;)
Painted in 2018:
AdMech: 2 Vanguard
Marines: 1 Rhino, 6 Primaris Intercessor, 1 Captain in gravis armour, 1 Scribbus Wretch
Shadespire: 4 Sepulchral Guard

Guildenstern
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Guildenstern » Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:01 pm

Those are cool! can't wait to see them painted
Dez: "PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!"
Guildy's WIP thread (mostly Skaven)
Guildy's weeklypaint thread! (everything mostly not Skaven!)

TheArmorOfContempt
Silver Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges

Post by TheArmorOfContempt » Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:26 pm

I really really really like the red trim on these guys, and the Gold necrons actually go with it pretty well. One thing, the gold models, are you doing a runefang or necron compound highlight on them? The pictures might not being showing it, but from this view the kind of look like they done in a single shade. I assume you are using Balthasar Gold or something like it, maybe go with a brighter shade on the raised area to make them pop out a bit more.

Munin
Bronze Vault Member

Post by Munin » Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:26 am

The brass for the Necrons is:

1. basecoat with Abaddon Black
2. heavy drybrush of Warplock Bronze (aka Tin Bitz)
3. medium drybrush of custom-mixed brass (mixed to match the old Ral Partha Beaten Brass)
4. wash with thinned Chestnut Ink
5. pick out just a few highlights with custom-mixed brass again.

And no, the pictures don't really show the depth of color well, probably because of my crappy lighting.