Thalric's Weekly Paint 2015

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Guildenstern
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Re: Thalric's Weekly Paint 2015

Post by Guildenstern » Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:39 pm

that's soo cool... where did you get the extra arms to magnetise for the alpha? Is it part of the set?
Dez: "PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!"
Guildy's WIP thread (mostly Skaven)
Guildy's weeklypaint thread! (everything mostly not Skaven!)

Thalric
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges

Post by Thalric » Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:58 pm

Thanks! And the arms are all part of the set :)

Guildenstern
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Guildenstern » Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:18 pm

oooh sweet!

Thalric
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges

Post by Thalric » Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:09 am

Ok so it has been a while since the last post.
The reason for that is, that I was pretty swamped at work and the big heatwave here in Germany. Those two things combined, pretty much killed my enthusiasm to paint for a few weeks. Both work and the weather are back to normal now, so I have once again picked up the brush :D

Sadly, I wasn't able to finish my models for the Big Brawl or challenge last month. But I am entering my Dominus in this months Big Brawl and I worked the model is over halfway done.

In other news, I am really tempted to get myself the Age of Sigmar Starterbox, but I just have so many models to paint still. I'll most likely wait, but the temptation is there :D I alway wanted to get into Fantasy (with Lizardmen) as well, but 40k ist still taking up too much of my time and I think it might be better to wait and see where AoS is going.
What do you think of it so far?

Also, my PC pretty much died over the heatwave, so I am building myself a new one. All the parts should be here by next week and I am really looking forward to that. And last but not least I am moving in with my girlfriend in August/September :D I need to figure out a good way to transport my models (at least the big ones) until then. Luckily, our new apartment is only 5 minutes away from my current one, so the move should be pretty quick and easy.

That is it for the moment. Pictures of the Dominus should be coming next week!

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:46 am

Congrats on the good news (moving in)!

I'm getting Age of Sigmar because I love the new models. I'm also hoping to teach my daughter to play :)
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

Dez
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:29 am

It will make for some fun conversions! In Fantasy I'm normally a follower of Tzeentch, though I've been considering just leaving it as is and converting a second box if I get one down the line.

Thalric
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Thalric » Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:44 am

At the moment the main reason for me to get the box would also be the models. I love both the Sigmarines and Khorne models. We can only hope that they build on the rules they have put out and get it playable beyond the point of "do whatever you want". A little bit of balance would be nice to see. Since at the moment it would be for the models mostly is why I wait. They would just collect dust as so many other models waiting to be painted.
Last edited by Thalric on Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kovlovsky
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Post by Kovlovsky » Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:59 am

I wish you to be happy with your love and having a long and prosperous life together. :)

You could always convert the AoS models into a 40k army. The Khorne guys could make good looking Khorne Berserkers and the Sigmarine guys look either like Blood Angels' Sanguinary Guard or maybe some cool Tzeentch warband (maybe it's just me, but the guys with a faceless masks which looks like the Sanguinary Guards would be nice Tzeentch CSMs with a bit of conversions while the winged guys could look cool as Thousand Sons Raptors even if it's out of character for the rubrics. Maybe it could be part of an Horus Heresy TS warband).
Forum's NKVD Cpt. Kovlovsky

40k : 3945 points of Thousand Sons
380 pts of Tzeentch Daemons of Chaos

Thousand Sons WiP : http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 6&t=114889

Fantasy : OnG

Thalric
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Thalric » Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:29 pm

Thank you for the kind words :)

If I get them, I would use them for Aos I think. I already play 3 (4 if you divide both AdMech books) armys in 40k, so I would keep them for their intended purpose. But your ideas are very interesting and I agree that the Sigmarines would look good for Blood Angels.

Thalric
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Thalric » Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:08 pm

Time for a little update.
Haven't done much painting to be honest. I got sucked back into a video game and that is killing my painting time ^^.
But I did some work on the Tech Priest today and I am getting close to finishing it. Finished the coat mostly today, just need a little bit more work. After that I am nearly done with the model. Hopeully I can motivate myself again in the next few days.

In other news, I am still struggeling with Age of Sigmar. I am still strong and did not buy the Starterbox, but I did get the rulebook (if you can call it that :P) and I really like the story and artwork. A bit of Lizardmen (or Seraphon now) Artwork is included and looks like a few of the units I really like won't get new models, which is fine by me, since I really like the current models :)

GW really is sucking my wallet dry (DAMN YOU! :D).

Guildenstern

Post by Guildenstern » Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:45 pm

heh yay Thalric! can't wait to see the tech priest too

I thought about getting AoS starter box too but (thankfully?) I'm pledged to Reapers kickstarter for bones3 which will undoubtedly deluge me with models soon enough anyway.

I'd laugh about your wallet but it's right there with mine hehee

Dez

Post by Dez » Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:37 am

The starter models are ridiculously nice!

Thalric
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Thalric » Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:37 am

Heyho,

and I am back. After hitting a motivational low again and moving I can start painting again very soon.
Most of the boxes are unpacked and my painting area will be usable soon. Still need to work on the kitchen some more but that is stuff for the weekend.

Hopefully, I will finally finish that Tech Priest soon. It has been sitting around mostly done for way too long. Once I finish that, I can start fresh :D Not sure what I will paint yet. I was planning on doing some Gants but there are enough other options, that I might paint something else first.

Just wanted to give a small sign of life so that you all know that I am not gone. I still need to get the internet running in the new apartment since my ISP apparently can't handle a move and need 5 business days to determine they do need to send a technician after all.
I'll keep you posted!

Dez

Post by Dez » Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:34 am

Hi!