Thalric's Weekly Paint 2015

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Thalric
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges

Re: Thalric's Weekly Paint 2015

Post by Thalric » Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:48 am

Yes I meant a big brush for basecoating and/or layering. One of the old citadel brushes was called that in German if I remember correctly.
Got a few new brushes now that I can use for terrain and vehicles I think :)

By the way, does the Weekly Paint also cover terrain? I know there is a section for terrain, but I don't really build my own terrain but just paint what I can buy ^^

Also, thanks Guildenstern :)
I am very happy you all like the model! My motivation is getting a big boost and there are so many models I want to paint in the next weeks. I think having that much variety in models is good for me. I am already getting bored of the Gants again, but I need to power through them and not only do the models that are more interesting.
Last edited by Thalric on Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Guildenstern
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Guildenstern » Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:42 pm

Ah kk that makes sense. I bought a couple brushes from my local michaels for terrain, like that - larger art brushes. I haven't thought about what to use on a larger model, certainly wouldn't want to try with my #2 that'd take a while lol

I dunno about the terrain but btw since I always like throwing my two cents in :P if you paint it, why not throw it in weekly paint? :D It's about painting after all heh anyway that'd be my opinion :)
Dez: "PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!"
Guildy's WIP thread (mostly Skaven)
Guildy's weeklypaint thread! (everything mostly not Skaven!)

Thalric
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges

Post by Thalric » Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:11 am

Used the brushes yesterday and they work fine for me :)

That's what I figured :) I'll just throw it in then, once it is finished.
I am really motivated to paint at the moment. The bigger break and having a lot of options in what to paint seem to help me. I wish I had more time to paint :D

Thalric
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Thalric » Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:11 pm

I finished the first 5 Termagants yesterday and managed to take pictures today:

What do you think?

25 more with Spinefists to go ^^ I'll do 5 more and then most likely switch to something else for a while :D

Kovlovsky
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Post by Kovlovsky » Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:18 pm

I really like your colour scheme.
Forum's NKVD Cpt. Kovlovsky

40k : 3945 points of Thousand Sons
380 pts of Tzeentch Daemons of Chaos

Thousand Sons WiP : http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 6&t=114889

Fantasy : OnG

Munin
Bronze Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting Pledges

Post by Munin » Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:32 am

Very nice! Now you only need to do like 600 more of them. ;)

Thalric
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Thalric » Sat Sep 26, 2015 3:41 am

Thanks! Well, not 600 but including Hormagaunts I am looking at over 100 models still to paint ^^

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:18 am

The scheme looks sick!
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

Thalric
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Thalric » Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:46 am

Thank you Dez :)

Thalric
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Thalric » Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:25 am

Finished another 5 Termagants last night:

So it's 10 in total now :)

As I have mentioned, I was also working on a bit of terrain, which I finished yesterday as well. The terrain fits in with my Tyranids:

A few days ago I got 2 boxes of Kastelan Robots, which I am currently putting together. I already love the Datasmith, the model is just amazing. I am a little concerned with all the small parts though ^^
It might be a while, until I get to paint them but I am looking forward to it. I would like to give the Robots the damaged and worn look, but I have no idea on how to achieve that. Could you perhaps give me some tips on how to do this?

After that I'll most likely do some more Termagants, as I am still pretty motivated right now. Alternatively I am priming a Rhino right now for my Grey Knights. I'll do that if I can find someone to do it for this months challenge :)

And as always, I hope you like the pictures!

Dez
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:18 am

Paint the Gants while you can!

I got 2 boxes of Kastellans, the Datasmith is so awesome. I'm converting mine to the Dark Gods :)

There's lots of different ways to weather, did you have something in particular in mind? Rusty, greasy, battle damaged, lost at sea, buried in a swamp, etc?

Thalric
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Thalric » Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:16 am

I will! :P

What will you do with the Datasmith? The model is already pretty awesome, but I am looking forward to seeing your conversion!
Nearly finished building 2 Kastellans. I magnetized the Flamer/Phosphor weapon so far and now I am looking into the arms. Might be a bit more complicated but I think it should be possible to magnetize these as well.

For weathering, I was thinking Rust and/or battle damaged, similar to the box art.

Dez

Post by Dez » Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:37 am

I'm building one stock, I'm not sure yet in the second one.

Guildenstern
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Guildenstern » Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:16 pm

That terrain is awesome! it looks like a big one, about to be born, or dormant or something

can't wait for your kastellans really like those models a ton!
Dez: "PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!"
Guildy's WIP thread (mostly Skaven)
Guildy's weeklypaint thread! (everything mostly not Skaven!)

Farseer Oz
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Farseer Oz » Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:17 am

Love that green colour scheme... It is the type of colour that the more and more you have the better it is going to look.
Eldar Biel-Tan 18,740 pts - 8,069 pts painted
Chaos Daemons 2,600 pts - 840 pts painted