Tater's #TheWeeklyPaint 2015

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Khankore
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Re: Tater's #TheWeeklyPaint 2015

Post by Khankore » Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:38 pm

Welcome! As a fellow "New Person" I'd like to say there are a bunch of great painters in this forum and they all have been so helpful to me, right from the get-go. So fire up that brush and jump on in. Can't wait to see what you paint.
Casey Stratton
http://miniaturemodelrescue.blogspot.com

Models: Too many
Painted: Not enough

Lady_Soria
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Post by Lady_Soria » Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:43 pm

Welcome and good luck! No shaming though. You have to walk a fine line of motivating yourself and forcing yourself. If you force or shame yourself too often and you'll burn out quickly, speaking from personal experience.
Everybody wrestles with an inner beast. Mine just has fangs and claws. - Raven Skylander.

Wanna reading my writings? http://lady-soria24.livejournal.com/ ( WARNING some swearing in some stories.)

Farseer Oz
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Farseer Oz » Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:13 am

Welcome aboard the motivation train.

Luckily you have picked a rather easy army to paint so fingers crossed you will be able to get through your list in no time.

First step is getting a picture of your first Necron up..... Look forward to it.

PS. You have till Monday :P
Eldar Biel-Tan 18,740 pts - 8,069 pts painted
Chaos Daemons 2,600 pts - 840 pts painted

LordMcAllister
Silver Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by LordMcAllister » Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:13 am

Welcome and have fun! I hope to see pictures of your minis as soon as possible! You might find out that posting completed minis might motivate you quite a bit. ;)
Painted in 2018:
AdMech: 2 Vanguard
Marines: 1 Rhino, 6 Primaris Intercessor, 1 Captain in gravis armour, 1 Scribbus Wretch
Shadespire: 4 Sepulchral Guard

Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Epic Duck Mike » Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:44 am

Welcome to The Weekly Paint! Here's your membership badge and decoder ring. Don't share them with anyone, ever.

Necrons! Easily one of my favourite armies to paint, and /not/ because they're quick, but because they're a blank canvas to work on with so many possibilities. I look forward to seeing what you do, and offering my advice when I can :)
Professional Warhammer and Miniature Painting - visit Epic Duck Studios!
I'm NOT currently accepting Commissions. Sorry!
Follow @_EpicDuck on Twitter.

Great artists don't paint because they're inspired; they're inspired because they paint.

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:55 pm

My decoder ring says the secret message is 'Drink More Agrax Earthshade'?

Welcome! I'm a Necron painter too...though I suppose I like to build and paint anything I can get my hands on. Please do post your pictures, and we'll help with encouraging feedback and critique on how to get to the next level.

Let me know if you have any questions on getting started/techniques. I've been looking for an excuse to record some quick videos.
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

Guildenstern
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Guildenstern » Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:58 pm

welcome =)

just seeing your pictures and how much you start accomplishing helps bunches! Hence the thread. Plus lots of great guys here give awesome feedback helping you get better!
Dez: "PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!"
Guildy's WIP thread (mostly Skaven)
Guildy's weeklypaint thread! (everything mostly not Skaven!)

Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Epic Duck Mike » Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:41 am

Nothing wrong with a slow hobby week for good reasons, even if it's your first week :) Best of luck on your finals!
Professional Warhammer and Miniature Painting - visit Epic Duck Studios!
I'm NOT currently accepting Commissions. Sorry!
Follow @_EpicDuck on Twitter.

Great artists don't paint because they're inspired; they're inspired because they paint.

Raider32
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Raider32 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:04 am

Good luck in your finals, its a hobby so don't worry too much about getting things done when you have other things on.

I have a weeklypaint, but it may aswell be called the bi-weekly paint, because i generally have a small window of time where I can actually sit down and get a decent amount done. That being said everyone here is really patient and supportive when you finally get round to posting those pics for people to see.

I look forward to seeing your crons :)

Munin
Bronze Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting Pledges

Post by Munin » Wed May 13, 2015 1:19 pm

Oooh, I like the blue and gold accents on the Warriors! Nicely done!

Guildenstern
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Guildenstern » Wed May 13, 2015 1:43 pm

they look really clean! love it
Dez: "PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!"
Guildy's WIP thread (mostly Skaven)
Guildy's weeklypaint thread! (everything mostly not Skaven!)