Khankore #theweeklypaint 2015

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Khankore
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Re: Khankore #theweeklypaint 2015

Post by Khankore » Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:52 pm

Yeah, it's an intended effect - these are Darkriders after all :) I had to finish one just to see if I liked the colors. After washing and detailing, it's definitely not amazing, but it'll do ...AND...I have 18 more to paint, so sticking with easy :)

Casey Stratton
http://miniaturemodelrescue.blogspot.com

Models: Too many
Painted: Not enough

Munin
Bronze Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting Pledges

Post by Munin » Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:09 pm

Hmmm, I don't know if it's a difference in lighting or if you've done something to tone down the effect, but I like the finished mini much more than the examples on the previous page. They definitely have an otherworldly quality to them that I like.

Khankore
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Khankore » Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:14 pm

I took some of your guys advise and toned down the metalic and 'airbrush' thing with a dark brown wash...also the mane and tail were out of control so I painted it black again and just did a subtle grey highlight to the hairs...
Casey Stratton

Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:04 am

I love the cape.

Guildenstern
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Guildenstern » Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:30 pm

I like it! the mane/tail look a lot better that way I think as well
Dez: "PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!"
Guildy's WIP thread (mostly Skaven)
Guildy's weeklypaint thread! (everything mostly not Skaven!)

Khankore
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Khankore » Sat Nov 07, 2015 3:05 am

So...I told myself I wasn't going to touch my new Infinity models until after I got the Dark Elves finished....then I opened the box. Big mistake! Anyway - I really want to take my time on these since they're such awesome models. The detail is almost too fine for my aging eyes, but I really wanted to put some color on one of them. I chose the Pan Oceania as my faction and am tackling the Father Knight. I lack the skill to airbrush something this detailed, so I decided to try and just use washes to insure a smooth look. Here's the progress so far - and thanks Munin for the helpful insight for priming and assembly.

Casey Stratton

Khankore
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Khankore » Sat Nov 07, 2015 7:54 pm

Welp,
Just the sword left on this guy. Thinking I'm not going to do the whole army like this - takes way too much time and I'm too impatient.

Casey Stratton

Imperia
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Post by Imperia » Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:57 pm

It is very nice stuff! might use some of those models for marines, are they of equal-ish size?

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Sat Nov 07, 2015 9:15 pm

Looks great!
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

Munin
Bronze Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting Pledges

Post by Munin » Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:30 pm

SWEET! Yeah, the Father Knight is a pretty bad-butt mini, you picked a great one to start with. It looks fantastic!

Are you planning to stick with the standard blue-and-white for your Pan-O? I think it's a really striking look. I was torn for my Haqqislam stuff - I wanted to do something unique and different, but I liked the color scheme of the studio army so much that I ended up going with something very similar.

Khankore
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Khankore » Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:12 pm

Yeah, I think I'm going to stick with the stock colors on these --- I'm a sucker for blue and white :) Also - They seem to be a tad smaller then Space Marines, the detail is more precise. Anyway, here he is done.

Casey Stratton

Kovlovsky
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Post by Kovlovsky » Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:27 pm

Again, it's a most beautiful work!
Forum's NKVD Cpt. Kovlovsky

40k : 3945 points of Thousand Sons
380 pts of Tzeentch Daemons of Chaos

Thousand Sons WiP : http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 6&t=114889

Fantasy : OnG

Munin
Bronze Vault Member

Post by Munin » Sun Nov 08, 2015 4:35 pm

If you haven't already, you'll probably want to put facing markings on his base to show his line of fire.

Also, I love what you did with his sword. It's simple, clean, and at the same time very eye-catching. Nice job!

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:33 pm

Wow, an Infinity mini I'm impressed with :)

(Please note, not sarcastic. Beautiful mini beautifully painted!)
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!