Ximmons' Weekly Paint 2015

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Ximmons
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Re: Ximmons' Weekly Paint 2015

Post by Ximmons » Mon May 11, 2015 9:21 am

Did not expect to take a month off but I guess then it would have been a surprise. New Goal is to be more active.

I think ill work on the guardsmen first.

Khankore
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Khankore » Mon May 11, 2015 9:33 am

Can't wait to see it!
Casey Stratton
http://miniaturemodelrescue.blogspot.com

Models: Too many
Painted: Not enough

Ximmons
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Ximmons » Sat May 16, 2015 9:32 pm

With as busy as my little girl keeps me I need to really stop getting sidetracked. Had some time and got a few coats of red on the armor. The paint always goes on way thinner then the rest of my colors. Any advice on paints that are to thin? Front and center is the new army addition!

Munin
Bronze Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting Pledges

Post by Munin » Sun May 17, 2015 10:06 am

Red is a tough color to work with (like white and yellow). I hate to say it, but the best way to lay down even coats with good coverage is an airbrush.

Ximmons
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Ximmons » Sun May 17, 2015 10:09 am

Well good to know. More reason for me to fix my air compressor I guess. Should be able to get more progress up today.

Ximmons
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Ximmons » Tue May 19, 2015 9:29 am

Got another coat of read on every one and finished up most of the other colors. Ill be away for 2 weeks so another break. Ill try and keep posting though just with no progress.