Ximmons' Weekly Paint 2015

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Ximmons
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Ximmons' Weekly Paint 2015

Post by Ximmons » Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:11 pm

Hey Hey! I've lurked around the forums for awhile but I think its finally time to double down one getting some kind of motivation for me to finish some projects. I have played warhammer off and on since 2009 and I use the word play very loosely. To be more accurate I have collected and painted off an on. After swapping armies a few times and even jumping back and forth from fantasy and 40k it seems like my fixation with Imperial Astra Militarum is here to stay. Right now im juggling being a new father, hobbies, and my professional career. Somehow I usually manage a bit of time every work to assemble or get a coat of paint on something. Since I have had a bit more time then usual to work on things, this week seems only right to start and post some pictures.

What are these DEAMONS?! Out of all things my wife wants to play deamons....

I must not let the wrinkles bother me...

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Re: Ximmons' Weekly Paint 2015

Post by Dez » Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:35 pm

You should be glad your wife wants to play anything :)
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

Noxgene
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by Noxgene » Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:21 am

Ximmons wrote: What are these DEAMONS?! Out of all things my wife wants to play deamons....
Must not make wife joke...
Necrons: 1850pts - No Wraiths -thumbs-

Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Epic Duck Mike » Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:59 am

Welcome to The Weekly Paint! New Blood for the Blood God!
Professional Warhammer and Miniature Painting - visit Epic Duck Studios!
I'm NOT currently accepting Commissions. Sorry!
Follow @_EpicDuck on Twitter.

Great artists don't paint because they're inspired; they're inspired because they paint.

Xaz
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Xaz » Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:55 pm

Dez wrote:You should be glad your wife wants to play anything :)
Yea my wife didn't want to play anything. I got a new wife.
Orks 5680

Necrons 3170

Space Marines 2100

Ximmons
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Ximmons » Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:46 pm

Thanks for the welcomes! I do consider myself lucky that I have a wife that will feign and interest in my hobby. Hope to have some work done here in a few hours. My picture quality should make a big leap if the wife ever lets me use HER new camera.

Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Epic Duck Mike » Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:13 am

If you're painting HER miniatures, it only seems fair ;)
Professional Warhammer and Miniature Painting - visit Epic Duck Studios!
I'm NOT currently accepting Commissions. Sorry!
Follow @_EpicDuck on Twitter.

Great artists don't paint because they're inspired; they're inspired because they paint.

Guildenstern
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Guildenstern » Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:58 am

Does she really not want to paint them? I know some people aren't artistic. Some it helps get them into stuff, I think. Anyway, it's really cool she will try playing =) I'm still convincing my hubby =/ heh

Anyway it looks like you're going to have a lot of fun there =)
Dez: "PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!"
Guildy's WIP thread (mostly Skaven)
Guildy's weeklypaint thread! (everything mostly not Skaven!)

TigerDave
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting Pledges

Post by TigerDave » Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:27 pm

Food for thought in regards to painting Daemons ...

You can prime them white, and then just do washes. The Pink Horrors are perfect painted white, then Carroburg Crimson wash over the top. Do some touch-ups and ... DONE. I did the same with the purple wash on Slaaneesh (I did their mounts washed in purple, and then I washed the furry manes in Nuln Oil).

SUPER easy to do, and look great!

Ximmons
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Ximmons » Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:47 pm

Guildenstern wrote:Does she really not want to paint them?
I think shes more excited to paint them when she has time. She is not a fan of all the rules =P
TigerDave wrote:You can prime them white, and then just do washes.
Really like how those turned out, I was thinking of doing something like that until she shut me down.

Finally finished magnetizing my Bullgryns. Cant make them ogryns but i can swap out everything else. I was working on making then completely magnetized but for now Ill can that idea. One can only guess what Ill assemble next...

IGfanatic
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Mods, please no more ribbons for me. They break!

Post by IGfanatic » Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:53 pm

Ximmons wrote:After swapping armies a few times and even jumping back and forth from fantasy and 40k it seems like my fixation with Imperial Astra Militarum Imperial Guard is here to stay.
I'm excited to see more imperial guard.
Iggy's are proud and noble creatures.

The Jank Collective Youtube channel.

Ximmons
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Ximmons » Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:53 pm

Got a good amount of priming done. The bullgryns, some infantry and a sentinel proxie thing that has been sitting on my desk for a year. But I wont post a picture of that oddly enough, here is what I spent my afternoon on.

So far what you see is what you get. I was looking for ideas and decided to just wing it. Any suggestions on some detail to add? It was originally going to be for the group build but im not quite sure its going to be old enough..since oddly enough in 40k its still standing.

Lady_Soria
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Post by Lady_Soria » Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:59 am

Very nice. :)
Everybody wrestles with an inner beast. Mine just has fangs and claws. - Raven Skylander.

Wanna reading my writings? http://lady-soria24.livejournal.com/ ( WARNING some swearing in some stories.)

Ximmons
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Ximmons » Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:10 pm

Lady_Soria wrote:Very nice. :)

Thanks! Buckled down and got it to a point that I am happy with. Needs some touch ups but it looks great under the 3 foot rule I think Matt mentioned long ago =P. Maybe I will have to get a few more made before the family comes back and Ill have a lot less time. Going to enter it into the current group build.

Khankore
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Khankore » Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:01 pm

Good Job! I like the concept and your architecture is very cool.
Casey Stratton
http://miniaturemodelrescue.blogspot.com

Models: Too many
Painted: Not enough