Dodenborg "the weekly paint 2015"

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Re: Dodenborg "the weekly paint 2015"

Post by Epic Duck Mike » Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:21 am

Thanks for the close-up shot, I'm especially fond of the detail level in his eye. Looking forward to seeing what you work on next :)
Professional Warhammer and Miniature Painting - visit Epic Duck Studios!
I'm NOT currently accepting Commissions. Sorry!
Follow @_EpicDuck on Twitter.

Great artists don't paint because they're inspired; they're inspired because they paint.

Dodenborg
MiniWarGaming Regular
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting Pledges

Post by Dodenborg » Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:02 pm

for painting went to damn slow and I'm getting a bit tired of sitting still, cramped, etc.. I only finished 1/2 of 1 chaos warrior, and like many others fading away as a half completed project. So will try to give here a regular update of what I hope will be a one day painting a week...

so for the need of action:

mere puppets we are, with imagination as our liberator

Nexus_Crawler
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Nexus_Crawler » Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:31 pm

Holy crap. Those are amazing details.
--Necrons, Dark Angels--
--Connoisseur of fine Cheese--

Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:37 pm

Can't wait for more

Dodenborg
MiniWarGaming Regular

Post by Dodenborg » Mon May 18, 2015 6:25 pm

It's almost a month since the last time I've posted something, mostly because time was fast spend due work, personal stuff and learning something new namely organizing.

So for a first project I thought lets go true all my miniatures I horded over the years. And I ended up with my Uruk-Hai (First miniatures I've ever bought). I've about 60, +/- 20 painted (pretty bad) and the rest unboxed or turned to scratch. Out of this I assembled 23 warrior ready to paint.

For me it was very challenging to stick to a paint scheme, cause mostly I'm painting for the painting time; so fast, organized work was never my interest. This I did in a week, although they are not completely done or to my complete liking, they pas the part where I would redo them. funny thing to mention: in this week I painted more miniatures then I probably did in the last two years.

As a side track I did some terrain. therefore I did a swamp piece, made out of plaster . For close up view I'm happy. But when I look at it from a distance it's a bit of a blur...
For finishing up I will use two types of dried ground/earth (backyard) and used coffee (dried). Will apply them, whiteout painting. For the water I have not fully decieded what I gonna do. Does anyone can give me a tip or a direction, cause now it's to grey to my liking.

In the previous post I said I was tired of working on small stuff and don't see much progress. I would do some terrain, so here you'll see an update.
I know I probably need to put it under the section terrain. But to be honest, then I will put up everywhere half finished post and don't think you all would like/accept that.
When I finish it and anyone is intersted I can give more detailed pics. And that I will place in the proper section...

It's going a bit slow, but the idea's on where to go are endless because I'm not using any reference... So picking one idea that I would try-out is fun time rethinking. Also most of the material I'm using are new to me so it's experimenting every step a bit more.

truely, looking/dreaming forward to the painting part :D

Guildenstern
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Guildenstern » Tue May 19, 2015 8:01 am

I love your swamp piece! I'd say maybe try to add green? lots of brown in it, as it should be, but swamps also have a good variety of green so maybe some algae in the water or something like that? Anyway all I got atm lol
Dez: "PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!"
Guildy's WIP thread (mostly Skaven)
Guildy's weeklypaint thread! (everything mostly not Skaven!)

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Tue May 19, 2015 12:42 pm

I like the tree!
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

Kovlovsky
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Post by Kovlovsky » Tue May 19, 2015 5:19 pm

I love everything. Keep it coming!
Forum's NKVD Cpt. Kovlovsky

40k : 3945 points of Thousand Sons
380 pts of Tzeentch Daemons of Chaos

Thousand Sons WiP : http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 6&t=114889

Fantasy : OnG

Dodenborg
MiniWarGaming Regular

Post by Dodenborg » Thu May 28, 2015 11:22 am

For this week I started on Dwarf thunder warriors (AoW).
still need to do some corrections and extra layers here and there.

the guns I'll paint afterwards.

Dodenborg
MiniWarGaming Regular

Post by Dodenborg » Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:03 am

For this week I worked on my chaos warriors, like on the uruk-hai & dwarfs I'll paint the waepons later. In the following weeks I'll focus on making bases and painting and assemble the waepons...

So I'll have some finished work in the end :shock: then I did more work in 2 months then I thought I could manage. And the ideas on what next are starting to become a work shedule I actually think possible to achieve

Hope you'll like them.