Wryce Weeklypaint 2015

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Re: Wryce Weeklypaint 2015

Post by Nappen » Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:36 am

looks beautiful...if that is appropriate for the subject matter :)

sterldog11
Now we're getting somewhere...

Post by sterldog11 » Thu Dec 24, 2015 5:52 pm

"-Vallejo black primer on everything except the yellow parts. That are primed with Vallejo white.
-Blue cloth are Vallejo model air blue and for highlights Vallejo game air magic blue.
-Yellow is Vallejo model air Medium yellow. (important to have a white basecolour before applying)
-Metallic parts are Reaper paint Gunmetal blue.
-Orange glow is the same steps as the yellow cloth but are glazed with Citadel Bloodletter.
-Silver parts are Citadel leadbealcher and highlighted with iron breaker.
-Gold parts are P3 rhulic gold.
-For shading Citadel Agrax earthshade."

i only use citadel paints

so for the blue calador sky? then highlight with telcius blue]
the orange im jus gna use troll slayer then glaze?
and the gold will be gold grypon
with the wash did you use any black washes or jus axarx over the whole model
also i noted there was a dusty effect on the bottom of the capes what was the paint for that and the gunmetal blue paint what is that?

Lady_Soria
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Post by Lady_Soria » Fri Dec 25, 2015 7:12 am

http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Paint ... lity_Chart

While I think this is posted in the painting forum on a stick there ya go.
Everybody wrestles with an inner beast. Mine just has fangs and claws. - Raven Skylander.

Wanna reading my writings? http://lady-soria24.livejournal.com/ ( WARNING some swearing in some stories.)

sterldog

Post by sterldog » Fri Dec 25, 2015 3:27 pm

Ohh thats what i thought.

I have purchased some vallejo paints.

And for the wash on the cloak did you agrax the entire thing. And not just creses, then repaint calador sky over the raised parts?

The glaze must really make flash gitz go orange then

Also wanted to ask if i could drybrush a blue over the metal to replicate the gunmetal blue as it is not availible in newzealand to purchase.

sterldog

Post by sterldog » Fri Dec 25, 2015 8:16 pm

Ohhk thats a good idea.

i haven't been there yet.

But i live in auckland city.

And do you thin the axarax earthshade down?
And is rhulic gold a dry brush esstentially or used as a layer?

And for any wooden parts is that rhinox hide used.

Thanks

sterldog

Post by sterldog » Sat Dec 26, 2015 3:23 pm

The one in takapuna down the alley.

That was my childhood store.

I used to dream of my space marines back then!

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:22 am

Nice work Wryce!
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

Kovlovsky

Post by Kovlovsky » Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:02 pm

Oh that's outstanding!
Forum's NKVD Cpt. Kovlovsky

40k : 3945 points of Thousand Sons
380 pts of Tzeentch Daemons of Chaos

Thousand Sons WiP : http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 6&t=114889

Fantasy : OnG

Nappen
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:50 pm

Looks awesome