Xaz's #theweeklypaint2015

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Guildenstern
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Re: Xaz's #theweeklypaint2015

Post by Guildenstern » Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:47 pm

Lady_Soria wrote:
ArchonPenguin wrote:I feel like the Warboss next to it is screaming "RUN BOYZ, RUN!"
And the Space Marines in front of it are going 'We have fought Xenos to quell their destruction of the Empire. We have fought our fallen brenthren and the foul powers given them by their dark gods...BUT THIS IS TOO MUCH!!! MOMMYYYYYY!"
^^ LOL
Dez: "PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!"
Guildy's WIP thread (mostly Skaven)
Guildy's weeklypaint thread! (everything mostly not Skaven!)

Xaz
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Xaz » Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:39 pm

Photo dump! Finished the warboss and the first Wrack. The other four wracks are getting started now.

So much fun painting this month!
Orks 5680

Necrons 3170

Space Marines 2100

Kovlovsky
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Post by Kovlovsky » Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:45 pm

I really love your painting. The colour contrasts are really well made. it makes your miniatures look a lot more alive than usual.
Forum's NKVD Cpt. Kovlovsky

40k : 3945 points of Thousand Sons
380 pts of Tzeentch Daemons of Chaos

Thousand Sons WiP : http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 6&t=114889

Fantasy : OnG

Munin
Bronze Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting Pledges

Post by Munin » Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:34 am

Sweet Jesus, that Wrack is cool! Really nicely done!

You know, I think the Dark Eldar might have some of the best sculpts in the game.

Kovlovsky
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Post by Kovlovsky » Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:38 am

Yea, they waited a looooooong time to get an update, but when they did get one, it was really an awesome one.
Forum's NKVD Cpt. Kovlovsky

40k : 3945 points of Thousand Sons
380 pts of Tzeentch Daemons of Chaos

Thousand Sons WiP : http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 6&t=114889

Fantasy : OnG

Xaz
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Xaz » Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:46 pm

Thanks guys! I am really trying to push myself on painting these guys. Cant wait to get started on the Venom that I just got in.
Orks 5680

Necrons 3170

Space Marines 2100

Xaz

Post by Xaz » Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:06 am

More work done on the Wracks last night. I picked up the X-27 and decided to give it a shot. I really like how they are turning out. Going to try to rebase them this week and call them done.

Orks 5680

Necrons 3170

Space Marines 2100

Lady_Soria
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Post by Lady_Soria » Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:04 am

Wow...those look awesome, the blue parts look like they are giving off light. Very awesome.
Everybody wrestles with an inner beast. Mine just has fangs and claws. - Raven Skylander.

Wanna reading my writings? http://lady-soria24.livejournal.com/ ( WARNING some swearing in some stories.)

Guildenstern
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Guildenstern » Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:58 am

wow they look amazing
Dez: "PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!"
Guildy's WIP thread (mostly Skaven)
Guildy's weeklypaint thread! (everything mostly not Skaven!)

Farseer Oz
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Farseer Oz » Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:54 pm

Great use of purple in the skin of those wracks, it has made he model come off top notch.
Eldar Biel-Tan 18,740 pts - 8,069 pts painted
Chaos Daemons 2,600 pts - 840 pts painted

Xaz

Post by Xaz » Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:09 pm

Thanks! I was trying to make them look bruised up from surgery. I mean from being a mad work of art.
Orks 5680

Necrons 3170

Space Marines 2100

Xaz

Post by Xaz » Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:52 pm

Thanks for the comments!

Had a bit of time today so I got my venom assembled. I wanted to put the wrack manning the gun but I'll need to get some legs off eBay.

Here's to priming in the morning!
Orks 5680

Necrons 3170

Space Marines 2100

Xaz

Post by Xaz » Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:30 am

So, haven't thrown up and pics in a few weeks because I have been crazy busy! I have worked something like 44 days straight and finally stayed home yesterday.

I was showing pics to the wife of an Ork Stompa that I was thinking about picking up to paint for this months challenge. As we scrolled through pics that awesome Mr. Potatohead Stompa showed up in the feed. She had heard me mention taking a stab at making one so she suggested that I give it a shot.

And that kicked off one of the most fun builds that I have had in a while! Here are some pics.

Here he is before all the shenanigans started. I did a little sketchup at my desk.

I really wanted to get an eye patch on this bad boy. I was going to do a pirate hat as well but the wife really wanted me to keep the potato head hat. Here he is a few days later. Its really hard to see the panels because I used clear plastic film for a lot of the plates.

Face plate is a must! I had an extra Doomsday cannon so I split it and used it for his belly gun.

Someone has to fire the bombs right?

So I had time to make the weapons yesterday, this was the part that I was the most stressed out about. I was trying to come up with a way to mount them to the body and then it hit me, just use the damn potato arms. They add some needed Ork comic relief now that I have mounted the guns with a little wrist strap. I was going to make an axe for him but decided to make a biggest choppa for blunt smashing doom.

Backpack made out of random stuff from my garage!

And here we go primed. I was so relieved once paint hit it and I could see all the hard work.

Next step will be base coating the whole thing black and then taking my time to paint it up. If anyone sees any details that I should slap on before I start painting let me know!
Orks 5680

Necrons 3170

Space Marines 2100