Xaz's #theweeklypaint2015

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Xaz
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Xaz's #theweeklypaint2015

Post by Xaz » Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:19 pm

Have the house finally settled in so I can start back to getting my hobby time caught up. So much to do!

Uploading stuff to photobucket this morning for updates. So far this year I have picked up a few more necrons and hope to finish them fast! I also have a couple boxes of bikers and even more lootas.

To wrap it up, I think I am going to knock out some nids for a buddy. We have grown tired of killing his primer green models.
Orks 5680

Necrons 3170

Space Marines 2100

Xaz
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Re: Xaz's #theweeklypaint2015

Post by Xaz » Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:32 pm

Got a few pics of the Lictor I have started. Decided to do it with just thick washes and really liked how it is turning out!

Primed white then thinned out Flash Gitz for the base coat.

Moved on to agrax wash, then mixed agrax with red, then highlights with Flash Gitz and Flash Gitz + White.

I need to make a base for it tonight and stick the other leg back on. Other than that I am happy with how its looking and my buddy is excited.
Orks 5680

Necrons 3170

Space Marines 2100

Guildenstern
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Guildenstern » Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:04 pm

that is really vibrant love it

also rofl @ your hand... looks like mine always do lol
Dez: "PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!"
Guildy's WIP thread (mostly Skaven)
Guildy's weeklypaint thread! (everything mostly not Skaven!)

Xaz

Post by Xaz » Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:22 am

Yea I end up with paint everywhere! I try to keep it on my paint board but I cant resist painting most of my nails as I go.
Orks 5680

Necrons 3170

Space Marines 2100

Vault

Post by Vault » Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:11 am

i get a lot of pait on myself, especially when I drybush...
That is an awesome colour... How did you g anou mixing this agrax and red you mentioned?
Get thee to a shrimpery!
Tau - 1849 points
Space Marines - 2333 points
Necrons - 3185 points
Tyranids - 3339 points
Orks - 1300 points
Lizardmen - 938 points

Xaz

Post by Xaz » Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:37 am

It was about 75% Agrax and 25% Vallejo Red. I cant remember exactly which red by name. I put them in a little cap and mixed them with my brush. It really thinned it out and hit all of those interior spots.
Orks 5680

Necrons 3170

Space Marines 2100

Vault

Post by Vault » Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:26 pm

Interesting idea... i'm just wary of trying to mix citadel paints due to pots.
Get thee to a shrimpery!
Tau - 1849 points
Space Marines - 2333 points
Necrons - 3185 points
Tyranids - 3339 points
Orks - 1300 points
Lizardmen - 938 points

Xaz

Post by Xaz » Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:27 am

The new woman is better than the ex woman. She has been on my butt about painting models the last few week, she is pushing me to paint more. I may have lucked out with this one!

Started work on another warboss that someone tossed in a box of random ork bits that I picked up off Ebay last year. I figured it would be fun to compare this one to the first AOBR warboss that I painted since it was my very first model.

It looks like we may be snowed in the next couple days so I should get something done!
Orks 5680

Necrons 3170

Space Marines 2100

Xaz

Post by Xaz » Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:22 pm

Wow for snowdays in the south. We had 10" of snow here which broke all sorts of records. I managed to finish up the base coats on my warboss and am going to knock out a defense line for the boyz!

Cutting out the fronts, I plan to put them on small bases as I get time.

Orks 5680

Necrons 3170

Space Marines 2100

easycompany
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by easycompany » Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:33 pm

Wow, the depth all the washes give to that model
Curahee!

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:24 pm

Weee snow!
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

Xaz

Post by Xaz » Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:42 pm

Yea, snow! View from my front door. It still managed to snow another three hours after this one.

It hasn't snowed like this since I was a kid.
Orks 5680

Necrons 3170

Space Marines 2100

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:26 pm

Oh yeah, looks like my neighborhood (couple feet more though).
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

wizardv12222
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by wizardv12222 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:37 am

We were supposed to get half a foot here, but didn't get anywhere near that. My son's upset, he was hoping for a snow day.
3665 - Blood Angels
2000+ - Orks
1500+ - Space Wolves

Check out my YouTube channel for battle reports, and painting videos!
http://www.youtube.com/user/wizardv12222?feature=mhee

Xaz

Post by Xaz » Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:23 am

Yea, any snow here is traumatic. It finally melted off this weekend and is supposed to be 70 degrees tomorrow! Oh then Wednesday we have another 1/4" of ice and two inches of snow coming.

Sigh.

At least I am finished with all my home repairs and past my midterms so Ill now have a bit more hobby time. The first few months of this year have been too busy!
Orks 5680

Necrons 3170

Space Marines 2100