fluffyfen's #theweeklypaint 2015

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
wizardv12222
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Re: fluffyfen's #theweeklypaint 2015

Post by wizardv12222 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:46 pm

I've only put together one Gundam model, but I think they are great kits. Might have to pick up another one... you know when the wife isn't looking!
3665 - Blood Angels
2000+ - Orks
1500+ - Space Wolves

Check out my YouTube channel for battle reports, and painting videos!
http://www.youtube.com/user/wizardv12222?feature=mhee

fluffyfen
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by fluffyfen » Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:57 pm

good thing i have a girlfriend who supports my hobbies
Bromanced to my Brosband - BewareOfTom

Pen gun, mightier than the sword. Sword gun, mightier than the pen gun.

Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Epic Duck Mike » Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:55 am

fluffyfen wrote:good thing i have a girlfriend who supports my hobbies
Boom. My GF is very supportive of my hobby too - she's even supplied some of my plastic crack on occasion. There's so many other hobbies we could have instead of wargaming that are more expensive or more dangerous, and much worse things we could all be spending on our money on.
Professional Warhammer and Miniature Painting - visit Epic Duck Studios!
I'm NOT currently accepting Commissions. Sorry!
Follow @_EpicDuck on Twitter.

Great artists don't paint because they're inspired; they're inspired because they paint.

fluffyfen
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by fluffyfen » Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:46 pm

Imagewarhammer witch by baltayanharout, on Flickr

just something ive been painting bit by bit.

fluffyfen

Post by fluffyfen » Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:59 pm

Imagehellbrute by baltayanharout, on Flickr

conversion for a hellbrute ive been working on. autocannon and fist is the loadout ive been thinking of, my problem is i dont have any suitable arms to use in the making of his fist.

Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Epic Duck Mike » Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:00 am

That conversion is glorious! I want one.

Great artists don't paint because they're inspired; they're inspired because they paint.

fluffyfen

Post by fluffyfen » Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:15 am

Image003 by baltayanharout, on Flickr

Image004 by baltayanharout, on Flickr

this my entry for MOTM march. its going to be a heavy weapons team for my traitor guard.

Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!

Post by Epic Duck Mike » Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:31 am

I love it :D

fluffyfen

Post by fluffyfen » Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:23 pm

haha thanks :D i wish i had a third mournfang to make the full team since the box set only comes with 2 though

fluffyfen

Post by fluffyfen » Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:13 pm

so ive been thinking of switching from citadel paints. what would you recomend? and if you could link me to a goos site to buy from?

Lady_Soria

Post by Lady_Soria » Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:09 pm

I find both reaper and Vallejo are good paints. Still use Citadel in some bits but not many placed in my area still sell it. Reaper paints you can get from their website. Hmmm for Vallejo in the states try the war store. Mwg have a link to them in their old store website.
Everybody wrestles with an inner beast. Mine just has fangs and claws. - Raven Skylander.

Wanna reading my writings? http://lady-soria24.livejournal.com/ ( WARNING some swearing in some stories.)

Guildenstern
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Guildenstern » Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:16 am

fluffyfen wrote:so ive been thinking of switching from citadel paints. what would you recomend? and if you could link me to a goos site to buy from?
Amazon has some, if that's more convenient.

If you're in the US, I believe HobbyTown has some (can't verify, not near one anymore :() Hobby Lobby has the military model and basic colours of Vallejo. Michael's only really carries Testors and craft acrylic.

RPGshop.com has been a good source for me, as has just Reaper's site directly.

if you can't find paints locally, I'd say amazon (for Vallejo), the Reaper site, or Army painter.
Dez: "PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!"
Guildy's WIP thread (mostly Skaven)
Guildy's weeklypaint thread! (everything mostly not Skaven!)

Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!

Post by Epic Duck Mike » Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:09 am

I pretty much swear by Vallejo and Privateer Press's P3 paints these days. 3 paints use liquid pigments as opposed to the normal suspended-particle pigment most other brands use, which means they make amazing washes/glazes, flow through an airbrush with no clogging, and don't give off a chalky effect if you drybrush with them.

Vallejo is just... Vallejo. And I mean that as a positive. They're pretty much the bar other paints need to measure to. I've had a few dud paints where the pigment separated from the acrylic resin, but they happily replaced them for me so I can't really complain.

I've heard great things about Scale75 paint as well, but haven't tried it.

Xaz
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Xaz » Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:11 am

The Vallejo ones are really nice. I have most of the ones that Hobby Lobby sells and plan to swap out my GW ones as I finish projects up. You can get them really cheap at Hobby Lobby when you use that 40% coupon.
Orks 5680

Necrons 3170

Space Marines 2100

fluffyfen

Post by fluffyfen » Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:40 pm

thanks guys. yeah im thinking of picking up some vallejo when i need to replace paint or need a new color