Soria's Weekly paint. Lets do this!

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Lady_Soria
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Soria's Weekly paint. Lets do this!

Post by Lady_Soria » Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:13 am

Late start I know and I do apologize for it, issues with the internet.

Anyroad I don't have any concrete goals for 2015 hobby wise other than try new things and don't do the '&*^%$ its good enough!' I some times do.

I do have a concrete goal for 2015 but its more gaming than the hobby side. During a conversation about support LFGS and why it has occurred to me that have really only play three matches outside of family since I started this wonderful hobby, and as of this month ( February) I will have been part of it on and off for twenty years. While its not a bad thing to focus on the hobby side I more want to play games for the social aspect since due a lot of circumstances some out and some in my control I don't really get out of the house much any more expect for work and shopping. I know I can go to the shop when its WarmaHordes night and just paint and chat with people the gaming part always seemed more.. engaging to me.

Gah sorry for my spillage there. Any way I am planning on focusing on one Hordes army and one Warmachine army. ( And possibly get into Wild West Exodus if a following in my area reveals itself.) The Hordes is going to be Troll Bloods. I love my Doomspouting treehuggers but... I am having trouble learning their finesse and getting comfortable with the game at the same time. The Warmachine army I am still deciding between Khador and Menoth. I love both of their fluffs and both of their models, for the most part, and I like the various ways both armies play. I am leaning more toward Menoth because one I haven't seen much of them in my area while Khador is kinda popular right now and I have a paint scheme figured out for Menoth but Khador I am flip flopping. Then again I might just say to heck with it and go with the mercenary force of dwarves.

Gah way longer than what I was planning. Anyway I enjoy all the stuff you've guys have put up so far, finding it all inspiring and humbling and hopefully I will catch up with you... once I buy the actual models. :lol:
Everybody wrestles with an inner beast. Mine just has fangs and claws. - Raven Skylander.

Wanna reading my writings? http://lady-soria24.livejournal.com/ ( WARNING some swearing in some stories.)

Oceangrave0
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Re: Soria's Weekly paint. Lets do this!

Post by Oceangrave0 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:21 am

ALL RIGHT GUYS LETS DO THIS!

LEEEEEERRRROOOOOOOOYYYYYYY JJJJEEEEEEEENNNNNNKKKKKINNNNSSS!!
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!
Your local chaotically infused servitor
"I'm starting to wonder if Ocean is in fact a plague marine." - Soria

Lady_Soria

Post by Lady_Soria » Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:24 am

At least I've got chicken!
Everybody wrestles with an inner beast. Mine just has fangs and claws. - Raven Skylander.

Wanna reading my writings? http://lady-soria24.livejournal.com/ ( WARNING some swearing in some stories.)

Oceangrave0
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Oceangrave0 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:27 am

Lady_Soria wrote:At least I've got chicken!
Fried......? >.>
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!
Your local chaotically infused servitor
"I'm starting to wonder if Ocean is in fact a plague marine." - Soria

Lady_Soria

Post by Lady_Soria » Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:09 pm

Oceangrave0 wrote:
Lady_Soria wrote:At least I've got chicken!
Fried......? >.>
Depends on whoes making it.

Any road I picked up a trollblood battle box yesterday so I should have in progress pic soonish.

Lady_Soria

Post by Lady_Soria » Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:29 pm

Got the battle box mostly put together. I am not going to but together the Axer completely together because his arms and weapon cover up a lot of parts. Also I want to have words with how ever designed the molds so that the mold line went right through highly detailed faces! BLARG!

Not sure exactly how I want to do their tartan. I know what colours I want to use but the design I am still thinking about.

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:22 am

I looked towards family colors for the tartan...but if you aren't of Irish/Scottish/UK descent, that may be tough ;)

I hate Restic, I hate Restic, I hate Restic, I hate Restic. Another reason I embargo Privateer Press!
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Epic Duck Mike » Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:31 am

Lady_Soria wrote:Not sure exactly how I want to do their tartan. I know what colours I want to use but the design I am still thinking about.
Paisley Print. I dare you ;)
Professional Warhammer and Miniature Painting - visit Epic Duck Studios!
I'm NOT currently accepting Commissions. Sorry!
Follow @_EpicDuck on Twitter.

Great artists don't paint because they're inspired; they're inspired because they paint.

Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Epic Duck Mike » Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:38 am

Dez wrote:I hate Restic, I hate Restic, I hate Restic, I hate Restic. Another reason I embargo Privateer Press!
The new Convergence battle engine is Hard Plastic... given time, that reason will die ;)

Great artists don't paint because they're inspired; they're inspired because they paint.

Dez
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:43 am

I saw that. I'm not sure if I would ever play again...though I am tempted from time to time to just paint the models.

Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!

Post by Epic Duck Mike » Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:02 am

Dez wrote:I saw that. I'm not sure if I would ever play again...though I am tempted from time to time to just paint the models.
I don't play games as it is ;) I think there's the impression that I play lots of games because every single time I play, there's a video of it... whereas I assume most other people do things like "playing for fun" and "practicing".

I played quite a bit of non-filmed WarmaHordes in MK1, but that's all largely irrelevant experience now anyhow.

Dez

Post by Dez » Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:21 am

I play weekly, sometimes more. We also do a lot of board games.

If I had my choice, I'd probably be gaming almost every day after I put the kids to bed :)

Lady_Soria

Post by Lady_Soria » Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:29 am

Dez wrote:I looked towards family colors for the tartan...but if you aren't of Irish/Scottish/UK descent, that may be tough ;)

I hate Restic, I hate Restic, I hate Restic, I hate Restic. Another reason I embargo Privateer Press!
I had that idea, especially since my dad is from Scotland , Fallkirk to be exact, but my family doesn't have it's own Tartan for some reason and every site seems to have aslight variations on which Tartan we use. All of have red though. Not a color I originally considered but it would play nicely with the blue skin.

And Mike. The paisley pattern may be a good idea for a flag.

Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!

Post by Epic Duck Mike » Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:43 am

Dez wrote:I play weekly, sometimes more. We also do a lot of board games.

If I had my choice, I'd probably be gaming almost every day after I put the kids to bed :)
To be fair, my lack of gaming is mostly due to my current home reno schedule... and also partly due to the MWG Store/Club closing... having a gaming store 1 mile from my front door was convenient. Part of my New Studio project will include a permanent gaming space in my home, which will resolve the second part ;)

Guildenstern
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Guildenstern » Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:53 pm

Epic Duck Mike wrote:
Dez wrote:I play weekly, sometimes more. We also do a lot of board games.

To be fair, my lack of gaming is mostly due to my current home reno schedule... and also partly due to the MWG Store/Club closing... having a gaming store 1 mile from my front door was convenient. Part of my New Studio project will include a permanent gaming space in my home, which will resolve the second part ;)
man that'd be awesome

we play at a friend's house but her situation isn't really stable enough to leave pieces set up (kids and cats, nuff said). I leave stuff up at mine but I really don't have a decent size table and we've no terrain to speak of yet, so it's kinda just worked out on a D&D mat lol

I have to say too, that moving the pieces around is one of the reasons I was ambivalent about getting into this obsess... I mean, hobby. I'm still looking at cases and such for my miniatures.

@Lady Soria, re: tartan - you totally should go for that =D Now I want models to put my family tartan on >< lol Can't wait to see what you come up with :)
Dez: "PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!"
Guildy's WIP thread (mostly Skaven)
Guildy's weeklypaint thread! (everything mostly not Skaven!)