Tiger's #theweeklypaint

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Guildenstern
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Re: Tiger's #theweeklypaint

Post by Guildenstern » Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:57 pm

[quote=TigerDave]I would like a second one. I *think* what I am going to do is a video paint guide for how to do one and how to assemble.[/quote]

YES PLEASE! lol

I haven't done mine yet >< I have two sitting in their boxes. One for casual and one for best. Well, ok actually I just got a really great deal on an old one and I bought the new version at my store. cough.

Yours looks absolutely beautiful, really nicely done!
Dez: "PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!"
Guildy's WIP thread (mostly Skaven)
Guildy's weeklypaint thread! (everything mostly not Skaven!)

TigerDave
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting Pledges

Post by TigerDave » Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:15 pm

Okay! Second Doomwheel purchased. We will start the tutorial tonight.

TigerDave
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by TigerDave » Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:04 pm

And the stack keeps getting bigger ...

After this week's pre-order comes in I will be adding 3x Death Jesters and 3x Shadowseers to the Masque.

The Troupe Master box came with some buttons too - 3x Shadowseers and 1x Deathjester. Cool!!

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:50 pm

Oh boy are you in for fun!
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:31 pm

Oh, boy

Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Epic Duck Mike » Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:43 am

Damn son!
Professional Warhammer and Miniature Painting - visit Epic Duck Studios!
I'm NOT currently accepting Commissions. Sorry!
Follow @_EpicDuck on Twitter.

Great artists don't paint because they're inspired; they're inspired because they paint.

Lady_Soria
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Post by Lady_Soria » Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:56 pm

May the force be with you.
Everybody wrestles with an inner beast. Mine just has fangs and claws. - Raven Skylander.

Wanna reading my writings? http://lady-soria24.livejournal.com/ ( WARNING some swearing in some stories.)

TigerDave
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by TigerDave » Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:52 pm

Yeah. I still haven't gotten back to finishing the Skyweavers. I think that will be next week. Last week/this week the stress is somewhat high. I'll be focusing on a WAY WAY side project; Border Patrols. I posted the rules in the Fantasy forum, but in a nutshell:

500 pts. 1 Hero. 1-3 Core. 0-1 Special or Rare. Only 1 chariot/monster/war machine. No model >125 pts. 2d3 Magic Winds dice.

So, this week I will be working on some High Elves as I can settle down and get to it. Amusingly, from midnight to 2am is my best time, but I should be sleeping then.

TigerDave
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by TigerDave » Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:58 pm

Short FYI - I haven't gotten to anywhere. New job has me a bit busy but I'm about to find my balance. Should be posting back in here shortly, and I have a ton of your projects to get caught up on.

Lady_Soria

Post by Lady_Soria » Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:03 pm

I hope you are enjoying your new job! Also happy to hear you are getting life into balance again. Looking forward to seeing most ratties. (Born in the year of the rat me self.)
Everybody wrestles with an inner beast. Mine just has fangs and claws. - Raven Skylander.

Wanna reading my writings? http://lady-soria24.livejournal.com/ ( WARNING some swearing in some stories.)

TigerDave
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by TigerDave » Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:05 pm

Bad Tiger! Bad bad bad!!

Blood Tide of Khorne Boxed Set, + additional box of Bloodthirsters

Last edited by TigerDave on Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lady_Soria

Post by Lady_Soria » Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:38 pm

???

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:54 pm

Somebody ate the Khorne flakes :)
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

Guildenstern
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Guildenstern » Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:14 pm

Dez wrote:Somebody ate the Khorne flakes :)
LOL

Carefully keeping those away from my son... I think those are more the style he was looking for in an army lol but I can't really afford to start helping him with a new one quite yet hah
Dez: "PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!"
Guildy's WIP thread (mostly Skaven)
Guildy's weeklypaint thread! (everything mostly not Skaven!)

TigerDave
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by TigerDave » Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:39 pm

Lady_Soria wrote:???
I have enough to paint, I don't need more Khorne. Well, actually I do, but ...

The local GW is having a "Paint Fantasy" contest with other stores - so it's a "buy and paint by the end of August" competition and I mean for us to win it! I can knock out Khorne super-easy.