easycompany's #theweeklypaint 2015

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
easycompany
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

easycompany's #theweeklypaint 2015

Post by easycompany » Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:32 pm

And we're back.....

After a brief lull in my gaming habits I'm back for another crack at this challenge.

I'm freestyling it this time round that means no targets, no long term goals just lots of updates and pics!

I mean it's only once a week....how hard can it be? Right? Right!? RIGHT!?

*ahem* ANYWAY, always up for the chats so let's get this conversation rolling!!

easy
Curahee!

Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Re: easycompany's #theweeklypaint 2015

Post by Epic Duck Mike » Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:43 pm

Welcome! I'm putting off long-term army-sized goals this year too - I find I paint more if I'm free to basically paint what I want to. Hope the same works for you :)
Professional Warhammer and Miniature Painting - visit Epic Duck Studios!
I'm NOT currently accepting Commissions. Sorry!
Follow @_EpicDuck on Twitter.

Great artists don't paint because they're inspired; they're inspired because they paint.

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:13 pm

Welcome back!
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

easycompany
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by easycompany » Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:14 pm

Cheers guys!
The no goals thing is really just there so painting doesn't become a chore, I don't want to just be doing the bare minimum with the models I have. Also regardless of goals I've never managed to keep one of these up for the full year. Who knows how this year will turn out, I've taken a break from the hobby for a while and depending on time, money and my plain enjoyment who knows how long I'll stay in this time round. Regardless of that I'm here now and looking to get painting
Curahee!

Guildenstern
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Guildenstern » Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:31 pm

hey even if you end up taking a break, come back and update us :) don't let it deter you from progress :) I know sometimes I get into this "why bother it's been ages" kind of mentality but that's ok, anyway. And I know I always enjoy seeing new stuff myself.
Dez: "PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!"
Guildy's WIP thread (mostly Skaven)
Guildy's weeklypaint thread! (everything mostly not Skaven!)

easycompany

Post by easycompany » Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:36 pm

Not much to report, I've barely had time to check the forums over the last week!
No painting done over the weekend as I was away playing in an Ultimate Frisbee tournament which was great fun. This week I've just been catching up on schoolwork while trying to practice for the six bands I'm auditioning with on Friday for my school's annual battle of the bands! :shock:

Fun times
Curahee!

easycompany

Post by easycompany » Fri Feb 13, 2015 5:24 pm

Still no painting to report on sadly :(

I've had a couple of really busy weeks between school work, exams and multiple band practices. I've finally got a week off now so looking forward to some rest and even some hobby work!

Having a nice relaxing evening with coffee, forums and my dad's vinyl collection :shock:
Curahee!

easycompany

Post by easycompany » Sat Feb 14, 2015 1:43 pm

I set up a new thread in the General Painting section to help get advice to improve my hobby ability as well as advice on improving my technique and buying better tools and materiel. Please check it out if you get the chance http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 8&t=113636
Curahee!

TigerDave
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting Pledges

Post by TigerDave » Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:06 pm

506th?

1/187th, 6/502nd (Berlin), 2/8 Cav, 2/72d Armored, 1/22d, 1/503rd, 1/23d, 102nd MI, 305th MI, 2/13th Avn, Task Force Odin, 2/13th Avn. Was a long and varied carrier, but I'll always consider myself a Rakkasan.

easycompany

Post by easycompany » Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:32 am

Hahaha no it's just a reference to Band of Brothers. That is some career you've got there though :shock:
Curahee!

TigerDave
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by TigerDave » Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:28 am

I was Infantry for 16 years, had some surgery that went bad, then did 6 years as a UAS operator. Was in a lot of places and had the blessing of being able to do a lot of amazing things.

In Korea, the northmost unit is 506th, and every time we went there the guys shouted "Stands alone!" as we entered the compound and we always responded, "Sleeps together!" Those poor guys.

Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:51 am

TigerDave wrote:506th?

Was a long and varied carrier, but I'll always consider myself a Rakkasan.
Where is the torii tattoo?

Welcome Back Easy!

TigerDave
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by TigerDave » Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:27 am

I don't have a torii but I should. I *do* have a tiger on my shoulder I got when I was flying UAS out of Guam, but the Mrs. is NOT an ink fan.

(PS - I'm year of the Tiger under the Chinese zodiac - 1962)

easycompany

Post by easycompany » Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:08 pm

Guess what!? I actually did some painting! :) Did some touching ups and small details on a unit of Termagants. I want to try and get my 'Nids finished now that I have all the paints. I really need to get new brushes though
Curahee!

Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Epic Duck Mike » Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:55 am

Wooo painting! Keep it up, and share some photos later :D

Check out Rosemary & Co brushes - they actually have a Workbench Warriors set for miniature painting that's quite affordable compared to W&N or similar.
Professional Warhammer and Miniature Painting - visit Epic Duck Studios!
I'm NOT currently accepting Commissions. Sorry!
Follow @_EpicDuck on Twitter.

Great artists don't paint because they're inspired; they're inspired because they paint.